37 hour days in Massachusetts

MagillaGorilla

Guest
http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/2004/interviews/?id=mark_mccormack04

"I'm coaching now," he says. "I have juniors, masters, women, etc. that
I work with and I enjoy seeing my clients succeed at meeting the goals
they each set out for themselves."

-----------------------------

What ****ing pro has time to coach, raise a family, and race the full
NRC - and be GOOD at all of them?

Do they have 37 hour days up in Massachusetts or something?

Fix your leaking Big Dig too,

Magilla

>From: MagillaGorilla [email protected]

>http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/2004/interviews/?id=mark_mccormack04
>
>"I'm coaching now," he says. "I have juniors, masters, women, etc. that
>I work with and I enjoy seeing my clients succeed at meeting the goals
>they each set out for themselves."
>
>-----------------------------
>
>What ****ing pro has time to coach, raise a family, and race the full
>NRC - and be GOOD at all of them?
>
>Do they have 37 hour days up in Massachusetts or something?
>
>Fix your leaking Big Dig too,
>
>Magilla

Looks to me like he's doing a pretty good job of all of it. He'd never be able
to fix that shithole that the Boston politicians dug so they could give our tax
dollars to their frends and family. It's still too big a giveaway program and
is about as corrupt as it gets. Mark is used to getting things done, he
couldn't work with the incompetent hacks trying to run or fix the mess.
Bill C

TritonRider wrote:

>>From: MagillaGorilla [email protected]

>>http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/2004/interviews/?id=mark_mccormack04
>>
>>"I'm coaching now," he says. "I have juniors, masters, women, etc. that
>>I work with and I enjoy seeing my clients succeed at meeting the goals
>>they each set out for themselves."
>>
>>-----------------------------
>>
>>What ****ing pro has time to coach, raise a family, and race the full
>>NRC - and be GOOD at all of them?
>>
>>Do they have 37 hour days up in Massachusetts or something?
>>
>>Fix your leaking Big Dig too,
>>
>>Magilla

> Looks to me like he's doing a pretty good job of all of it. He'd never be able
> to fix that shithole that the Boston politicians dug so they could give our tax
> dollars to their frends and family. It's still too big a giveaway program and
> is about as corrupt as it gets. Mark is used to getting things done, he
> couldn't work with the incompetent hacks trying to run or fix the mess.
> Bill C

$100,

Seems to me like the McCormack brothers are learning from their
politicos up in Kennedyland who dug that $15 billion leak pit. Is it
really fair to other riders on the team to have the director sportif be
the brother of one of the riders?

Magilla

>From: MagillaGorilla [email protected]

>$100,
>
>Seems to me like the McCormack brothers are learning from their
>politicos up in Kennedyland who dug that $15 billion leak pit. Is it
>really fair to other riders on the team to have the director sportif be
>the brother of one of the riders?
>
>Magilla

Depends on how he treats everybody. Could be a conflict of interest, we'll have
to see how it works out. I think it'll work out OK, that's just my opinion
though.
Bill C

TritonRider wrote:

>>From: MagillaGorilla [email protected]

>>$100,
>>
>>Seems to me like the McCormack brothers are learning from their
>>politicos up in Kennedyland who dug that $15 billion leak pit. Is it
>>really fair to other riders on the team to have the director sportif be
>>the brother of one of the riders?
>>
>>Magilla
>>

> Depends on how he treats everybody. Could be a conflict of interest, we'll have
> to see how it works out. I think it'll work out OK, that's just my opinion
> though.
> Bill C

That's what Bechtel told the public before invoicing them for another
billion dollars due to their own mistakes.

Magilla

>From: MagillaGorilla [email protected]

>That's what Bechtel told the public before invoicing them for another
>billion dollars due to their own mistakes.
>
>Magilla

They're a friggin D3 team. How much could they possibly screw up at worst.
Even trying to **** it up, it'd have to end up better than the Horseteef fiasco
ended.
Like Kurgan says it's entertainment not life and death, except if you **** up
your IV.
Bill C

Henrietta and you don't seem to understand that pro cycling is NOT just
entertainment. The sport itself is foundated upon marketing,
engineering, sales, etc. Those are legitimate businesses, douchhebag.

It's just as serious as any billion dollar marketing or ad agency's
existence. Many cycling industry companies rely on their brand being
promoted by a pro team. You take away Lance Armstrong and Postal, and
TREK as a company would likely be nothing like it is today. They could
have never started Bontrager.

