5 Spot and Juicys arrived today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
supabonbon wrote:

> [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>[email protected] (supabonbon) wrote in message
>> news:<[email protected]>...
>>
>>>"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<HjVTb.21250
>>>
>>>>I believe he's getting a custom jobber from here:
>>>>
>>>>http://www.ventanausa.com/frameone.shtml
>>>
>>>Reeeeally? Isn't that essentially an Ellsworth, subject of much smack-talk?
>>
>>Your ignorance is showing, Scott.
>>
>>JD
>
>
> You're probably right. Yet I'm going to chalk it up to misinformation from someone I would have
> considered a reliable source -- a dude with an Ellsworth tattoo on his calf. It's quite possible
> that him saying that the two bikes are "the same thing" was overly broad, and I just assumed that
> they share the same production facility and/or designers. Or maybe GT suckered me and my ignorance
> is that this time you're really getting a Sugar. /s

I've met that guy, he may have a bit of a vested interest in Ellsworth since he got his ride for
free (a Dare I recall) because of the tatoo. I think he was a Nite Rider rep. Anyway, the 4 bar
linkage frames are similar in design, but I don't know about the build. OTOH, I have a '98 Truth and
it is still going strong. I'm not much of a rider and hardly ever get out, but I have not
complaints.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

[email protected] (supabonbon) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<HjVTb.21250
> > > > I believe he's getting a custom jobber from here:
> > > >
> > > > http://www.ventanausa.com/frameone.shtml
> > >
> > > Reeeeally? Isn't that essentially an Ellsworth, subject of much smack-talk?
> >
> > Your ignorance is showing, Scott.
> >
> > JD
>
> You're probably right. Yet I'm going to chalk it up to misinformation from someone I would have
> considered a reliable source -- a dude with an Ellsworth tattoo on his calf. It's quite possible
> that him saying that the two bikes are "the same thing" was overly broad, and I just assumed that
> they share the same production facility and/or designers.

I'm not going to 'splain the whole deal, but the bottom line is that Ventana designs and
manufactures ALL of their bicycles in-house. Ellsworth is almost akin to santa crud in that they are
just a marketing and design company, not a botique bike builder.

> Or maybe GT suckered me and my ignorance is that this time you're really getting a Sugar.

Now THAT was funny.

JD

Status
Not open for further replies.