5 Spot and Juicys arrived today!!!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by G.T., Feb 2, 2004.

  1. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to do my taxes asap so I can
    pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.

    I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray into disc brakes.

    Greg

  2. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    G.T. wrote:
    > I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to do my taxes asap so I can
    > pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
    >
    > I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray into disc brakes.
    >
    > Greg

    A Turner 5-spot? You lucky dog.

    -Bruce

  3. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:42:51 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to do my taxes asap so I can
    >pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
    >
    >I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray into disc brakes.
    >
    >Greg

    Good luck, remember that the leading and trailing spokes should be reversed for a disc front wheel
    as apposed to a non-disc front wheel.

    But I'm sure you know that.....or maybe not....or maybe you knew and then forgot....perhaps you know
    but don't care.....maybe you care but don't know what I'm talking about....

    Do you know what I'm saying? Bill ...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed
    to bring them all and on the trails pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

  4. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    "G.T." <[email protected]> had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to do my taxes asap so I can
    > pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
    >
    > I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray into disc brakes.
    >
    > Greg

    Good Deal!! Looking forward to seeing some build pics, that is if you take the time to take pics...

    Dave (no pics, you're slowing me down man!)

  5. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    G.T. wrote:
    > I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to do my taxes asap so I can
    > pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
    >
    > I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray into disc brakes.
    >
    > Greg

    <smack> Your exuberant outburst is meaningless without pictures!

    Just did my taxes Friday night... damn, it's going to be a long 10 days
    http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/[email protected] till that $$$ drops into my account.
    --
    Slacker

  6. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Bill Wheeler wrote:
    > On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:42:51 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to do my taxes asap so I can
    >>pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
    >>
    >>I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray into disc brakes.
    >>
    >>Greg
    >

    > Good luck, remember that the leading and trailing spokes should be reversed for a disc front wheel
    > as apposed to a non-disc front wheel.

    I actually didn't know it until I was looking through the Shimano manual that came with my hubs. I
    posted to r.b.t. but only one guy replied with the reasoning for this. And I'm still not clear on
    the reasoning.

    Greg

  7. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to do my taxes asap so I can
    > pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
    >
    > I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray into disc brakes.

    Coolness. My new frame was just ordered today.

    JD

  8. Mojo Deluxe

    Mojo Deluxe Guest

    > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to
    do
    > > my taxes asap so I can pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
    > >
    > > I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray
    into
    > > disc brakes.
    >
    > Coolness. My new frame was just ordered today.

    What did ya order?

  9. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Slacker wrote:
    > G.T. wrote:
    >
    >>I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to do my taxes asap so I can
    >>pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
    >>
    >>I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray into disc brakes.
    >>
    >>Greg
    >

    > <smack> Your exuberant outburst is meaningless without pictures!

    Here's me eyeing my new ride woefully in disarray:

    http://www.2fortheroad.net/eye.jpg

    And here's how it's coming along so far:

    http://www.2fortheroad.net/turner.jpg (crappy photo, I'm still trying to figure out this photography
    stuff, indoor photography in particular).

    And here's one I found today of long lost Travis:

    http://www.bitchycat.com/porn/monkey.jpg

    Greg

    -----------------

    > I actually didn't know it until I was looking through the Shimano manual that came with my hubs. I
    > posted to r.b.t. but only one guy replied with the reasoning for this. And I'm still not clear on
    > the reasoning.
    >
    > Greg

    http://www.tech-mavic.com/uk/produits/vtt/j_xcountry.htm

    see "conditions of use of a disk brake rim"

    --
    DTW .../\.../\.../\...

    I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
    The rest I've just wasted.

  11. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

  12. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    "D T W .../\..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Bill Wheeler wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Good luck, remember that the leading and trailing spokes should be reversed for a disc front
    > > > wheel as apposed to a non-disc front wheel.
    > -----------------
    >
    > > I actually didn't know it until I was looking through the Shimano manual that came with my hubs.
    > > I posted to r.b.t. but only one guy replied
    with
    > > the reasoning for this. And I'm still not clear on the reasoning.
    > >
    > > Greg
    >

    > http://www.tech-mavic.com/uk/produits/vtt/j_xcountry.htm
    >

    > see "conditions of use of a disk brake rim"

    Thanks! Shimano says to make the non-disc side the opposite for the front spokes but if I read the
    above correctly the only important thing is to put the braking spokes on the disc side on the
    outside of the flange, eh?

    Greg

  13. Jd

    Jd Guest

  14. S O R N I

    S O R N I Guest

    G.T. wrote:

    > Here's me eyeing my new ride woefully in disarray:
    >
    > http://www.2fortheroad.net/eye.jpg

    Got tweezers?

    Bill "JD already took care of Del Taco smack" S.

  15. Mojo Deluxe

    Mojo Deluxe Guest

    let's try this again.....

    > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to
    do
    > > my taxes asap so I can pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
    > >
    > > I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray
    into
    > > disc brakes.
    >
    > Coolness. My new frame was just ordered today.

    Kewlness!! What kind did you order, Mr. JD?!

  16. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    > I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to
    do
    > my taxes asap so I can pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.

    Hmmmm, did you happen to acquire one of the stolen 5 Spot's???????:

    http://www.pinkbike.com/

    :)

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  17. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Carla A-G wrote:
    > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to
    >
    > do
    >
    >>my taxes asap so I can pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
    >

    > Hmmmm, did you happen to acquire one of the stolen 5 Spot's???????:
    >
    > http://www.pinkbike.com/
    >
    > :)

    The frame didn't come with any extra parts nor did it look like it was already built up. I think I'm
    safe. Next time I visit my tweaker friends in Temecula I'll have to do a little poking around.

    Greg

  18. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Mojo Deluxe wrote:
    > let's try this again.....

    I believe he's getting a custom jobber from here:

    http://www.ventanausa.com/frameone.shtml

    The La Bruja was a close second for me.

    >>"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>>I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to
    >
    > do
    >
    >>>my taxes asap so I can pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
    >>>
    >>>I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray
    >
    > into
    >
    >>>disc brakes.
    >>
    >>Coolness. My new frame was just ordered today.
    >>

    > Kewlness!! What kind did you order, Mr. JD?!

  19. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    JD wrote:
    > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>http://www.2fortheroad.net/turner.jpg (crappy photo, I'm still trying to figure out this
    >>photography stuff, indoor photography in particular).
    >

    > Del Taco? That's poison.

    I know, but it was late, and because of the supermarket strike there's not much in the house to
    eat, and Del Taco is walking distance. A bean and cheese burrito ain't too poisonous. Coke on the
    other hand...

    Greg

  20. Mojo Deluxe

    Mojo Deluxe Guest