3 weeks to find the perfect gift!!

Jene

Aug 2, 2004
lol, ok...so i gotta hope my bf dont read this but neways....i need help!! lol, no idea what to buy my bf for his b'day....he's mainly a roadie but has a pretty good mtb as well...any ideas?? dont wanna spend much...maybe £30 or £40

I know what i bought myself, a nice backpack. Some new shoes or computer or helmet, or gloves will be next. I have no GF to buy for me... :(

awww

but problem there is he's got all that stuff....theres nuthin 'normal' i can buy him that he doesnt have...need some very unique cycling stuff

Go with the tried and the true...the consumables...the things that wear out and need to be replaced. Do up a little basket...chain lube, socks, the stupid little things that are nice that no one ever buys for themselves. Undoubtedly your LBS is like mine and has a wall full of little goodies.

Brunswick_kate said:
Go with the tried and the true...the consumables...the things that wear out and need to be replaced. Do up a little basket...chain lube, socks, the stupid little things that are nice that no one ever buys for themselves. Undoubtedly your LBS is like mine and has a wall full of little goodies.
TRY WWW.WIGGLE.CO.UK FREE DELIVERY OPTION, LIKE A VISIT TO THE LBS WITHOUT THE WALK ;)

WINTER IS COMMING AROUND HERE, I'M HOPING MY PARTNER WILL INVEST IN ME A GAULET AND ARM WARMERS :), IKNOW KATE SORRY! WE SHOULD SUPPORT OUR LBS I AGREE:D

closesupport said:
TRY WWW.WIGGLE.CO.UK FREE DELIVERY OPTION, LIKE A VISIT TO THE LBS WITHOUT THE WALK ;)

WINTER IS COMMING AROUND HERE, I'M HOPING MY PARTNER WILL INVEST IN ME A GAULET AND ARM WARMERS :), IKNOW KATE SORRY! WE SHOULD SUPPORT OUR LBS I AGREE:D

I don't know how it works in your neck of the woods but here, my local bike shop is very competitive, price wise once I've calculated shipping, duty, currency exchange, blah, blah blah. Besides, when something's wrong or needs tweaking, the LBS is always there for me. I just bought a BOB YAK trailer for my bike. Second or third run out, a screw or something came loose and shook out on the trail. Had I bought it online, I would have had to make a trip to the hardware store, probably had to buy the screwdriver or whatever to put it in, hassle, hassle, hassle, hassle hassle. Instead, I was 5 mins into the LBS and on the road again with a "Sorry 'bout that, Kate".

Since I'm a regular customer at the LBS, I get an automatic 20% discount on my purchases.

And I can't chat up the internet and find out what happening in and about town, who's up to what. No gossip worth having there where EVERYTHING I need to know about the local scene is available at the local shop, and they provide the coffee.

By the way, I just checked online to compare what I paid for my trailer to what I could have bought it for from Mountain Equipment Co-Op which would have elimated duty and currency conversions. I paid $401 taxes included. Before shipping, the same item at MEC would have cost me $520 and I would have had to assemble it, blah , blah, blah.........

Even when the LBS costs me marginally higher than the online store, it's just not worth the hassle. I've got a great LBS.