3000 miles,, in your face!

Kimber, my wife, may have something to say about this?/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

My wealth came from luck, not hard work. I am the luckiest SOB you have ever known,

Keep plugging away, I started out in May struggling to do five miles in two or three hours.
Some days I wished I had not left the house at all. Others I sat on the edge of the trail
thinking, what the hell are you trying to do?

Now I can just go out and ride, seldom get tired or winded or sore. The weight has come
off slowly and I really watch what I eat and how much.

It just takes commitment!

John, my husband of 41 years, might have something to say about it too, LOL. Although, for 20 million dollars, he might be willing to share. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/tongue.gif

I so envy lucky people. I am one of the UNluckiest people you will ever meet. In my lifetime, I have been bitten by a poisonous snake, in a plane that lost power and nearly fell from the sky, hit by lightning, chased around the house by an escaped psycho, caught in the middle of a police chase between them and the bank robber they were chasing, rolled my old pickup truck off the road when a huge bug flew into my eye, stuck in my house when a tornado flew by our street, and grew up so poor, even in America, that we went without eating for days at a time (which I should do more often, now, LOL). To top that off, John and I were one of those stupid enough/uninformed enough to move to California to be closer to our kids and buy a house in January of 2006.... a house which is now worth less than half of what we paid for it, so although we worked hard all our lives and have always had full-time jobs, we are stuck in that rut of not being able to sell or refinance or get out from under the payments, which are hard to make on retirement. Very frustrating after we did everything else right the previous 40 years!

But all that is in the past, and I have my pretty red bike, Freedom, and she's going to help me stay happy and get healthy, which is the most important thing. THANKS for the encouragement on that score; I'm eating 1200-1300 calories a day, trying to make most of them really healthy ones, and don't plan to ever stop that or quit riding, so eventually there will be a lot less of me to try to pedal around. As you may know, fat people can be the butt of some pretty remarkable cruelty when they ride past skinny people, and I get very tired of people loudly pointing out the size of my posterior, LOL, to the point that I want to get a jersey made that says on the back, "I know, I KNOW.... I'm WORKING on it!!"

Anyway, give Kimber (pretty name!) a hug for me. She's lucky to have a guy with such a good work ethic (on the bike) and a great sense of humor.