50mm fork head diameter

nathanb74

Aug 30, 2006
I'm looking at replacing my forks and need a set with a 50mm fork head diameter as my from uses a 44mm internal headset. I know Columbus do the Tusk mega carve which would work but Chicken & Sons don't have any in stock and won't have till about the end of March. I know the Reynolds Ouzo does also but didn't want to spend that much for forks on a training bike.

Any suggestions???

nathanb74 said:
I'm looking at replacing my forks and need a set with a 50mm fork head diameter as my from uses a 44mm internal headset. I know Columbus do the Tusk mega carve which would work but Chicken & Sons don't have any in stock and won't have till about the end of March. I know the Reynolds Ouzo does also but didn't want to spend that much for forks on a training bike.

Any suggestions???
THAT'S A 2 INCH FORK

Seriously, downhill bikes only use up to 1.5", AFAIK. Road bikes I have seen have gone to 1 1/4", but not 2. I think you'd be pretty safe getting a 1 1/8" designed for integrated. What frame is it, then we can tell you more?

There are adaptors available for mtb bikes to change the diameter and there very cheap. but seriously is it realy a 2"
I think Syncros and aheadset both make the adaptors

Maby its a GSX-R 750 lol

Insaneclimber said:
There are adaptors available for mtb bikes to change the diameter and there very cheap. but seriously is it realy a 2"
I think Syncros and aheadset both make the adaptors

Maby its a GSX-R 750 lol
I'm referring to the fork drown not the steerer tube. Where the forks arms come up and meet the steerer - where the crown race sits. The outer diameter here is 50mm. On my forks they actually flare outwards between the brake drill out and the crown head. The training bike is a Saracen Sestriere