3 quotes

Baldrick

Guest
"Homeopathy cures a larger percentage of cases than any other method of treatment." -Mahatma Gandhi-

"Homeopathy is the safest and most reliable approach to ailments and has withstood the assaults of
the established medical practice for over 100 years." -Yehundi Menuhin-

"The introduction of Homeopathy forced the old school doctor to stir around and learn something of a
rational nature about his business. You may honestly feel grateful that Homeopathy survived the
attempts of the orthodox physicians to destroy it." -Mark Twain-

"Baldrick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Homeopathy cures a larger percentage of cases than any other method of treatment." -Mahatma Gandhi-
>
> "Homeopathy is the safest and most reliable approach to ailments and has withstood the assaults of
> the established medical practice for over 100 years." -Yehundi Menuhin-
>
> "The introduction of Homeopathy forced the old school doctor to stir
around
> and learn something of a rational nature about his business. You may honestly feel grateful that
> Homeopathy survived the attempts of the
orthodox
> physicians to destroy it." -Mark Twain-

A well-known logical fallacy is the "appeal to authority" (rather than to the evidence).

What should we call an appeal to inexpert opinion such as these? Should this count as an argument
against homeopathy?

Peter Moran

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 01:07:45 +0200, "Baldrick" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Homeopathy cures a larger percentage of cases than any other method of treatment." -Mahatma Gandhi-

That is irresponsible nonsense.

>"Homeopathy is the safest and most reliable approach to ailments and has withstood the assaults of
>the established medical practice for over 100 years." -Yehundi Menuhin-

That is irresponsible nonsense.

>"The introduction of Homeopathy forced the old school doctor to stir around and learn something of
>a rational nature about his business. You may honestly feel grateful that Homeopathy survived the
>attempts of the orthodox physicians to destroy it." -Mark Twain-

That is irresponsible nonsense.

Homeopathy is a deadly threat to children.

Regards,

Aribert Deckers
--
"So finden Sie Gewinnertypen" (Michael Strachowitz) Eine Analyse
http://www.ariplex.com/ama/ama_ml15.htm