4 rides

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Anthony Sloan, Feb 12, 2003.

  1. Just got back from a business trip out west. I drove from Austin to San Francisco and back. I
    temporarily hired two of my riding buddies to help out with the event and we hit the road.

    The first ride was South Mountain in Phoenix:
    http://www.anthonysloan.com/South_Mountain,_Feb_2003.html

    Then Montana de Oro: http://www.anthonysloan.com/San_Luis_Obispo,_Feb__2003.html

    Then Soquel Demo Forest outside of Santa Cruz:
    http://www.anthonysloan.com/Soquel_Demo_Forest,_Feb__2003.html

    And finally Sedona: http://www.anthonysloan.com/Sedona,_Feb_2003.html

    There is some great riding out there. These were four fundamentally different rides. I honestly
    couldn't say which one was the "best".

    My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.

    Tags:

  2. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:24:27 -0600, Anthony Sloan wrote:
    > Just got back from a business trip out west.

    Great pics! Its been awhile since I've done much business traveling, but I always enjoyed getting in
    a ride as part of the trip. Makes the whole trip worthwhile. A change of landscape in and of itself
    makes a world of difference.

  3. Cleanbean

    Cleanbean Guest

    "Anthony Sloan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just got back from a business trip out west. I drove from Austin to San Francisco and back. I
    > temporarily hired two of my riding buddies to help out with the event and we hit the road.

    Snip

    Nice Pics dude! Racing Rocky Hill this weekend? Our team said if its wet they will pass.

    Cleanbean

  4. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Anthony Sloan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just got back from a business trip out west. I drove from Austin to San Francisco and back. I
    > temporarily hired two of my riding buddies to help out with the event and we hit the road.
    >
    > The first ride was South Mountain in Phoenix:
    > http://www.anthonysloan.com/South_Mountain,_Feb_2003.html
    >
    > Then Montana de Oro: http://www.anthonysloan.com/San_Luis_Obispo,_Feb__2003.html
    >
    > Then Soquel Demo Forest outside of Santa Cruz:
    > http://www.anthonysloan.com/Soquel_Demo_Forest,_Feb__2003.html
    >
    > And finally Sedona: http://www.anthonysloan.com/Sedona,_Feb_2003.html
    >
    > There is some great riding out there. These were four fundamentally different rides. I honestly
    > couldn't say which one was the "best".

    Great stuff, Anthony.

    Sedona looks incredible (I've been there once but it was before I started riding). We're doing the
    "24 Hours of Tortuous Tucson" this weekend, but will be too wasted and pressed for time to add any
    excursions :(

    Bill "cold and wet forecast adding to the joy" S.

  5. Cleanbean wrote:

    >"Anthony Sloan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]sinfohiwy.net...
    >

    >>Just got back from a business trip out west. I drove from Austin to San Francisco and back. I
    >>temporarily hired two of my riding buddies to help out with the event and we hit the road.
    >>

    >Snip
    >
    >Nice Pics dude! Racing Rocky Hill this weekend? Our team said if its wet they will pass.
    >
    >Cleanbean

    I think it will be wet.

    I'll probably take the singlespeed out.

  6. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:24:27 -0600, Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Just got back from a business trip out west. I drove from Austin to San Francisco and back. I
    >temporarily hired two of my riding buddies to help out with the event and we hit the road.
    >
    >The first ride was South Mountain in Phoenix:
    >http://www.anthonysloan.com/South_Mountain,_Feb_2003.html
    >
    >Then Montana de Oro: http://www.anthonysloan.com/San_Luis_Obispo,_Feb__2003.html
    >
    >Then Soquel Demo Forest outside of Santa Cruz:
    >http://www.anthonysloan.com/Soquel_Demo_Forest,_Feb__2003.html
    >
    >And finally Sedona: http://www.anthonysloan.com/Sedona,_Feb_2003.html
    >
    >There is some great riding out there. These were four fundamentally different rides. I honestly
    >couldn't say which one was the "best".

    Nice, Bill

    :-]

  7. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "Anthony Sloan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just got back from a business trip out west. I drove from Austin to San Francisco and back. I
    > temporarily hired two of my riding buddies to help out with the event and we hit the road.
    >
    > The first ride was South Mountain in Phoenix:
    > http://www.anthonysloan.com/South_Mountain,_Feb_2003.html
    >
    > Then Montana de Oro: http://www.anthonysloan.com/San_Luis_Obispo,_Feb__2003.html
    >
    > Then Soquel Demo Forest outside of Santa Cruz:
    > http://www.anthonysloan.com/Soquel_Demo_Forest,_Feb__2003.html
    >
    > And finally Sedona: http://www.anthonysloan.com/Sedona,_Feb_2003.html
    >
    > There is some great riding out there. These were four fundamentally different rides. I honestly
    > couldn't say which one was the "best".

    Nice pics. Beautiful places. Looks like that table was no picnic! LOL! Good to see he was alright.

    Westie

  8. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just got back from a business trip out west. I drove from Austin to San Francisco and back. I
    > temporarily hired two of my riding buddies to help out with the event and we hit the road.
    >
    > The first ride was South Mountain in Phoenix:
    > http://www.anthonysloan.com/South_Mountain,_Feb_2003.html
    >
    > Then Montana de Oro: http://www.anthonysloan.com/San_Luis_Obispo,_Feb__2003.html
    >
    > Then Soquel Demo Forest outside of Santa Cruz:
    > http://www.anthonysloan.com/Soquel_Demo_Forest,_Feb__2003.html
    >
    > And finally Sedona: http://www.anthonysloan.com/Sedona,_Feb_2003.html
    >
    > There is some great riding out there. These were four fundamentally different rides. I honestly
    > couldn't say which one was the "best".

