5 km

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Ben Smith, May 25, 2004.

  1. Ben Smith

    Ben Smith Guest

    Hello,

    Is 5km far to walk?. Im not very good with kilometers so
    what is 5 km in miles please?.

    Regards,

    Ben Smith.

    Tags:

  2. Beverly

    Beverly Guest

  3. John Dunlop

    John Dunlop Guest

    Ben Smith wrote:

    > Is 5km far to walk?.

    For who?

    > Im not very good with kilometers so what is 5 km in miles
    > please?.

    Beverly's already directed you to an online conversion tool,
    but I find Google's calculator handier. Enter "5 kilometres
    in miles", without the quotes, either BrE or AmE, and Google
    will return the result of the calculation. 5 km is 3.1 mi,
    rounded to two digits.

    http://www.google.com/help/calculator.html

    --
    Jock

  4. 5km is 3.1 miles. This is a common distance for a charity
    walk. It's a nice distance as most folks can walk it in 30-
    90 minutes.

    Enjoy!

    Erin-Joi

    If you think that something small cannot make a difference---
    try sleeping with a mosquito in the room.

    If I told you that I was walking 30 or 39 miles in 2 days to
    help women with undetected breast cancer find out early
    enough to survive, would you support me?
    http://www.erinjoi.com "Ben Smith"
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello,
    >
    > Is 5km far to walk?. Im not very good with kilometers so
    > what is 5 km in miles please?.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Ben Smith.

  5. Doug Fox

    Doug Fox Guest

    Ben;

    Is 5Km far to walk? It depends on the person's fitness level
    and his/her goal. As a rule, start slowly, e.g., 15 minutes
    / mile or even 20 minutes / mile, and over time, gradually,
    down to 10 minutes / mile.

    Regards,