48 volt brushless motor hub with 27" rim

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Effi, Jun 19, 2003.

  1. Effi

    Effi Guest

    for a road bike

    anyone seen such a thing?

    Tags:

  2. Chalo

    Chalo Guest

    "effi" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > for a road bike
    >
    > anyone seen such a thing?

    You'll have to get a hubmotor and build it to your own rim, or have it built for you. Nobody is
    going to offer a prebuilt wheel in an obsolete size.

    This is the only 48V hubmotor I have heard of: http://www.electricbikessys.com/motor.htm

    But be aware, it's watts that count and not volts. Heinzmann offer a hub motor and controller that
    is said to be good for 1100 watts @36V. The Heinzmann unit is geared down internally whereas the one
    in the link I provided is direct drive.

    Chalo Colina

  3. On 19 Jun 2003 15:52:33 -0700, [email protected] (Chalo) wrote:

    >"effi" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> for a road bike
    >>
    >> anyone seen such a thing?
    >
    >You'll have to get a hubmotor and build it to your own rim, or have it built for you. Nobody is
    >going to offer a prebuilt wheel in an obsolete size.
    >
    >This is the only 48V hubmotor I have heard of: http://www.electricbikessys.com/motor.htm
    >
    >But be aware, it's watts that count and not volts. Heinzmann offer a hub motor and controller that
    >is said to be good for 1100 watts @36V. The Heinzmann unit is geared down internally whereas the
    >one in the link I provided is direct drive.

    Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct tape - Richard Preston,
    THE COBRA EVENT.

  4. Effi

    Effi Guest

    "Chalo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > You'll have to get a hubmotor and build it to your own rim, or have it built for you. Nobody is
    > going to offer a prebuilt wheel in an obsolete size. This is the only 48V hubmotor I have heard
    > of: http://www.electricbikessys.com/motor.htm But be aware, it's watts that count and not volts.
    > Heinzmann offer a hub motor and controller that is said to be good for 1100 watts @36V. The
    > Heinzmann unit is geared down internally whereas the one in the link I provided is direct drive.
    >
    > Chalo Colina

    know what the cost of that one is?

    try this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3613880403&category=22703

  5. Effi

    Effi Guest

    "John Bartley K7AAY (ex-KGH2126)" <6212hgk{invert}@newsguy.com> wrote in message
    > about it.
    >
    > --
    > Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct
    tape - Richard Preston, THE COBRA EVENT.

    that link doesn't work for me

    is it accurate?

    thanks

  6. Effi

    Effi Guest

  7. Effi

    Effi Guest

    "Chalo" <chump[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > You'll have to get a hubmotor and build it to your own rim, or have it built for you. Nobody is
    > going to offer a prebuilt wheel in an obsolete size.

    what one thing makes wheels for 27" tires an obsolete size?

    > This is the only 48V hubmotor I have heard of: http://www.electricbikessys.com/motor.htm
    >
    > But be aware, it's watts that count and not volts. Heinzmann offer a hub motor and controller that
    > is said to be good for 1100 watts @36V. The Heinzmann unit is geared down internally whereas the
    > one in the link I provided is direct drive.
    >
    > Chalo Colina

  8. D'oh!

    Thank you Jasper.