Status
Not open for further replies.
"Toby Barrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I wonder if our friends in uk.tosspot will be getting worked up over this:
>
> http://politics.guardian.co.uk/green/story/0,9061,964205,00.html
>

At least one only has to be wary of 4x4's in that neck of the woods when out walking or cycling, as
these are the only vehicles that cause cyclists a problem. Thankfully there is no chance of the
Lib-Dems getting into power any time soon, so they can spout as much lunatic drivel as they feel fit
without worrying too much about the consequences.

Simon Land Rover Defender 110 Airborne Zeppelin Cannondale Jekyll etc etc

"Toby Barrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I wonder if our friends in uk.tosspot will be getting worked up over this:
>
> http://politics.guardian.co.uk/green/story/0,9061,964205,00.html
>
> Difficult to see how a ban could be made to work, however.
>

Yep he's just looking for votes. I express my disapproval by never showing any courtesy (when
driving) to 4x4's, e.g. never let them out of a junction etc, and also by pointing out that
people only drive them because they were bullied at school, probably not true but it does seem to
annoy them ;o)

"Frank°" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> "Toby Barrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I wonder if our friends in uk.tosspot will be getting worked up over
this:
> >
> > http://politics.guardian.co.uk/green/story/0,9061,964205,00.html
> >
> > Difficult to see how a ban could be made to work, however.
> >
>
> Yep he's just looking for votes. I express my disapproval by never showing any courtesy (when
> driving) to 4x4's, e.g. never let them out of a
junction
> etc, and also by pointing out that people only drive them because they
were
> bullied at school, probably not true but it does seem to annoy them ;o)
>
>
I'm sure that's most effective and leaves them totally gutted, Frank. In fact I'm sure they must
rush home, sell the 4x4s and purchase....I dunno, what would you prefer they drive, Frank ? ;o)

Simon Galgut wrote:
>
> Simon Land Rover Defender 110 Airborne Zeppelin Cannondale Jekyll etc etc

Sounds like a load of dodgy products from the back of razzle.

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Yep he's just looking for votes. I express my disapproval by never
showing
> > any courtesy (when driving) to 4x4's, e.g. never let them out of a
> junction
> > etc, and also by pointing out that people only drive them because they
> were
> > bullied at school, probably not true but it does seem to annoy them ;o)
> >
> >
> I'm sure that's most effective and leaves them totally gutted, Frank. In fact I'm sure they must
> rush home, sell the 4x4s and purchase....I dunno, what would you prefer they drive, Frank ? ;o)
>

Well if people are willing to waste tens of thousands of pounds on the imagined empowerment promised
by advertisers its fair to assume they may be put off just as easily.

Perhaps you could explain why someone pays so much money to buy a totally inappropriate vehicle
for town driving, why they above other car drivers seem to be selfishly will to endanger other
road users.

Personally I'd prefer they just tattooed **** across their foreheads and walked instead. ;o)

Originally posted by Frank°
"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Yep he's just looking for votes. I express my disapproval by never
showing
> > any courtesy (when driving) to 4x4's, e.g. never let them out of a
> junction
> > etc, and also by pointing out that people only drive them because they
> were
> > bullied at school, probably not true but it does seem to annoy them ;o)
> >
> >
> I'm sure that's most effective and leaves them totally gutted, Frank. In fact I'm sure they must

Frank,
Get a life ---- or at least a half life - if you don't lighten up you'll glow in the dark (ages) for ever..

> rush home, sell the 4x4s and purchase....I dunno, what would you prefer they drive, Frank ? ;o)
>

Well if people are willing to waste tens of thousands of pounds on the imagined empowerment promised
by advertisers its fair to assume they may be put off just as easily.

Perhaps you could explain why someone pays so much money to buy a totally inappropriate vehicle
for town driving, why they above other car drivers seem to be selfishly will to endanger other
road users.

Personally I'd prefer they just tattooed **** across their foreheads and walked instead. ;o)

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

A Heinkel 3 wheeler.

--
Dave...

In news:[email protected], Frank° <[email protected]> typed:
>
> Personally I'd prefer they just tattooed **** across their foreheads and walked instead. ;o)

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind next time I'm walking past a tattoo parlour.

Tony

http://www.raven-family.com

"All truth goes through three steps: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
Finally, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer

In article <[email protected]>, Dave Kahn wrote:
> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>> I'm sure that's most effective and leaves them totally gutted, Frank. In fact I'm sure they must
>> rush home, sell the 4x4s and purchase....I dunno, what would you prefer they drive, Frank ? ;o)
>
> A Heinkel 3 wheeler.

Look more like Fokkers to me...... Sorry, I get my coat.

