Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

$400 Tax Break & Other Ideas

Started by BretCahill · · Last activity · 2 posts · 618 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
27 April 2004
Last activity
27 April 2004
Original author
BretCahill
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
618
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Last fall when I inquired about the feasibility of pay by day auto insurance
    someone at a bike shop mentioned a $400 tax break for cycling to work. I
    wasn't sure if it was state or federal or even if it was yet to be enacted.
    Tax day got me thinking about it again. I contacted the local DOT bureaucrats
    who promote cycling here said they never heard of it.

    Anyone here hear of it?

    I praised them them on their bike lanes and then complained about the crinkled
    up asphalt. They said they didn't have money to resurface their streets.

    Later I got this idea: Build an asphalt resurfacing machine that was only 4'
    wide -- just enough to resurface the bike lanes but not the motor vehicles'.

    If they cannot afford to resurface the entire street at least take care of the
    cyclists.

    Bret Cahill

  2. [email hidden] (BretCahill) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Last fall when I inquired about the feasibility of pay by day auto insurance
    someone at a bike shop mentioned a $400
    tax break for cycling to work. I
    wasn't sure if it was state or federal or even
    if it was yet to be enacted.
    Tax day got me thinking about it again. I contacted
    the local DOT bureaucrats
    who promote cycling here said they never heard of it.

    Anyone here hear of it?

    How about asking the person who told you about it? Or asking your
    state tax authority or the IRS? Those are the relevant parties. Or
    your legislator if it's yet to be enacted.

    JT

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.