Cyclingnews.com is classified as an online publication NEWS business,
not entertainment. I could give you thousands of examples like this of
why cycling is not "just entertainment."

Also, even if what you said is true (and it's not), entertainment is
still a serious business and a heck of lot more essential and
'legitmate' to the well being (i.e. employment) of a country and its
denizens than half the other businesses out there. Go ask the people in
California if the entertainment industry is a legitimate business and
see what they say. Think of all the computer special effects, make-up,
artists, writers, and movie moguls employed in the entertainment industry.

You have no idea what you are talking about and are just repeating
things other people say like an imported parrot from Brazil without
thinking the issue through.

Everything with you people is about whatever ****ing thought you can fit
into 2 sentences. If it's more complicated than 2 sentences, it will
never get written on RBR unless I, or maybe 3 other people here, write
the ****ing thing.

Goddamn you people are simpletons. I'm convinced most of you never went
to college. And it shows.

"Cycling is 'just' entertainment." - what a ****ing joke.

You people need to shut the **** up,

Magilla

TritonRider wrote:

>>From: MagillaGorilla [email protected]

>>That's what Bechtel told the public before invoicing them for another
>>billion dollars due to their own mistakes.
>>
>>Magilla
>>

> They're a friggin D3 team. How much could they possibly screw up at worst.
> Even trying to **** it up, it'd have to end up better than the Horseteef fiasco
> ended.
> Like Kurgan says it's entertainment not life and death, except if you **** up
> your IV.
> Bill C
>

>From: MagillaGorilla [email protected]

>Henrietta and you don't seem to understand that pro cycling is NOT just
>entertainment. The sport itself is foundated upon marketing,
>engineering, sales, etc. Those are legitimate businesses, douchhebag.

How many registered racers does USAC have? It's a pisshole in the snow. As a
whole industry here in the US I'd guess it rates below say sewage disposal if
you take out the Wally World $80 shitbikes that people buy for their kids. I'm
sure that Chung could dig up some stats. I know you think you're the worlds
most excellent genius, and all this **** is really really important, so much so
that you feel the need to attempt to shock people with a vulgarity ever third
word or so. Give it up. Richard Pryor was funny as hell with it, Lenny Bruce
****** people off with it, Carlin is smart with it, your none of the above.
As for you having all the answers, the stupidest people I've ever met think
that. I know you're yanking peoples chains but they're stupid if they take
anything you say seriously.
You really need to spend more time stroking your **** in private instead of
your ego here. Or maybe you're into voyeurism and get off on having people know
that you act like a jackass.
Maybe Brian'll be nice and ship you some meds.
Bill C

TritonRider wrote:

>>From: MagillaGorilla [email protected]

>>Henrietta and you don't seem to understand that pro cycling is NOT just
>>entertainment. The sport itself is foundated upon marketing,
>>engineering, sales, etc. Those are legitimate businesses, douchhebag.
>>

> How many registered racers does USAC have? It's a pisshole in the snow. As a
> whole industry here in the US I'd guess it rates below say sewage disposal if
> you take out the Wally World $80 shitbikes that people buy for their kids. I'm
> sure that Chung could dig up some stats. I know you think you're the worlds
> most excellent genius, and all this **** is really really important, so much so
> that you feel the need to attempt to shock people with a vulgarity ever third
> word or so. Give it up. Richard Pryor was funny as hell with it, Lenny Bruce
> ****** people off with it, Carlin is smart with it, your none of the above.
> As for you having all the answers, the stupidest people I've ever met think
> that. I know you're yanking peoples chains but they're stupid if they take
> anything you say seriously.
> You really need to spend more time stroking your **** in private instead of
> your ego here. Or maybe you're into voyeurism and get off on having people know
> that you act like a jackass.
> Maybe Brian'll be nice and ship you some meds.
> Bill C

I will answer your question with the following statement: pro cycling
and bike racing and all the satellite companies they support probably
equates to a billion dollar industry.

Your argument is irrelevant and a personal attack to obfuscate the fact
that you and Henry were wrong for calling bike racing just
"entertainment." Nothing could be further fromt he truth.

And when I pointed out just how wrong youw ere, you got offended asnd
attacked me with some nonsense.

In this case, I was 100% right, and you and Henry were 100% wrong. The
facts don't lie.

But you do,

Magilla

> >From: MagillaGorilla [email protected]

> Maybe Brian'll be nice and ship you some meds.
> Bill C

Why on Earth are you trying to push me into the Monkey Bar? Trust me, we
both have better things to do.
However, the points in your post were well taken. Maybe they can sell via
Cafe a tape of his jacking off and use the proceeds to help orphans in Iraq.

