30 Days - NO BEER

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by breadbasket1, Apr 5, 2014.

1. joshposh

joshposh Banned

I would actually cut out the soda that contains fructose corn syrup. Alcohol was bad for you but you just traded out one evil for another. Fructose corn syrup is very bad for you and will spike your insulin to higher levels. By spiking your insulin any calorie that is consumed is stored into fat. So stay away from sugars. You will lose excessive fat if you do just that.

2. Zif

Zif New Member

I think giving up beer is great for your waistline and OP great effort there! But for this reply I'm skeptical of anything "foodbabe" posts. All this anti GMO and toxin stuff is not really scientific, but just fear and profit mongering. Just because something is a preservative does not automatically make it bad for you. And GMO products and Pesticides are generally less toxic than organic alternatives (not that organic stuff will kill you or anything. Lines like this are especially disturbing "Propylene Glycol (an ingredient found in anti-freeze)" Because lots of things are used in lots of products perfectly safely. Vinegar is a common component of hard core cleaning products but no one complains about having it on their salad because they know what it is. Something being used in something else can't be considered a good argument for or against it. If you want to show that the use of Proylene Glycol is damaging to the body in the amounts found in products please find a study testing it's toxicity at the dosage involved. As for the science it's generally recognized as safe in the amounts used in food.

3. psean1991

psean1991 New Member

Congrats! I've been off the stuff for ten years and counting. As soon as I got out of rehab I hopped on the bike and never looked back. It's all about replacing the bad habits with good ones.