3 to 4 Gals. of diet pepsi daily

ntsassy said:
I was reading your e-mail and I wanted you to know that aspartme puts off symptoms of arthritis,lupus and it can't be good for you. However anything that you are addicted to is
hard to change and the caffine is addicting. You hang in there and maybe
you will fine something else that works for you. :)
diet pepsi, thats like coke ain't it, there was a program on the telly the other night here stating that coke strips the body of calcium and leads to conditions such as oeseoatheritis and other calcium related illnesses? i thknk the pepsi thing ain't gonna help if the program was correct :)

I've gone off diet pepsi for a few months and then took a sip on x-mas thinking it'll be harmless, and went back to the same game. I didn't drink 3-4 gallons no way, more like 1 gallon (two 2 litre bottles). Geesh it's the most addicting thing ever, the same way you describe that fizz is what i crave for. As funny as it sounds, it's hard to lose the addiction of this softdrink.

From what I understand it's the carbonation in the beverage. I try not to drink soda or any carbonated beverage with the exception of the occasional beer. The rest of the time its gatorade, water, or juice. Every once in a while (such as a weekend at the parents house where all that is in the house is soda) I'll go on a binge, and pay for it on the road and in the water. Never feel good the following week.

The cancer warning was taken off the artifical sweetners because it was revealed that the amount of the stuff pumped into the study rats was many times their body weight. Maybe about the same amount as several gallons a day would accumulate.

closesupport said:
diet pepsi, thats like coke ain't it, there was a program on the telly the other night here stating that coke strips the body of calcium and leads to conditions such as oeseoatheritis and other calcium related illnesses? i thknk the pepsi thing ain't gonna help if the program was correct :)

Why do some people feel that the carbination in beverages is bad for you?

I agree that the sweeteners and alcohol are not good for you in excessive amounts, but carbonation is disolved CO2, no mysterious chemical that has a name we cant pronounce and unknown or unwanted side effects.

Do you people feel unsweetend carbinated water is bad for you?

There is conflicting research about the affect of carbonation on our bodies. Some studies link it to bone loss. Others suggest its the amount of caffeine in the drinks. Others still suggest that it is the acids in the drinks. Most of the studies concur that in low amounts or moderation, there may be no significant impact on a normal person.

I just know that I dont feel 100% after having a soda. So I stay away from it. I drank carbonated flavored water for a while, but found i felt much better when drinking Gatorade. Not conclusive proof of the effect of carbonation, but again, enough for me.

GIFF07 said:
Why do some people feel that the carbination in beverages is bad for you?

I agree that the sweeteners and alcohol are not good for you in excessive amounts, but carbonation is disolved CO2, no mysterious chemical that has a name we cant pronounce and unknown or unwanted side effects.

Do you people feel unsweetend carbinated water is bad for you?

*looks into crystal ball*

"In the past you were...an overweight woman on weight watchers..."

Dude, h2o...its alot cheaper. You need to ween yourself off otherwise you WILL suffer withdrawl symptoms. 1-2 cups a day wont do anything to you...but think about the amount of unnatural/chemically processed **** you are putting into your body...uuggghhh...that CANT be good.

Off topic..dude, Lasalles! DAMN...your knees look DWARFED! How do you balance on those things?

e
:eek:

The only thing addicting is the aspartame, at least for me. I drink coffee and ain't addicted. But the diet pepsi gives me such a craving. Chewing gum that has aspartame such as trident helps reduce the craving, so at least it's somewhat of an improvement.

Originally Posted by M2cycler .

drinking to much diet pepsi is no good because of the artificial sweetners. i'm not sure about the link between cancer and aspartme, saccharine etc but 3-4 gallons a day cant be good. try just drinking 1 gallon a day or dilute it with water. it'll taste really **** so you'll stop drinking it.
I agree with you. Some of my friends suffered from diabetes, cancer and other complications because of the artificial sweeteners which one of the major content of soda. So as an advice, you should not treat yourself that bad and drink Diet Pepsi all out. You don't know that you torturing yourself already. But in Japan they even worship drinking Pepsi. Soda isn't really typically the very first consumable substance that comes to mind when losing weight is topic of discussion. However, PepsiCo would like to change the game for Japanese consumers with its latest release, Pepsi Special. The business claims that this brand new fat-blocking Pepsi drink contains dextrin, a non-digestible starch found in some baked solutions that will supposedly raise the consumer's metabolism and really burn fat. Want to know more about it? Read it here: Fat-Blocking Pepsi Special

