30 Year Old Dawes Galaxy Frame

Mark Thompson

Guest
It's still a Reynolds frame, but is it too early to be a
531? I take it the only difference between the 531 and
whatever came before is the weight? How much lighter is a
modern Reynolds 531 frame likely to be?

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 19:02:14 -0000, "Mark Thompson"
<[email protected] (change warm for hot)> wrote:

>It's still a Reynolds frame, but is it too early to be a
>531? I take it the only difference between the 531 and
>whatever came before is the weight? How much lighter is a
>modern Reynolds 531 frame likely to be?

Certainly not too early to be 531. I believe the Galaxy used
531 right from the start.

--
Dave...

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. -
Mark Twain

"Dave Kahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 19:02:14 -0000, "Mark Thompson"
> <[email protected] (change warm for
> hot)> wrote:
>
> >It's still a Reynolds frame, but is it too early to be a
> >531? I take it
the
> >only difference between the 531 and whatever came before
> >is the weight?
How
> >much lighter is a modern Reynolds 531 frame likely to be?
>
> Certainly not too early to be 531. I believe the Galaxy
> used 531 right from the start.
>
> --
> Dave...
>
> Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. -
> Mark Twain

... I missed the start of this thread so what follows may be
complete **** ..... there is little doubt that a 30 year old
Galaxy would be 531 frame and forks - I have a 1975 and a
1982 Galaxy both of which I bought in original/paint
condition and both have original 531 decals.

Rob