30 inch wheels

Davor

Guest
I'm looking for CONTINENTAL 30 700 c86 tires or smthg like
that to put on 30 inch rims alu. also looking for spokes...
Any idea? Help..... bike is set with turbo old brooks seat
(made in india), sachs roller brakes in hubs, frame custom
no name metallic blue (help, which brand is it?)

davor zagreb croatia

"davor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm looking for CONTINENTAL 30 700 c86 tires or smthg
> like that to put on 30 inch rims alu. also looking for
> spokes... Any idea? Help..... bike is set with turbo old
> brooks seat (made in india), sachs roller brakes in
> hubs, frame custom no name metallic blue (help, which
> brand is it?)
>

> davor zagreb croatia
I have heard of 30 inch rims only once a tourist was riding
across the soviet union and broke his wheel a local bike
shop put a 30 inch wheel on the bike. For spokes try a tack
shop a shop that sells supplies for horses the chariots use
some oddball size wheels.

Original post
"davor" <[email protected]> wrote
> I'm looking for CONTINENTAL 30 700 c86 tires or smthg
> davor zagreb croatia

I have heard of 30 inch rims only once a tourist was riding
across the soviet union and broke his wheel a local bike
shop put a 30 inch wheel on the bike. For spokes try a tack
shop a shop that sells supplies for horses the chariots use
some oddball size wheels.

Would a 30 inch wheel fit a 27 inch frame? And what tyre would fit that rim? Perhaps he's just looking for a 30 - 700 C tyre, in millimetres, not inches.

Paul <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> wrote:
> > Original post "davor" <[email protected]> wrote
> > > I'm looking for CONTINENTAL 30 700 c86 tires or
> > > smthg davor zagreb croatia
> > I have heard of 30 inch rims only once a tourist was
> > riding across the soviet union and broke his wheel a
> > local bike shop put a 30 inch wheel on the bike. For
> > spokes try a tack shop a shop that sells supplies for
> > horses the chariots use some oddball size wheels.
>

> Would a 30 inch wheel fit a 27 inch frame? And what tyre
> would fit that rim? Perhaps he's just looking for a 30 -
> 700 C tyre, in millimetres, not inches.

I dont remember much about the article I think the cyclist
said the shop helped us adapt a 30 inch wheel to our 27 inch
frame that may mean they cut off the brake bridge. I did do
some more research fred delongs guide to bicycles has an
extensive list of wheel sizes but the largest it lists is a
28 inch 635 mm bead seat diameter. Some say Moser used a 30
inch wheel when he set the hour record this came from
bikelist.org under the search 30 inch there are a bunch of
articles under big wheels but I have not read all of them.
The international human powered vehicle association may know
but I cant find there web site. Also there are clubs that
restore antique bikes but tires for these will be very
expensive.

charles ramsey wrote:

> ... Some say Moser used a 30 inch wheel when he set the
> hour record this came from bikelist.org under the search
> 30 inch there are a bunch of articles under big wheels but
> I have not read all of them. The international human
> powered vehicle association may know but I cant find there
> web site....

Try looking here for the IHPVA website.
<http://www.ihpva.org/>.