Just go on the Internet and research aspartame and/or sucralose side effects. I bet you put down the DP'S.

lumberjack18 said:
Just go on the Internet and research aspartame and/or sucralose side effects. I bet you put down the DP'S.
You mean alleged side effects. There are no scientific studies that conclusively show anything worrisome about aspartame or sucralose. The internet is ONLY a useful source of information if you can identify what reliable information is. In a scientifically illiterate society that is growing more so (America), unfounded/misstated claims on the internet are becoming a bigger problem.

trixiesmith said:
I agree with you. Some of my friends suffered  from diabetes, cancer and other complications because of the artificial sweeteners which one of the major content of soda. So as an advice, you should not treat yourself that bad and drink Diet Pepsi all out. You don't know that you torturing yourself already. But in Japan they even worship drinking Pepsi. Soda isn't really typically the very first consumable substance that comes to mind when losing weight is topic of discussion. However, PepsiCo would like to change the game for Japanese consumers with its latest release, Pepsi Special. The business claims that this brand new fat-blocking Pepsi drink contains dextrin, a non-digestible starch found in some baked solutions that will supposedly raise the consumer's metabolism and really burn fat. Want to know more about it? Read it here: Fat-Blocking Pepsi Special
You have no clue why your friends got cancer, diabetes, and other health issues they have.

Not alleged for me. Many of the symptoms listed I have been dealing with for a couple of years. I stopped eating or drinking anything that had artificial sweeteners in it. Many, not all of the symptoms went away within a week or so. They say that your body only retains a very small amount of the chemical and it takes awhile before it reaches a toxic level. That's when you start having problems. They say that your body stores the chemical in your fat cells. I believe it because now that riding season has started I am losing weight some of the problems have come back. They say it can take months or even years to get it out of your system. But like anything else, not all people will have an adverse reaction to it. I'll never use artificial sweeteners again.

lumberjack18 said:
Not alleged for me. Many of the symptoms listed I have been dealing with for a couple of years. I stopped eating or drinking anything that had artificial sweeteners in it. Many, not all of the symptoms went away within a week or so. They say that your body only retains a very small amount of the chemical and it takes awhile before it reaches a toxic level. That's when you start having problems. They say that your body stores the chemical in your fat cells. I believe it because now that riding season has started I am losing weight some of the problems have come back. They say it can take months or even years to get it out of your system. But like anything else, not all people will have an adverse reaction to it. I'll never use artificial sweeteners again.
"They" say a lot of things. I prefer, however, to think critically and scientifically about things instead of just relying on unverified internet "information". The fact is that correlation is not causation, and there may be no factual link at all between artificial sweeteners and what you experienced. That's why we have science. It's a rational, methodical framework under which things can be examined. That's why we have the scientific method, a mechanism designed to remove the corrupting effects of human bias on observations. As I stated, there is no clear evidence that aspartame or sucrolose are toxic. Your claims are just unverified claims, and you'll believe what you will. Heck, some people still think the world is 6000 years old and that people rode dinosaurs. Some people still think that vaccines cause autism, and there are likely some who still think that HIV was a government created retrovirus unleashed purposely on certain populations.

Stay away from all soda and the pink and blue sweeteners- sweeteners of death. I gave up soda about 15 years ago and all the stomach ailments I had went away.

OldTimer79 said:
Stay away from all soda and the pink and blue sweeteners- sweeteners of death. I gave up soda about 15 years ago and all the stomach ailments I had went away.
"Pink and blue sweeteners of death"? That's a bit of an exaggeration, no?

No, not at all. The pink and blue ones are proven to be very detrimental to one's health. Stick to either pure sugar or Splenda which is made from pure sugar.

OldTimer79 said:
No, not at all. The pink and blue ones are proven to be very detrimental to one's health. Stick to either pure sugar or Splenda which is made from pure sugar.
No, they're not. There's no scientific or medical consensus of that sort at all. There's about as much internet hand wringing about Splenda (sucralose) as there is for Equal (aspartame) and Sweet and Low (saccharin). That sucralose is derived from sugar really isn't relevant and doesn't make it natural or more natural, unless you consider chlorinated sugar compounds "natural". Me, I could care less. Natural doesn't mean healthy, just as synthetic doesn't mean unhealthy.

Pop (of any variety) is awful for you. Sugar is evil.

~~Michael Lalonde - - M&K Mining - ~~Sudbury Ontario