39t 130bcd Midddle Chainring wanted

gclark8

Apr 13, 2004
I am looking for a 39t 130bcd Midddle Chainring for a 5 bolt 9 speed triple crank, prefer silver, however, something a little cheaper than TA.

Any one seen one in a shop or on a web site?

gclark8 said:
I am looking for a 39t 130bcd Midddle Chainring for a 5 bolt 9 speed triple crank, prefer silver, however, something a little cheaper than TA.

Any one seen one in a shop or on a web site?
Use a generic 39 of the correct BCD.It won't have shift ramps like a regular middle triple ring but will work.

boudreaux thank you for the response and the sugggestion. I will make it "plan C",
"A" being the FSA 39t I found on the Harris Cyclery page, however it does not seem to be available in Australia.
"B" is to use the TA 39t (10 speed) I got from them last week.

"A" + postage is far greater $$ than "B", so "C" may end up being the most practical option.

Update:

FSA 39 middle was offered to me this morning @ AUD$80, and an Ultegra 39 middle @ AUD$79, both a little too much for now, so I will leave things as is for the time being and go for 10x3 later in the year.

I spoke with the FSA Importer this morning, big mistake!!

http://www.scvimports.com.au/2003-4cat/2003-25.pdf

He hates old people and especially pensioners, would have quoted more if he had known. Looks like you have to be female and young to pay a reasonable price for a part. US$34 full retail from Harris is way too much too. I think I will just leave the bike on the trainer until summer. :(