$50 'Mountain' Bike at Subway?

Wayno said:
$50 bike....goddam bargain. This is going to be my first fixie project.

www.subwaypromos.com.au
From the URL: "There are 315,000 promotional ‘Repco Bikes’ available, if for any reason the promotional bike stock runs out orders will be substituted with a generic Repco Bike of equal RRP value." :eek:

Its $50....hear that $50 (+10 postage)

Being steel I can crash it and bend it back to shape and as for a substitute Repco.......I'm not buying for the brand name. Its going to be a project, I can't wait.

Wayno said:
Its $50....hear that $50 (+10 postage)
It would cost me most of that to take it to the tip. Why don't you try to get your hands on an old 531 road or track frame?

Wayno said:
$50 bike....goddam bargain. This is going to be my first fixie project.
G'day

You really need to read the fine print. It takes four unique codes plus the $60 to get the bike. You could end up buying a lot of Subway meals to get that "bargin."

Regards
Andrew

Aushiker said:
G'day

You really need to read the fine print. It takes four unique codes plus the $60 to get the bike. You could end up buying a lot of Subway meals to get that "bargin."

Regards
Andrew
"Purchase any 4 x Adult or Kids SUBWAY FRESH FIT™ meal between 22.10.07 and 2.12.07 and for each meal deal purchased you will receive a unique code."

I read that as saying that you get one unique code per meal to me. IOW, you only need to buy four meals to be eligible.

I've gone off the Subway bike and am now looking for my first carbon road bike.

rkelsen said:
"Purchase any 4 x Adult or Kids SUBWAY FRESH FIT™ meal between 22.10.07 and 2.12.07 and for each meal deal purchased you will receive a unique code."

I read that as saying that you get one unique code per meal to me. IOW, you only need to buy four meals to be eligible.
Sounds like you are right ... my bad.

Apologies.
Andrew

Does it come in a 6" or 12" bun version and do you get a choice of white, wholemeal or Italian?

I have a friend who collected only 3 tokens but the offer has closed.
If you have a spare token, she will put it to good use.
The bike will go to a friend who has changed work location and now has the possibility to ride to work for the first time. Worth encouraging.
You can email me at [email protected]