>From: MagillaGorilla [email protected]

>I will answer your question with the following statement: pro cycling
>and bike racing and all the satellite companies they support probably
>equates to a billion dollar industry.

Here are some facts:
http://nbda.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=34

>Your argument is irrelevant

I disagree. We are talking about how "important" cycling is. You chose to say
that it's important because of the business it generates. BTW that was much
higher than your guess.
It's still a drop in the bucket of GNP.
http://www.forecasts.org/gnp.htm
Here's a little perspective:
http://www.bls.gov/iag/leisurehosp.htm

Extracted:
Data from the Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages program show that, in
the economy as a whole:

arts, entertainment, and recreation represents about 1.4 percent of all
employment and about 1.3 percent of all establishments;

All of that was 1.4% how big a chunk of that do you think cycling is?

>and a personal attack to obfuscate the fact
>that you and Henry were wrong for calling bike racing just
>"entertainment." Nothing could be further fromt he truth.

It is an industry that is split into several sectors, racing is the smallest,
and is entertainment and some fitness.
On the scale of things that matter using the $5.5billion and 1.4% it really is
pretty irrelevant on the whole.

>In this case, I was 100% right, and you and Henry were 100% wrong. The
>facts don't lie.
>
>But you do,
>
>Magilla

Show me where I lied about anything. I expressed an opinion that I feel quite
capable of defending on it's merits. You disagree.
If everything that is bicycle related in the US disappeared tomorrow it would
not be the end of the country or even a massive blow.
Here's some comparison with 9/11:

Extracted from:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/waronterrorism/story/0,1373,776451,00.html

The financial cost

Value of US economy: $11 trillion

Estimated cost of attacks to US based solely on property losses and insurance
costs: $21billion

Estimated total losses to the world insurance market from the World Trade
Centre: £25bn-£50bn

Amount of office space lost, in square feet: 13.5m

Estimated number of jobs lost in lower Manhattan area following 9/11: 100,000

Number of jobs it has been estimated will be lost in the US as result of the
attacks by the end of 2002: 1.8m

Number of jobs lost in US travel industry in last 5 months of 2001: 237,000

Amount it has been estimated that US commercial insurance premiums will rise by
to cover the potential cost of future terrorism between 2002 and 2004: 50%

Amount allocated by Congress for emergency assistance to airline industry in
September 2001: $15bn

Cycling is not that important.
Bill C

B. Lafferty wrote:

> "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>>From: MagillaGorilla [email protected]

>>Maybe Brian'll be nice and ship you some meds.
>>Bill C
>>

> Why on Earth are you trying to push me into the Monkey Bar? Trust me, we
> both have better things to do.
> However, the points in your post were well taken. Maybe they can sell via
> Cafe a tape of his jacking off and use the proceeds to help orphans in Iraq.

Brian,

Great response from an attorney who thinks that Tyler Hamilton's due
process hearing is just a formality.

You then talk about your liberal agenda, which is supposedly based on
due process and dialogue.

But according to you, Lance and tyler are drug addicts becauuse of innuendo.

You're just unhappy because Mike Creed proved your Burger King comment
was wrong.

Magilla

MagillaGorilla wrote:

> Brian,
>
> Great response from an attorney who thinks that Tyler Hamilton's due
> process hearing is just a formality.

Has Brian been retained by Hamilton?
Congratulations, Brian!

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

"Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>>
>> Brian,
>>
>> Great response from an attorney who thinks that Tyler Hamilton's due
>> process hearing is just a formality.

> Has Brian been retained by Hamilton?
> Congratulations, Brian!
>
> Steve
>
> --
> Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
> http://www.dentaltwins.com
> Brooklyn, NY
> 718-258-5001

Yeah. Haven called and said something about getting a check from some fan we
site.

On 11/15/2004 11:36 AM, in article [email protected],
"MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote:

> You take away Lance Armstrong and Postal, and
> TREK as a company would likely be nothing like it is today. They could
> have never started Bontrager.

And here I thought that Keith Bontrager started Bontrager way back when,
before selling it (and himself) to Trek.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

TritonRider wrote:
>>From: MagillaGorilla [email protected]

>>I will answer your question with the following statement: pro cycling
>>and bike racing and all the satellite companies they support probably
>>equates to a billion dollar industry.

