50.8 MPH today!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Pat, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Pat

    Pat Guest

    x-no-archive:yes

    Yes, I managed to get in an aero position on the drops and racked up 50.8 mph downhill (naturally)
    on the road today. So what, you might say---this was in north Texas! Yee Haw! It CAN be done here.
    The ironic thing is, the hill has a name: Nice Hill.

    Pat in TX

    Tags:

  2. Hunrobe

    Hunrobe Guest

    wrote in part:

    >Yes, I managed to get in an aero position on the drops and racked up 50.8 mph downhill (naturally)
    >on the road today.

    Congratulations! Fun, ain't it? :)

    Regards, Bob Hunt

  3. Mike Euritt

    Mike Euritt Guest

    On 07 Aug 2003 20:58:56 GMT, [email protected] (Hunrobe) wrote:

    >>"Pat" [email protected]
    >
    >wrote in part:
    >
    >>Yes, I managed to get in an aero position on the drops and racked up 50.8 mph downhill (naturally)
    >>on the road today.
    >
    >Congratulations! Fun, ain't it? :)

    According to my new wireless computer, I topped 335.5 yesterday...can't figure out what's so
    exciting about 50 :)

  4. Pat

    Pat Guest

    x-no-archive:yes

    > >>Yes, I managed to get in an aero position on the drops and racked up
    50.8
    > >>mph downhill (naturally) on the road today.
    > >
    > >Congratulations! Fun, ain't it? :)

    > According to my new wireless computer, I topped 335.5 yesterday...can't
    figure
    > out what's so exciting about 50 :)

    For one thing, your eyes are closer to the ground and every little obstruction on the road seems
    like a boulder just waiting to throw you into the next county.

    Pat

  5. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:20:45 -0500, Pat <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Yes, I managed to get in an aero position on the drops and racked up 50.8 mph downhill (naturally)
    > on the road today. So what, you might say--- this was in north Texas! Yee Haw! It CAN be done
    > here. The ironic thing is, the hill has a name: Nice Hill.

    What gearing did you use? 52 x 13 + 170mm crank + 700c x 23?

    --
    Rick Onanian