    Jaysus! Yer killin' me. /s needs to get the hell out of cyanide city

  9. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just got back from a business trip out west. I drove from Austin to San Francisco and back. I
    > temporarily hired two of my riding buddies to help out with the event and we hit the road.
    >
    > The first ride was South Mountain in Phoenix:
    > http://www.anthonysloan.com/South_Mountain,_Feb_2003.html
    >
    > Then Montana de Oro: http://www.anthonysloan.com/San_Luis_Obispo,_Feb__2003.html
    >
    > Then Soquel Demo Forest outside of Santa Cruz:
    > http://www.anthonysloan.com/Soquel_Demo_Forest,_Feb__2003.html
    >
    > And finally Sedona: http://www.anthonysloan.com/Sedona,_Feb_2003.html
    >
    > There is some great riding out there. These were four fundamentally different rides. I honestly
    > couldn't say which one was the "best".

    Ya know Anthony, wannabees and poseurs come and go, but you're the real deal.

    Paladin

  10. Paladin wrote:

    >Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >

    >>Just got back from a business trip out west. I drove from Austin to San Francisco and back. I
    >>temporarily hired two of my riding buddies to help out with the event and we hit the road.
    >>
    >>The first ride was South Mountain in Phoenix:
    >>http://www.anthonysloan.com/South_Mountain,_Feb_2003.html
    >>
    >>Then Montana de Oro: http://www.anthonysloan.com/San_Luis_Obispo,_Feb__2003.html
    >>
    >>Then Soquel Demo Forest outside of Santa Cruz:
    >>http://www.anthonysloan.com/Soquel_Demo_Forest,_Feb__2003.html
    >>
    >>And finally Sedona: http://www.anthonysloan.com/Sedona,_Feb_2003.html
    >>
    >>There is some great riding out there. These were four fundamentally different rides. I honestly
    >>couldn't say which one was the "best".

    >Ya know Anthony, wannabees and poseurs come and go, but you're the real deal.
    >
    >Paladin

    Thank you.

    I think that's one of the nicest compliment's I've ever been paid.

    I try to hold the torch high.

    http://www.slackersunion.org/gallery/incoming/media/MDOro 1.jpg (I'm the guy in blue. The one always
    up for a ride...) A

  11. BB wrote:

    >On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:24:27 -0600, Anthony Sloan wrote:
    >

    >>Just got back from a business trip out west.
    >>

    >Great pics! Its been awhile since I've done much business traveling, but I always enjoyed getting
    >in a ride as part of the trip. Makes the whole trip worthwhile. A change of landscape in and of
    >itself makes a world of difference.

    Though some may hoot with derision, even a jeep road can be cool if you've never seen it before.
    Travel is the best.

  12. Sorni wrote:

    >Great stuff, Anthony.
    >
    >Sedona looks incredible (I've been there once but it was before I started riding). We're doing the
    >"24 Hours of Tortuous Tucson" this weekend, but will be too wasted and pressed for time to add any
    >excursions :(
    >
    >Bill "cold and wet forecast adding to the joy" S.

    Thankee,

    Sedona was quite nice. Well worth hitting. Good luck in the race. I almost got together a SS team to
    do that one.

  13. It's raining, I'm gonna slap my front disk setup on the front of the XLM.

    Anthony Sloan wrote:

    > Cleanbean wrote:
    >
    >> "Anthony Sloan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>

    >>> Just got back from a business trip out west. I drove from Austin to San Francisco and back. I
    >>> temporarily hired two of my riding buddies to help out with the event and we hit the road.
    >>>

    >> Snip
    >>
    >> Nice Pics dude! Racing Rocky Hill this weekend? Our team said if its wet they will pass.
    >>
    >> Cleanbean
    >>

    > I think it will be wet.
    >
    > I'll probably take the singlespeed out.

  14. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Good times were had but stay off my picnic table.

    Fire up MTB 03

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Paladin wrote:
    >
    > >Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > >>Just got back from a business trip out west. I drove from Austin to San Francisco and back. I
    > >>temporarily hired two of my riding buddies to help out with the event and we hit the road.
    > >>
    > >>The first ride was South Mountain in Phoenix:
    > >>http://www.anthonysloan.com/South_Mountain,_Feb_2003.html
    > >>
    > >>Then Montana de Oro: http://www.anthonysloan.com/San_Luis_Obispo,_Feb__2003.html
    > >>
    > >>Then Soquel Demo Forest outside of Santa Cruz:
    > >>http://www.anthonysloan.com/Soquel_Demo_Forest,_Feb__2003.html
    > >>
    > >>And finally Sedona: http://www.anthonysloan.com/Sedona,_Feb_2003.html
    > >>
    > >>There is some great riding out there. These were four fundamentally different rides. I honestly
    > >>couldn't say which one was the "best".

    > >Ya know Anthony, wannabees and poseurs come and go, but you're the real
    deal.

    > >Paladin
    > >

    > Thank you.
    >
    > I think that's one of the nicest compliment's I've ever been paid.
    >
    > I try to hold the torch high.
    >
    > http://www.slackersunion.org/gallery/incoming/media/MDOro 1.jpg (I'm the guy in blue. The one
    > always up for a ride...) A

    http://www.slackersunion.org/gallery/incoming/media/MDOro%201.jpg

    Is that what you meant? - Couldn't get it from your link - missing part or summink. Trail looks like
    an excellent piece of s/t - hardly surprising yer always up for a ride eh?

    Shaun aRe - Where TF is the mud?!?!?!?!?