3D virtual reality bicycle trainers

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Ron, Oct 19, 2004.

  1. Ron

    Ron Guest

    All the posts I find on VR trainers are pretty old. I'm looking for
    recent comparisons and recommendations for the current (Oct.'04)
    trainers that are available.

    I'm hoping to hear from people who have actually tried these trainers.
    What do I have to choose from...Computrainer, Tacx i-magic,
    Velodyne?, new Tacx Fortius, are there others to consider?

    What's the choice of serious bike racers for winter of '04?

    Thanks in advance,
    Ron

    Tags:

  2. tomgaul

    tomgaul New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2003
    While I'm not a serious racer, I purchased the Computrainer and I love it. I got it Nov. '03 and put about 600 miles on it last winter, I should be getting back on soon as the weather in the northeast is getting crappy now. I especially like the topo software, I was able to create a couple of courses that are actual routes I ride around town where I live.

  3. al

    al Guest

    [email protected] (Ron) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > All the posts I find on VR trainers are pretty old. I'm looking for
    > recent comparisons and recommendations for the current (Oct.'04)
    > trainers that are available.
    >
    > I'm hoping to hear from people who have actually tried these trainers.
    > What do I have to choose from...Computrainer, Tacx i-magic,
    > Velodyne?, new Tacx Fortius, are there others to consider?
    >
    > What's the choice of serious bike racers for winter of '04?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Ron

    I have a TACX I-Magic Trainer and I'm very happy. Now I wait the new
    Fortius
    trainer and I hope will be the motor upgrade for I-Magic. It can
    simulate until 20% of slope and also for very fast descent. Also
    there's the RLV real life video film syncronized with trainer so you
    can feel any change grade to live a great experience like real road.
    see www.i-rides.com