Road Cycling · Public discussion

4th Annual Mayors' Ride Needs Riders

Started by Cycle America · · Last activity · 1 post · 389 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
20 June 2005
Last activity
20 June 2005
Original author
Cycle America
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
389
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. With Robert Craddick's letter below in mind, we need a rider to fill
    the gap left vacant by Concetta. We thought we had someone ready to
    jump in and take her place but it seems that slipped through a crack.
    Which is why we are just now making this request. As well this whole
    debacle has been compounded by the fact that our mailing lists are down.
    And have been down since Concetta moved on. Unbeknownst to me. And as
    such I've been unable to reach out to our pool of NBG riders or let
    anyone on our huge lists know what we need .... 🙁

    While we have the Omaha Bike Club Prez (his web is noted below) doing
    the Des Moines to Omaha run for us this week, we need someone to get us
    to the 7/1 Boulder NBG Day. We also need a rider who might like to take
    on the challenge of the Rockies and get us to Steamboat Springs and from
    there to Salt Lake City and then to either Reno or Boise as per our
    schedule at http://www.bikeroute.com/NationalMayorsRide2005

    This can be one person or each leg or group of legs can be covered by
    one individual..

    While I am here, is there anyone who might like to ride the Pacific
    Coast from LA to SF with Joe Richey? We have also opened up a new leg
    this year, Oakland to San Jose. Any riders?

    If interested, see what we need from U and what U get from us at:
    http://NationalBicycleGreenway.com/Events/Mayors_Ride
    Before you apply at:
    http://NationalBicycleGreenway.com/Forms/newriders.php

    For questions, you can contact me at ** NBG AT bikeroute.com **

    Stephen Schnitker Des Moines to Omaha Rider:
    http://NationalBicycleGreenway.com/Events/Mayors_Ride/bios/Stephen_Schnit
    ker.php

    ========================================

    At 4:35 PM -0700 6/14/05, Robert Craddick <bikemanpdx AT yahoo.com>
    wrote:
    Martin!
    Sorry I was not in contact sooner.. just got an odd
    e-mail about the rider that quit along the way.
    Unfortunately I am working for someone out of our
    restaurant this weekend and won't be able to either
    meet with our Des Moines Mayor OR hit the road to
    Omaha...and the bridge you are talking about WILL BE a
    much needed improvement to enter the state
    there...frightening right now....

    Last year was a blast with Don Loomis, and a great ride.
    I was happy to participate and to get him unique
    lodgings in Hotel Pattee and at a B&B here as well as
    hit the downtown groundbreaking ceremony for the
    revitalized park area that includes bike amenities!!!
    Anyway perhaps one of our local club folks could get
    out there to meet the mayor and possibly hit the road
    to Omaha....

    Plkease forward any sites from last year's ride so
    they get the idea of what the trip entails in terms of
    riding and meeting the Mayors.... Believe me I wish I
    could do it this time around!!!!!!

    I would suggest contacting these individuals here in
    Des Moines:

    <snip>

    --
    54% of New York City households do not own cars

    M A R T I N K R I E G : "Awake Again" Author
    http://www.bikeroute.com/AwakeAgain
    Bent Since '83, Car Free Since '89, '79 & '86 TransAms        
    Coma, Paralysis, Clinical Death Survivor 
    Can You Change it with Love? 
    N A T I O N A L B I C Y C L E G R E E N W A Y

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.