5 Spot and Juicys arrived today!!!

G.T.

Guest
I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to do my taxes asap so I can
pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.

I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray into disc brakes.

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to do my taxes asap so I can
> pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
>
> I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray into disc brakes.
>
> Greg

A Turner 5-spot? You lucky dog.

-Bruce

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:42:51 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to do my taxes asap so I can
>pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
>
>I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray into disc brakes.
>
>Greg

Good luck, remember that the leading and trailing spokes should be reversed for a disc front wheel
as apposed to a non-disc front wheel.

But I'm sure you know that.....or maybe not....or maybe you knew and then forgot....perhaps you know
but don't care.....maybe you care but don't know what I'm talking about....

Do you know what I'm saying? Bill ...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed
to bring them all and on the trails pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

"G.T." <[email protected]> had this to say
news:[email protected]

> I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to do my taxes asap so I can
> pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
>
> I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray into disc brakes.
>
> Greg

Good Deal!! Looking forward to seeing some build pics, that is if you take the time to take pics...

Dave (no pics, you're slowing me down man!)

G.T. wrote:
> I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to do my taxes asap so I can
> pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
>
> I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray into disc brakes.
>
> Greg

<smack> Your exuberant outburst is meaningless without pictures!

Just did my taxes Friday night... damn, it's going to be a long 10 days
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/[email protected] till that $$$ drops into my account.
--
Slacker

Bill Wheeler wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:42:51 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to do my taxes asap so I can
>>pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
>>
>>I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray into disc brakes.
>>
>>Greg
>

> Good luck, remember that the leading and trailing spokes should be reversed for a disc front wheel
> as apposed to a non-disc front wheel.

I actually didn't know it until I was looking through the Shimano manual that came with my hubs. I
posted to r.b.t. but only one guy replied with the reasoning for this. And I'm still not clear on
the reasoning.

Greg

"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to do my taxes asap so I can
> pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
>
> I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray into disc brakes.

Coolness. My new frame was just ordered today.

JD

> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to
do
> > my taxes asap so I can pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
> >
> > I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray
into
> > disc brakes.
>
> Coolness. My new frame was just ordered today.

What did ya order?

Slacker wrote:
> G.T. wrote:
>
>>I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to do my taxes asap so I can
>>pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
>>
>>I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray into disc brakes.
>>
>>Greg
>

> <smack> Your exuberant outburst is meaningless without pictures!

Here's me eyeing my new ride woefully in disarray:

http://www.2fortheroad.net/eye.jpg

And here's how it's coming along so far:

http://www.2fortheroad.net/turner.jpg (crappy photo, I'm still trying to figure out this photography
stuff, indoor photography in particular).

And here's one I found today of long lost Travis:

http://www.*****ycat.com/****/monkey.jpg

Greg

-----------------

> I actually didn't know it until I was looking through the Shimano manual that came with my hubs. I
> posted to r.b.t. but only one guy replied with the reasoning for this. And I'm still not clear on
> the reasoning.
>
> Greg

http://www.tech-mavic.com/uk/produits/vtt/j_xcountry.htm

see "conditions of use of a disk brake rim"

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest I've just wasted.

"D T W .../\..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bill Wheeler wrote:
> > >
> > > Good luck, remember that the leading and trailing spokes should be reversed for a disc front
> > > wheel as apposed to a non-disc front wheel.
> -----------------
>
> > I actually didn't know it until I was looking through the Shimano manual that came with my hubs.
> > I posted to r.b.t. but only one guy replied
with
> > the reasoning for this. And I'm still not clear on the reasoning.
> >
> > Greg
>

> http://www.tech-mavic.com/uk/produits/vtt/j_xcountry.htm
>

> see "conditions of use of a disk brake rim"

Thanks! Shimano says to make the non-disc side the opposite for the front spokes but if I read the
above correctly the only important thing is to put the braking spokes on the disc side on the
outside of the flange, eh?

Greg

let's try this again.....

> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to
do
> > my taxes asap so I can pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
> >
> > I may be asking some stupid disc questions as this is my first foray
into
> > disc brakes.
>
> Coolness. My new frame was just ordered today.

Kewlness!! What kind did you order, Mr. JD?!

Carla A-G wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>I'm going to try to get it built by the weekend, unfortunately I have to
>
> do
>
>>my taxes asap so I can pay for it. And I need to build the wheels, too.
>

> Hmmmm, did you happen to acquire one of the stolen 5 Spot's???????:
>
> http://www.pinkbike.com/
>
> :)

The frame didn't come with any extra parts nor did it look like it was already built up. I think I'm
safe. Next time I visit my tweaker friends in Temecula I'll have to do a little poking around.

Greg

Mojo Deluxe wrote:
> let's try this again.....

I believe he's getting a custom jobber from here:

http://www.ventanausa.com/frameone.shtml

The La Bruja was a close second for me.

JD wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>http://www.2fortheroad.net/turner.jpg (crappy photo, I'm still trying to figure out this
>>photography stuff, indoor photography in particular).
>

> Del Taco? That's poison.

I know, but it was late, and because of the supermarket strike there's not much in the house to
eat, and Del Taco is walking distance. A bean and cheese burrito ain't too poisonous. Coke on the
other hand...

Greg