30 Days - NO BEER

Congratulations indeed, but we are better off some nasty habits and too much beer is simply one of them, it really gets us off our balance, not to mention the addiction.

Wow, congratulations on the success! It seems like you not only succeeded on getting more fit but also in cutting a horrible habit. You should be proud of yourself :) it is honestly impressive.

I think it is great to have lots of water while you are on the go. I know it takes a lot of patience to per at certain places but you cannot just dehydrate the body for no reason.

Your approach is simply cool. You realized your faults and you did something about it and its paying off big time. I can only urge you to keep focus and whatever your goals are,am pretty sure you will exceed your expectations. Nice work.

Yeah, beer is definitely bad in terms of belly fat. It just makes you so bloated all the time. When I was still having a hard time putting on weight, I was advised by a friend to drink beer at least once a day. I tried it and I was not happy with the result. I did put on weight, but it was just all over my belly and I looked really ugly then. I wanted to gain weight, but I wanted it all over my body, not just in one area.

Also, I think beer is not good for the healthy overall, and so we must really stay away from it.

wander_n_wonder said:
Also, I think beer is not good for the healthy overall, and so we must really stay away from it.
Beer does make ladies look better. Considering 70% of the adult population is either fat or obese, I need a hell of a lot of beer before I even get to a bar.

Haha, so after drinking some beers women look better eh, that is a fact, especially if it's by night like in a disco or a bar no? :p

Its great to hear this. You're one of the not so many people, that actually take actions and change their livestyles. 30 days? Make it 300 days, make it 3000 days. Of course you can drink ocassionally, but going from everyday to once or twice a month is big difference. Also you feel better, that most important thing that you get from giving up bear!

Keep up the good work. I never actually have a habit of drinking beer even though I have nasty habits of drinking sodas (the regular ones, not the diet ones) and I think what you did can apply to my case as well. Even though I drink a lot, my pee is still very dark and I can assume that drinking too much soda is the main cause of it and I don't know whether my sleep problem is related to that as well but seeing your experience, it makes me want to be as healthy as you.

Oh, and the money part, I think it is a nice extra to be able to save money while living a healthier life. I won't save as much as people who cut beer but it is still better than nothing.

lol, that's true, no beer, no money spend, but sometimes some beers help to lift the spirits and in the next morning we can always pedal for a healthier life. :p

new_rider said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy1970 http://.

The Tamahumara people of Mexico sometimes run up to 200 miles across country, often with no shoes, fueled initially by home brewed corn beer. This about that one when you're going out for less than half the distance on a state of the art bicycle on good roads...

It's a mistake to compare either ourselves with the Tarahumara with the average american, or to compare their beer with ours.

As far as the beer sold in the US, it contains:

Propylene Glycol (an ingredient found in anti-freeze)

carinogenic food coloring

food dye made from petroleum

genetically modified corn syrup

It should go without saying that beer, as manufactured for american consumption, is thoroughly toxic.

A naturally brewed, fresh corn beer has absolutely no resemblance to the toxic sludge which we call beer sold in american supermarkets.

http://foodbabe.com/2013/07/17/the-shocking-ingredients-in-beer/

---

Also, apart from their consumption of fresh, natural beer, their diet is very healthy.

“It’s mostly beans, squash, chilli peppers, wild greens, ground corn and chia.†(Chia is a seed that can absorb more than 12 times its weight in water, and is available online at www.amazon.com)
The Tarahumara’s favourite drink, apart from home-brewed corn beer, is a little concoction whipped up by dissolving chia seeds in water and adding a little sugar and a squirt of lime. As tiny as those seeds are, they’re packed with omega-3s, protein, fibres and antioxidants.

http://www.menshealth.com.sg/mh-runners/secrets-tarahumara-runners

--

It should also go without saying that the level and type of physical activity of the Tarahumara is much higher and much more varied than the average american.

Therefore, it is illogical and highly misleading to suggest that an average american, drinking american beer, can come anywhere close to approximating the physical endurance of the tarahumara.

edit: I should add that those smooth, unvarying roads are not what you need to improve coordination or strength. You actually need to engage in varied activities and exercise in order to 'shock' your body into new muscle development.

edit 2: as I suspected, the tara beer is a low alcohol, high carb drink which provides a lot of energy without any of the garbage preservatives and additives of the commercial product sold in the 'industrialized' world.

It provides energy but an enormous amount would have to be consumed in order to get a 'buzz.' Meanwhile, we drink beer strictly in order to get buzzed, not because of any nutritional value.

The lesson to be learned is that if you are going to drink beer, make it yourself, from the freshest natural ingredients, and drink it while consuming very fresh fruits and vegetables.

edit 3: it also appears as if the shoes we use promote a heel strike, which promotes injuries. The shoes we use are overly protective, and tend to take on the job of shock absorption which would normally allow our muscles to grow.

This is all very sad.

We are supposed to the most technologically advanced culture on earth and all this is doing is making us fatter, more sedentary and less physically fit than ever before.
Thank you for clarifying especially for people who might think that it's a good idea to drink and run or drink and ride!

And congratulations breadbasket1 for completing the 30 day challenge! Why not level up and try doing it for 60 or 90 days? And keep us updated with the results!

Just one thing crossed my mind, 30 days with no beer? Have you replace with cider? There are quite a few varieties these days, so it can be a good alternative. :)

As amazing because I haven't been here actually right next to me right now simply because I don't think I can go 30 days without one. I have to head me a drink every Friday is just something that's a part of my tradition. Having a drink on Friday and Saturdays is not a big deal especially when you been working all week. But if you have a serious drinking problem than having any drink it all could be a serious issue.

Congrats! I drink now and then in moderation. I've pretty much gone with drinking water, tea or black coffee. Same mentality applies to soda. You're taking in a ton of calories just by having one bottle of beer or soda alone. I knew a guy who lived off of mountain dew for the longest time and was overweight. He dropped pounds like crazy when he cut out drinking soda from his diet.

Pretty much like me, I don't like alcohol so I just drink it half a dozen times per year, but when I do drink I like to drink a little. :)

Wow, I thought I was doing great because I haven't had a beer in a week. I love beer, and cannot imagine life without it. I am not saying by any means that I am an alcoholic, but I enjoy a few on the weekends. I imagine that I could lose some weight if I gave up my habit, but I just cant part with it yet. I gave up smoking last year and cannot imagine what a joy I would be to be around if I gave up beer too! Congrats on your weight loss and muscle gain, you are far stronger than me!

haha, one week is fairly good jumper, especially after that passionate declaration you made about it! :D Beer does make us feel better if we drink a good amount of it, it goes well with lupins. :)

Keep it going! I am amazed how you have the persistence and the courage to continue on with your "no beer" diet! It will continue to do wonders for you and your body as long as you continue working your behind off! Good job!

Good job with the discipline. I wish I had nearly as much. It's also fantastic that you're making a really healthy choice by quitting a substance that inebriates not only the mind but also the physical body. Perhaps I'll try to wean off of something myself. Perhaps soda.