3rd. naked cyclists demo in Zaragoza (Spain) Thursday 12th Jun 2003

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Parix, May 29, 2003.

  1. Parix

    Parix Guest

    THIRD NAKED CYCLIST DEMONSTRATION IN ZARAGOZA:

    PUBLIC AND UNIVERSAL CALL

    This is the third time this demonstration takes place. Due to the success of the past two gatherings
    (2001 and 2002) this year we want to go further: we have decided to spread our call worldwide. We
    invite everyone to join in (twenty people is enough to do it!).

    We´ll cycle with no clothes on trhough the centre of Zaragoza as the last two times. This the first
    time we announce it beforehand. It´s a defiance to the stablished power and a bet for civil
    desobedience.

    Stop the dependence on oil!. Down with the polution! Down with textile industry!.

    Naked in front of traffic against the oil and car dictatorship and its wars. Reclaim the streets for
    the people.

    This event will take place on Thursday the 12th of June, and we suggest you to do it in your own
    city on the same date or as near as possible. It´s fun and generates social debate.

    It´s a call of the "Coordinadora de Colectivos Ciclonudistas de Aragón (C.C.C.)", that is part of

    For more info write to e-mail: [email protected]

    http://www.unizar.es/pedalea/ciclonudistas/

    Tags:

  2. Grl

    Grl Guest

    Mostly it generates what it deserves to generate: gawking, pointing, and laughter.

    --

    - GRL

    "It's good to want things."

    Steve Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist, Visual Basic programmer)
    "parix" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > THIRD NAKED CYCLIST DEMONSTRATION IN ZARAGOZA:
    >
    > PUBLIC AND UNIVERSAL CALL
    >

    > This is the third time this demonstration takes place. Due to the success of the past two
    > gatherings (2001 and 2002) this year we want to go further: we have decided to spread our call
    > worldwide. We invite everyone to join in (twenty people is enough to do it!).
    >
    > We´ll cycle with no clothes on trhough the centre of Zaragoza as the last two times. This the
    > first time we announce it beforehand. It´s a defiance to the stablished power and a bet for civil
    > desobedience.
    >
    > Stop the dependence on oil!. Down with the polution! Down with textile industry!.
    >
    > Naked in front of traffic against the oil and car dictatorship and its wars. Reclaim the streets
    > for the people.
    >
    > This event will take place on Thursday the 12th of June, and we suggest you to do it in your own
    > city on the same date or as near as possible. It´s fun and generates social debate.
    >
    > It´s a call of the "Coordinadora de Colectivos Ciclonudistas de Aragón (C.C.C.)", that is part of

    > For more info write to e-mail: [email protected]
    >
    > http://www.unizar.es/pedalea/ciclonudistas/

  3. Parix

    Parix Guest

    GRL wrote:
    > Mostly it generates what it deserves to generate: gawking, pointing, and laughter.

    Well, we are the ones that laugh the more for sure. Anyway, I think it generates what it looks for
    to generate, that is, mediatic impact for an open public discussion, about urban cyclism, we're on
    every local media, otherwise it's very hard to achieve.

    And it, at least here, generates more sympathy, encourage and good karma than what I deduce from
    you words.

  4. Grl

    Grl Guest

    Uh, I would not bet any money on it, if I were you. Could be wrong, but I strongly doubt it.

    --

  5. On Fri, 30 May 2003 17:23:41 -0400, "GRL" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >"parix" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> GRL wrote:

    >> > Mostly it generates what it deserves to generate: gawking, pointing, and laughter.
    >> >
    >> Well, we are the ones that laugh the more for sure. Anyway, I think it generates what it looks
    >> for to generate, that is, mediatic impact for an open public discussion, about urban cyclism,
    >> we're on every local media, otherwise it's very hard to achieve.
    >>
    >> And it, at least here, generates more sympathy, encourage and good karma than what I deduce from
    >> you words.
    >
    >Uh, I would not bet any money on it, if I were you. Could be wrong, but I strongly doubt it.

    I can see two sides to this issue. On the one hand, there's GRL, who's saying that nudism is
    laughable and idiotic. In my experience, an attitude far more prevalent in the States than it is in
    Europe. On the other side, there's parix, who is also claiming that it's an incredibly unusual
    thing, and is trying to say that riding bikes naked is somehow a good way of showing people that
    it's fun to ride a bike.. I don't really get that.

    Jasper

  6. Jym Dyer

    Jym Dyer Guest

    > Stop the dependence on oil!. Down with the polution! Down with textile industry!.

    =v= I've been busy opposing the first two; I'll have to give some thought to the third ...
    :^o <_Jym_