48 volt brushless motor hub with 27" rim

"effi" <[email protected]> wrote:

> for a road bike
>
> anyone seen such a thing?

You'll have to get a hubmotor and build it to your own rim, or have it built for you. Nobody is
going to offer a prebuilt wheel in an obsolete size.

This is the only 48V hubmotor I have heard of: http://www.electricbikessys.com/motor.htm

But be aware, it's watts that count and not volts. Heinzmann offer a hub motor and controller that
is said to be good for 1100 watts @36V. The Heinzmann unit is geared down internally whereas the one
in the link I provided is direct drive.

Chalo Colina

On 19 Jun 2003 15:52:33 -0700, [email protected] (Chalo) wrote:

>"effi" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> for a road bike
>>
>> anyone seen such a thing?
>
>You'll have to get a hubmotor and build it to your own rim, or have it built for you. Nobody is
>going to offer a prebuilt wheel in an obsolete size.
>
>This is the only 48V hubmotor I have heard of: http://www.electricbikessys.com/motor.htm
>
>But be aware, it's watts that count and not volts. Heinzmann offer a hub motor and controller that
>is said to be good for 1100 watts @36V. The Heinzmann unit is geared down internally whereas the
>one in the link I provided is direct drive.

Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct tape - Richard Preston,
THE COBRA EVENT.

"Chalo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You'll have to get a hubmotor and build it to your own rim, or have it built for you. Nobody is
> going to offer a prebuilt wheel in an obsolete size. This is the only 48V hubmotor I have heard
> of: http://www.electricbikessys.com/motor.htm But be aware, it's watts that count and not volts.
> Heinzmann offer a hub motor and controller that is said to be good for 1100 watts @36V. The
> Heinzmann unit is geared down internally whereas the one in the link I provided is direct drive.
>
> Chalo Colina

know what the cost of that one is?

try this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3613880403&category=22703

"John Bartley K7AAY (ex-KGH2126)" <6212hgk{invert}@newsguy.com> wrote in message
> about it.
>
> --
> Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct
tape - Richard Preston, THE COBRA EVENT.

that link doesn't work for me

is it accurate?

thanks

"Chalo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You'll have to get a hubmotor and build it to your own rim, or have it built for you. Nobody is
> going to offer a prebuilt wheel in an obsolete size.

what one thing makes wheels for 27" tires an obsolete size?

> This is the only 48V hubmotor I have heard of: http://www.electricbikessys.com/motor.htm
>
> But be aware, it's watts that count and not volts. Heinzmann offer a hub motor and controller that
> is said to be good for 1100 watts @36V. The Heinzmann unit is geared down internally whereas the
> one in the link I provided is direct drive.
>
> Chalo Colina

D'oh!

Thank you Jasper.