406 Stelvios

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Dave Larrington, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. BRITONS might like to know that the New! IMPROVED!! folding 406 Schwalbe Stelvios are available
    in this country, and that Bikefix's Darth Stuart, to name but one, will have some in stock a
    week today.

    The bad news is that they are twice the price of the old ones, thus going from "something of a
    bargain" to "get some cheap BMX knobblies and a Stanley knife instead". Bah!

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  2. "Dave Larrington" skrev...
    > BRITONS might like to know that the New! IMPROVED!! folding 406 Schwalbe Stelvios are available
    > in this country, and that Bikefix's Darth Stuart, to name but one, will have some in stock a
    > week today.

    Ooo are the Britons?

    Could you cough up an amount btw? :) Just GBP as most here should be able to convert it to desired
    currency. These are the armaduro Stelvios? Nonfolder available?

    Mikael

  3. Mikael Seierup wrote:

    > Ooo are the Britons?

    Well, we all are. We are all Britons, and I am your king (exit, pursued by the Python Police).

    > Could you cough up an amount btw? :) Just GBP as most here should be able to convert it to
    > desired currency.

    28 GBP :-(

    > These are the armaduro Stelvios? Nonfolder available?

    Yes and no respectively :-( At least, not according to Fisher's web site.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  4. "Dave Larrington" skrev...
    > > Could you cough up an amount btw? :) Just GBP as most here should be able to convert it to
    > > desired currency.
    >
    > 28 GBP :-(

    Sheez. Do they come with a complimentary prostitute or are we financing the debaucheries of the
    Schwalbe boardmembers?

    Typical. I just decided that I rather like mine. But I guess disliking them won't be all
    that hard now.

    Cheers Mikael

  5. Mikael Seierup wrote:

    > Sheez. Do they come with a complimentary prostitute or are we financing the debaucheries of the
    > Schwalbe boardmembers?

    Manufacturer's Descent Into The Abyss!" Seems that ALL the folding tyres are the same price,
    irrespective of size. Gits.

    > Typical. I just decided that I rather like mine. But I guess disliking them won't be all that
    > hard now.

    William. I shall probably invest in one for racing and perhaps one as a spare, and look for
    something cheaper for road use.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  6. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:10:19 -0000, "Dave Larrington"
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    <[email protected]>:

    >Seems that ALL the folding tyres are the same price, irrespective of size. Gits.

    To be fair that may merely reflect the cost of materials being insignificant as a proportion of
    total manufacturing costs.

    Guy
    ===
    http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

  7. Jim Verheul

    Jim Verheul Guest

    I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.

    "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > Mikael Seierup wrote:
    >
    > > Ooo are the Britons?
    >
    > Well, we all are. We are all Britons, and I am your king (exit, pursued by the Python Police).
    >
    > > Could you cough up an amount btw? :) Just GBP as most here should be able to convert it to
    > > desired currency.
    >
    > 28 GBP :-(
    >
    > > These are the armaduro Stelvios? Nonfolder available?
    >
    > Yes and no respectively :-( At least, not according to Fisher's web site.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
    > http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  8. On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:34:11 -0800, "Jim Verheul"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.

    I thought that had been definitively settled a long time ago. Take two coconut halves and see me in
    the morning...

    Curtis L. Russell Odenton, MD (USA) Just someone on two wheels...

  9. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    Run away!!!!