4 way Bike Rack Wanted

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Strex, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. Strex

    Strex Guest

    Anybody got one ideally in Sydney ... To fit towbar. How much you want for it?

    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Strex wrote:

    > Anybody got one ideally in Sydney ... To fit towbar. How much you want for it?

    Umm, do you mean to hold 4 bicycles?

    Just curious.

  3. Strex

    Strex Guest

    Yep 4 bikes on a bike rack that holds 4 bikes!
    "Terry Collins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Strex wrote:
    > >
    > > Anybody got one ideally in Sydney ... To fit towbar. How much you want
    for
    > > it?
    >
    > Umm, do you mean to hold 4 bicycles?
    >
    > Just curious.

  4. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    Strex wrote:
    > Yep 4 bikes on a bike rack that holds 4 bikes! "Terry Collins" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Strex wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anybody got one ideally in Sydney ... To fit towbar. How much you want
    >
    > for
    >
    >>>it?
    >>
    >>Umm, do you mean to hold 4 bicycles?
    >>
    >>Just curious.

    I have the standard 3-way bike rack that fits on the tow bar. I have seen ads (in local bike mags)
    for an adapter plate that bolts on top of it so you can carry four bikes. I don't recall anything
    else e.g. brand or product name.

    HTH,

    &roo

  5. Jhikers

    Jhikers New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2004
  6. Jhikers <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Strex wrote:
    > > Anybody got one ideally in Sydney ... To fit towbar. How much you want for it?
    > > [email protected]
    >

    > Checkout: http://www.freedommachine.com.au/shop_body.asp?Category=116
    >
    > I have found this to be the best, just a simple Allen Key Screw onto the towbar, and has 2, 3 or 4
    > bike versions.
    >
    > Also, these guys deliver all over Australia.

    Would it fit a bike with a thick top tube? I always had problems finding one that would take my
    Cannondale...

    Dale

    --
    [email protected]

  7. Jhikers

    Jhikers New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2004
    Yes, oversized tubing fits in really well. The rack comes with pads that usually do the trick, though thinner pads are available.

  8. mikeg

    mikeg New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2003