> Here are some facts:
> http://nbda.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=34

These are general bike sales that will happen regardless of whether or
not the sport of pro cycling (aka "entertainment") exists or doesn't
exist. So why post a link liek this unless you're prepared to elaborate
on its relevance to the debate we were having?

Oh, I forgot, that debate is more than two sentences, so it will never
happen.

Magilla

TritonRider wrote:

>>From: MagillaGorilla [email protected]

>>I will answer your question with the following statement: pro cycling
>>and bike racing and all the satellite companies they support probably
>>equates to a billion dollar industry.

> Here are some facts:
> http://nbda.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=34
>

>>Your argument is irrelevant

> I disagree. We are talking about how "important" cycling is. You chose to say
> that it's important because of the business it generates. BTW that was much
> higher than your guess.
> It's still a drop in the bucket of GNP.
> http://www.forecasts.org/gnp.htm
> Here's a little perspective:
> http://www.bls.gov/iag/leisurehosp.htm
>
> Extracted:
> Data from the Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages program show that, in
> the economy as a whole:
>
> arts, entertainment, and recreation represents about 1.4 percent of all
> employment and about 1.3 percent of all establishments;
>
> All of that was 1.4% how big a chunk of that do you think cycling is?

Your comparison of total bike sales to the sport of professional cycling
(so-called "entertainment" value as an industry) is way too broad. If
you eliminated the sport of pro cycling tomorrow, the industry would
still sell $5.1 billion of those bike sales worldwide.

So my estimate was not off - you are misrepresenting my argument and
then claiming I made a mistake. I was NEVER talking about total bike
sales, douchebag.

And obviously, I didn't want to turn this discussion into a spreadsheet
because it was unnecessary to do so.

My point was that cycling is NOT just entertainment as you and Henrietta
keep saying everytime the subject of doping comes up. It's a
combination of numerous linked industries and businesses: marketing,
sales, machine shop welding, tool dyes, shipping (UPS/FedEx), OLN,
commercials, video production companies, clothing manufacturing,
photography, bike sales, news reporting, airlines, hotel reservations,
graphic design, printers, etc.

I could probably list 50 more but I don't see the point on beating a
dead horse. It's obvious professional cycling is NOT just entertainment
and that you and Henrietta are simpletons for saying that.

After I explained this to you, you then conceded that is was only 3
things: "arts, entertainment, and recreation"..and then went on to say
how all of that [incomplete] list comprises only 1.4% of GNP.

First of all, the list is much more extensive than those three and
probably doesn't even include "recreation" because we're talking about
pro cycling and not recreational cycling (Remember the premise of this
discussion? It was based on a doping issue and how the law doesn't care
about enforcing doping in cycling because "it's just entertainment" and
how the sport's existence can be defined as NOTHING but entertainment.
These arguments are all wrong.)

And second, if it were 1.4% of GNP, any economist worth their salt would
tell you that is HUGE amount both dollar wise and absolute amount wise.
You tried to imply that 1.4% is small.

Dude, you need to get an education and then come back here and bring
something intelligent to the table besides misrepresentations and
misunderstandings.

Thanks,

Magilla

Magilla

TritonRider wrote:

>>From: MagillaGorilla [email protected]

> Show me where I lied about anything. I expressed an opinion that I feel quite
> capable of defending on it's merits. You disagree.
> If everything that is bicycle related in the US disappeared tomorrow it would
> not be the end of the country or even a massive blow.
> Here's some comparison with 9/11:
>

> Bill C

You and Henrietta lied because both of you said cycling is nothing but
an industry of entertainment. And you failed to acknowledge all the
other industries, businesses, and employees linked to pro cycling.

So to say that is pro cycling were decimated, and that it doesn't matter
because it's "just an entertainment industry" is totally wrong.

I believe the original context was that prosecutors and courts don't
enforce doping in cycling because it's "just entertainment."

That argument is likewise wrong. Prosecutors would enforce any illegal
act regardless of whether or not it involves the entertainment industry
or not.

If you tell a prosecutor that you got EPO without a prescription he
probably will prosecute you. And the reason why they don't isn't
because "it's just entertainment," but because there's really not a huge
amount of illegal activity in the sport, so it doesn't call any
attention to it. One or two guys on all the pro teams taking 1 to 2
vials of EPO is hardly worth doing a sting operation on.

Obviously the police in Europe feel differently because the volume of
drug trafficking is more significant than here in the U.S.

So you and Henrietta lied by saying pro cycling is "just an
entertainment industry."

Magilla