3TTT stems question.

rick-paulos

Guest
Trivia time.

What do the 3 letters T stand for on 3TTT stems?

And don't say Team Time Trial.

Rick

On 17 Dec 2003 09:06:33 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
> What do the 3 letters T stand for on 3TTT stems?

Tecno Tubo Torino (from Turin, Italy). They used to have a decent site, but now it's "coming soon"
under www.3ttt.com

| Trivia time.
|
| What do the 3 letters T stand for on 3TTT stems?
|
| And don't say Team Time Trial.

It stands for the 3 brothers who started the company, and who all were injured in a grudge bike race
when they all wanted the same girlfriend:

Tony, Tazio & Timo

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Bob Schwartz wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Trivia time. What do the 3 letters T stand for on 3TTT stems?
> Tecno Tubo Turino

Close. I suspect it is 'Tecno Tubi Torino'.

Sergio Pisa

"Sergio SERVADIO" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Bob Schwartz wrote:
> > [email protected] wrote:
> > > Trivia time. What do the 3 letters T stand for on 3TTT stems?
> > Tecno Tubo Turino
>
> Close. I suspect it is 'Tecno Tubi Torino'.
>
> Sergio Pisa

The erstwhile eponymous web site listed the name as "Tecno Tubo Torino".

More trivia: Which is worse: spending more time asking a question than it would take to answer it,
or spending more time answering it incorrectly than it would take to look up the correct answer.

Cheers, Kirby.

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Kirby Krieger wrote:
> More trivia: Which is worse: spending more time asking a question than it would take to answer it,
> or spending more time answering it incorrectly than it would take to look up the correct answer.

It all depends on whether one has easy access to GOOGLE, to ALTAVISTA, or to a telephone directory.
I do not from here.

By the way, are you aware that someone had answered the question correctly before you, and
apparently even before me?

So, you might as well have save your own time, and trouble.

Sergio Pisa
From [email protected] Thu Dec 18 10:20:51 2003 Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:49:05 +0100 From: Ewoud
Dronkert <[email protected]> Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing Subject: Re: 3TTT stems question.

Kirby Krieger wrote:

> More trivia: Which is worse: spending more time asking a question than it would take to answer it,
> or spending more time answering it incorrectly than it would take to look up the correct answer.

Okay, tell me what the letters & numbers for Look's frames stand for. KG381i? It's not kilograms :).

"John Rees" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
news:[email protected]...
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> | Trivia time.
> |
> | What do the 3 letters T stand for on 3TTT stems?
> |
> | And don't say Team Time Trial.
>
> It stands for the 3 brothers who started the company, and who all were
injured in a grudge bike race when they all wanted the same
> girlfriend:
>
> Tony, Tazio & Timo

Probably incorrect, but I like this one the best :eek:)

HB

Kirby Krieger wrote:

> More trivia: Which is worse: spending more time asking a question than it would take to answer it,
> or spending more time answering it incorrectly than it would take to look up the correct answer.

ime, some people are just by nature "askers". and i think it's nice that other people try to help
them out with their questions. strange how attitude can make the same experience so different for
you and me.

hh

"Kirby Krieger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Sergio SERVADIO" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:pine.LNX.3.96.1031217210243.1990Q-
> [email protected]...
> > > Tecno Tubo Turino
> >
> > Close. I suspect it is 'Tecno Tubi Torino'.
> >
> > Sergio Pisa
> >

> The erstwhile eponymous web site listed the name as "Tecno Tubo Torino".
It means ie "technological tubing from Torino"

> More trivia: Which is worse: spending more time asking a question than it would take to answer it,
> or spending more time answering it incorrectly than it would take to look up the correct answer.
>
> Cheers, Kirby.

what's strange about iT? by nature i'm an answerer, also known as a pedanT. i like to teach, and i
don't mind answering questionS. what gets my goat is when the question takes longer to ask than it
would to just look up the answeR. perhaps a more important distinction is between those who are
conversationalists and those who are truth-seekerS.

kirbY

"h squared" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Kirby Krieger wrote:
> >

> > More trivia: Which is worse: spending more time asking a question than it would take to answer
> > it, or
spending
> > more time answering it incorrectly than it would take to look up the correct answer.
>
> ime, some people are just by nature "askers". and i think it's nice that other people try to help
> them out with their questions. strange how attitude can make the same experience so different for
> you and me.
>
> hh

Thanks All,
tubo=tube
tubi=tubes

I did try to find out via Google. Pointless. There are about 1 million hits for ttt and over 50,000
for 3ttt, mostly reviews, forsale, bike specs, etc. And the 3ttt.com / 3ttt.it site is pending. So I
though I'd ask here figuring there would be 1 or 2 experts.

And now a song.

We Three Stems of Italy are Bearing grips we traverse a far Field and Forest, Road and Mountain
Following younder star.
---
O' Stem of Beauty, Stem of Might, Stem with shiny chrome so bright Westward leading, Still
proceeding, Guide us to thy finish line.
---

the 3 wise stems: Cino Cinelli Techo Tubo Torino Italmanubri