--
John Murf

>
> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > Yep he's just looking for votes. I express my disapproval by never
> showing
> > > any courtesy (when driving) to 4x4's, e.g. never let them out of a
> > junction
> > > etc, and also by pointing out that people only drive them because they
> > were
> > > bullied at school, probably not true but it does seem to annoy them
;o)
> > >
> > >
> > I'm sure that's most effective and leaves them totally gutted, Frank. In fact I'm sure they must
> > rush home, sell the 4x4s and purchase....I
dunno,
> > what would you prefer they drive, Frank ? ;o)
> >
>
> Well if people are willing to waste tens of thousands of pounds on the imagined empowerment
> promised by advertisers its fair to assume they may
be
> put off just as easily.
>
> Perhaps you could explain why someone pays so much money to buy a totally inappropriate vehicle
> for town driving, why they above other car drivers seem to be selfishly will to endanger other
> road users.
>
> Personally I'd prefer they just tattooed **** across their foreheads and walked instead. ;o)
>
>
I think you'll find that's a certain sort of person Frank, rather than the sort of person that
drives a certain kind of motor, Frank. It is a certain sort of person who has no regard for other
road users, Frank, like failing to show the courtesy of occassionally letting other road users take
presedence <s?> when they don't necessarily have ROW, Frank, f'rinstance. I think you'll find that
there are lots of inappropriate tens of thousands of pounds worth of cars out there, not just 4x4's
and as for inappropriate vehicles, I seriously would not want a bog standard car 'round these 'ere
parts, Frank. The lack of investment in road surfaces for the last 30 years has led to very uneven
surfaces indeed. As a cyclist it p*sses me off somewhat. As a car owner, even more so...possibly,
Frank Cheers, Dave.

ps, not quite sure what this means :- ''seem to be selfishly will to endanger other road
users.''....?

[email protected] (Dave Kahn) wrote:
> A Heinkel 3 wheeler.

One of my colleagues drives a Messerschmidt KR200 (but only on the days when he thinks the weather
isn't up to his ten to fifteen mile cycle commute). If they were still to be had at a reasonable
price, I think I might be tempted.

On Wed, 28 May 2003 12:51:33 +0100, "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>"John Murf" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Look more like Fokkers to me...... Sorry, I get my coat.
>
>No -- the Fokkers are the ones with bull bars.
>

On the subject of 4x4s and bulls, I was talking to a farmer a couple of weekends ago when I was
staying in wildest Gloucestershire. He seemed to be quite happy with his Land Rover for "proper
off-road driving" and his Subaru 4x4 (and no, it wasn't an Impreza) for "normal roads" and for
"driving through my muddy yard".

Sensible chaps, farmers.

James

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Dscf0632.jpg

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I think you'll find that's a certain sort of person Frank, rather than the sort of person that
> drives a certain kind of motor, Frank. It is a certain sort of person who has no regard for other
> road users, Frank, like failing to show the courtesy of occassionally letting other road users
> take presedence <s?> when they don't necessarily have ROW, Frank, f'rinstance.

What like someone whose driving is so bad he gets banned. That is why you said you started riding a
bike isn't it?

> I think you'll find that there are lots of inappropriate tens of thousands of pounds worth of
> cars out there, not just 4x4's and as for inappropriate vehicles, I seriously would not want a
> bog standard car 'round these 'ere parts, Frank. The lack of investment in road surfaces for
> the last 30
years
> has led to very uneven surfaces indeed. As a cyclist it p*sses me off somewhat. As a car owner,
> even more so...possibly, Frank

Road surfaces, what you mean road humps slowing you down?

>
> ps, not quite sure what this means :- ''seem to be selfishly will to endanger other road
> users.''....?
>

It means I can't write to well when I'm drunk ;o) should be ''seem to be selfishly willing to
endanger other road users.''.

Now who does that sound like?

>
> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > I think you'll find that's a certain sort of person Frank, rather than
the
> > sort of person that drives a certain kind of motor, Frank. It is a
certain
> > sort of person who has no regard for other road users, Frank, like
failing
> > to show the courtesy of occassionally letting other road users take presedence <s?> when they
> > don't necessarily have ROW, Frank,
f'rinstance.
>
> What like someone whose driving is so bad he gets banned. That is why you said you started riding
> a bike isn't it?
>
23 years driving, never even been near an accident, Frank. Don't sound too bad ;-)..... 3 instances
of speeding in the wrong place at the wrong time. I now appreciate the error of my ways and never
speed, boy am I popular!!. Life's a learning process, Frank, remember, the man who never makes
mistakes, never does anything, Frank

> > I think you'll find that there are lots of inappropriate tens of
thousands
> > of pounds worth of cars out there, not just 4x4's and as for
inappropriate
> > vehicles, I seriously would not want a bog standard car 'round these
'ere
> > parts, Frank. The lack of investment in road surfaces for the last 30
> years
> > has led to very uneven surfaces indeed. As a cyclist it p*sses me off somewhat. As a car owner,
> > even more so...possibly, Frank
>
> Road surfaces, what you mean road humps slowing you down?
>
Nope, I mean potholes the size of small village duckponds. Never had a problem with traffic calming
measures, apart from when on me bike and I'm squeezed into an area I'd rather not be sharing with
inconsiderate road users, Frank...;-)

> >
> > ps, not quite sure what this means :- ''seem to be selfishly will to endanger other road
> > users.''....?
> >
>
> It means I can't write to well when I'm drunk ;o) should be ''seem to be selfishly willing to
> endanger other road users.''.
>
> Now who does that sound like?
>
>
It's always *other* inconsiderate road users, eh, Frank ? ;-)

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> of pounds worth of cars out there, not just 4x4's and as for inappropriate vehicles, I seriously
> would not want a bog standard car 'round these 'ere parts, Frank. The lack of investment in road
> surfaces for the last 30
years
> has led to very uneven surfaces indeed.

As J****y C***son described my car as only being fit for African taxi drivers, then I'll take it
that the bog standard car is OK on any road in the UK (although perhaps not the ROI!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.