30 Year Old Dawes Galaxy Frame

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mark Thompson, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. It's still a Reynolds frame, but is it too early to be a
    531? I take it the only difference between the 531 and
    whatever came before is the weight? How much lighter is a
    modern Reynolds 531 frame likely to be?

    Tags:

  2. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 19:02:14 -0000, "Mark Thompson"
    <[email protected] (change warm for hot)> wrote:

    >It's still a Reynolds frame, but is it too early to be a
    >531? I take it the only difference between the 531 and
    >whatever came before is the weight? How much lighter is a
    >modern Reynolds 531 frame likely to be?

    Certainly not too early to be 531. I believe the Galaxy used
    531 right from the start.

    --
    Dave...

    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. -
    Mark Twain

  3. Rg

    Rg Guest

    "Dave Kahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 19:02:14 -0000, "Mark Thompson"
    > <[email protected] (change warm for
    > hot)> wrote:
    >
    > >It's still a Reynolds frame, but is it too early to be a
    > >531? I take it
    the
    > >only difference between the 531 and whatever came before
    > >is the weight?
    How
    > >much lighter is a modern Reynolds 531 frame likely to be?
    >
    > Certainly not too early to be 531. I believe the Galaxy
    > used 531 right from the start.
    >
    > --
    > Dave...
    >
    > Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. -
    > Mark Twain

    ... I missed the start of this thread so what follows may be
    complete crap ..... there is little doubt that a 30 year old
    Galaxy would be 531 frame and forks - I have a 1975 and a
    1982 Galaxy both of which I bought in original/paint
    condition and both have original 531 decals.

    Rob