43 back on bike after 25 years, to loose weight HELP !!!!!!!

[SIZE= 10pt][COLOR= black]Congratz Kevin, [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt][COLOR= black]Consistency...don’t shoot for miles but let time be your guild. Give your body time to adapt to this "new" activity called exercise and within 6 to 8 weeks you will find yourself in the saddle for a longer amount of time and subsequently farther distances.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt][COLOR= black]For your diet question, you have to make sure you eat prior to your ride, now I do not mean right before you get on the bike, but at least 1-2 hrs. prior. Then have an gel or water carb mix in your water bottle. Your body will use the glycogen in your blood first then the reserve in the fat. When the body has not adapted to the pulling energy from the body’s reserve (fat) you hit the wall or (Bonk as it is often referred) relatively fast as there is not much reserves in the blood.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt][COLOR= black]Just make sure you ingest some calories while you ride, on average every 20 - 30 min during activity. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt][COLOR= black]Keep on peddling.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Keep peddling if you're a salesman...keep pedaling if you're cycling. ;)

If you or anyone is wanting to loose weight. More than likely you have weight to loose in the mid-drift. The stomach and lower back. The best way to concentrate on that is walking, jogging, or running. Biking will not concentrate on that. The core will somewhat engage in riding a bike, but I think if you are wanting to loose weight you need to concentrate on the area that needs the most help. Riding a bike will concentrate more on legs, hamstrings, and glutes. Walking hits every body part. You can add in riding a bike, but it won't really hack at the tummy like jogging. Jumping rope and the trampoline are also really great aerobic activity that hits the abs. I think when you get a certain level and your body is close to how you want it then hit the bike hard core. This will polish up the rest especially the legs. Alternating jogging and biking is a good end goal for regular work outs to maintain.