350 pounds and looking for a bike

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Chet Rogers, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Chet Rogers

    Chet Rogers Guest

    Hello i am thinking of getting a bicycle "Mountain bike" but my only issue is that i am 350
    pounds.Do you guys know of any bikes that will hold a person my size..I only intend to ride on
    pavement with no jumping..Thanks for any info.Hopefully you do and it doesnt cost to much.

    Tags:

  2. Sdc

    Sdc Guest

    "chet rogers" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello i am thinking of getting a bicycle "Mountain bike" but my only issue is that i am 350
    > pounds.Do you guys know of any bikes that will hold a person my size..I only intend to ride on
    > pavement with no jumping..Thanks for any info.Hopefully you do and it doesnt cost to much.

    Nice to see you want to get some excericise in. Let' see...

    Steel frame for price and strength and don't bother with any form of suspension. Then get a
    reputable bike store to help you with the rest. Pay close attention to your bike seat, coushinier
    (is that a word?) is not necessarily better and even with the best seat for you, your bum will hurt
    for the first few weeks. Rear rim and hub are also important items.

    SDC

  3. Bran

    Bran Guest

    "chet rogers" <[email protected]> spake thusly on or about Tue, 26 Aug 2003 06:32:05 UTC

    -> Hello i am thinking of getting a bicycle "Mountain bike" but my only issue -> is that i am 350
    pounds.Do you guys know of any bikes that will hold a -> person my size..I only intend to ride on
    pavement with no jumping..Thanks -> for any info.Hopefully you do and it doesnt cost to much

    an used bike and a well made 36 spoke rear wheel... I opted for a downhill rim myself but I am not
    commited to the paved roads. if you insist on a new bike one of the marin urban bikes would be a
    good choice and you might even not have to upgrade the rear wheel

    --
    I hurt before the ride so fibro gives me a head start on the rest of the pack. silver lining?
    [email protected]