30 Days - NO BEER

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by breadbasket1, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Member

Congratulations indeed, but we are better off some nasty habits and too much beer is simply one of them, it really gets us off our balance, not to mention the addiction.

2. blur92

blur92 New Member

Wow, congratulations on the success! It seems like you not only succeeded on getting more fit but also in cutting a horrible habit. You should be proud of yourself :) it is honestly impressive.

3. shilpa123

shilpa123 New Member

I think it is great to have lots of water while you are on the go. I know it takes a lot of patience to per at certain places but you cannot just dehydrate the body for no reason.

4. jeremy2

jeremy2 New Member

Your approach is simply cool. You realized your faults and you did something about it and its paying off big time. I can only urge you to keep focus and whatever your goals are,am pretty sure you will exceed your expectations. Nice work.

5. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonder New Member

Yeah, beer is definitely bad in terms of belly fat. It just makes you so bloated all the time. When I was still having a hard time putting on weight, I was advised by a friend to drink beer at least once a day. I tried it and I was not happy with the result. I did put on weight, but it was just all over my belly and I looked really ugly then. I wanted to gain weight, but I wanted it all over my body, not just in one area.

Also, I think beer is not good for the healthy overall, and so we must really stay away from it.

6. ambal

ambal Active Member

Beer does make ladies look better. Considering 70% of the adult population is either fat or obese, I need a hell of a lot of beer before I even get to a bar.

7. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Member

Haha, so after drinking some beers women look better eh, that is a fact, especially if it's by night like in a disco or a bar no? :p

8. Kiprasn

Kiprasn New Member

Its great to hear this. You're one of the not so many people, that actually take actions and change their livestyles. 30 days? Make it 300 days, make it 3000 days. Of course you can drink ocassionally, but going from everyday to once or twice a month is big difference. Also you feel better, that most important thing that you get from giving up bear!

9. lordrenly

lordrenly New Member

Keep up the good work. I never actually have a habit of drinking beer even though I have nasty habits of drinking sodas (the regular ones, not the diet ones) and I think what you did can apply to my case as well. Even though I drink a lot, my pee is still very dark and I can assume that drinking too much soda is the main cause of it and I don't know whether my sleep problem is related to that as well but seeing your experience, it makes me want to be as healthy as you.

Oh, and the money part, I think it is a nice extra to be able to save money while living a healthier life. I won't save as much as people who cut beer but it is still better than nothing.

10. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Member

lol, that's true, no beer, no money spend, but sometimes some beers help to lift the spirits and in the next morning we can always pedal for a healthier life. :p

11. Vickeree

Vickeree Member

Thank you for clarifying especially for people who might think that it's a good idea to drink and run or drink and ride!

And congratulations breadbasket1 for completing the 30 day challenge! Why not level up and try doing it for 60 or 90 days? And keep us updated with the results!

12. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Member

Just one thing crossed my mind, 30 days with no beer? Have you replace with cider? There are quite a few varieties these days, so it can be a good alternative. :)

13. westmixxin

westmixxin New Member

As amazing because I haven't been here actually right next to me right now simply because I don't think I can go 30 days without one. I have to head me a drink every Friday is just something that's a part of my tradition. Having a drink on Friday and Saturdays is not a big deal especially when you been working all week. But if you have a serious drinking problem than having any drink it all could be a serious issue.

14. Rhodolite

Rhodolite Member

Congrats! I drink now and then in moderation. I've pretty much gone with drinking water, tea or black coffee. Same mentality applies to soda. You're taking in a ton of calories just by having one bottle of beer or soda alone. I knew a guy who lived off of mountain dew for the longest time and was overweight. He dropped pounds like crazy when he cut out drinking soda from his diet.

15. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Member

Pretty much like me, I don't like alcohol so I just drink it half a dozen times per year, but when I do drink I like to drink a little. :)

16. jumpergrrl1979

jumpergrrl1979 New Member

Wow, I thought I was doing great because I haven't had a beer in a week. I love beer, and cannot imagine life without it. I am not saying by any means that I am an alcoholic, but I enjoy a few on the weekends. I imagine that I could lose some weight if I gave up my habit, but I just cant part with it yet. I gave up smoking last year and cannot imagine what a joy I would be to be around if I gave up beer too! Congrats on your weight loss and muscle gain, you are far stronger than me!

17. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Member

haha, one week is fairly good jumper, especially after that passionate declaration you made about it! :D Beer does make us feel better if we drink a good amount of it, it goes well with lupins. :)

18. kana_marie

kana_marie Member

Congratulations! I know a lot of people who couldn't do that. Good job!

19. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Keep it going! I am amazed how you have the persistence and the courage to continue on with your "no beer" diet! It will continue to do wonders for you and your body as long as you continue working your behind off! Good job!

20. vespid49

vespid49 New Member

Good job with the discipline. I wish I had nearly as much. It's also fantastic that you're making a really healthy choice by quitting a substance that inebriates not only the mind but also the physical body. Perhaps I'll try to wean off of something myself. Perhaps soda.