50th Annual Christmas Bike Ride!!!

The 50th Anniversary of the Annual Christmas Bike Trip is scheduled for
December 26-31, 2006. Every year since 1956, bicyclists from all over
the country have participated in this unusual and challenging cycling
tradition. Organized by the San Diego Council of Hostelling
International USA, the Christmas Bike Trip features a 400-mile route
through the mountains, desert, and seacoast of Southern California. The
ride is a major fundraiser supporting the San Diego Councils' Youth
Education and Outreach programs.
Cyclists can join this Christmas tradition for $300 (Hostelling
International members) or $325 (includes a one year membership). The
fee includes two meals per day, modest indoor accommodations, sag wagon
support, gear transport, and a commemorative Christmas Bicycle Trip
T-shirt.
Hostelling International USA is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization
whose mission is "To help all, especially the young, gain a greater
understanding of the world and its peoples through hostelling." This
mission is accomplished by providing programs and inexpensive
accommodations designed to promote cultural understanding and global
awareness through travel and shared experiences. The San Diego Council
serves this mission by offering programs and accommodations in two
locations in San Diego.

REGISTRATION OPENS AUGUST 15TH. GO TO ACTIVE.COM TO REGISTER OR CALL
619-338-9981 AND ASK FOR TIFFANY.

For more info go to http://www.sandiegohostels.org/bike.shtml or call
619-338-9981.

[email protected] wrote:
> The 50th Anniversary of the Annual Christmas Bike Trip is scheduled for
> December 26-31, 2006. Every year since 1956, bicyclists from all over
> the country have participated in this unusual and challenging cycling
> tradition. Organized by the San Diego Council of Hostelling
> International USA, the Christmas Bike Trip features a 400-mile route
> through the mountains, desert, and seacoast of Southern California. The
> ride is a major fundraiser supporting the San Diego Councils' Youth
> Education and Outreach programs.
> Cyclists can join this Christmas tradition for $300 (Hostelling
> International members) or $325 (includes a one year membership). The
> fee includes two meals per day, modest indoor accommodations, sag wagon
> support, gear transport, and a commemorative Christmas Bicycle Trip
> T-shirt.
> Hostelling International USA is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization
> whose mission is "To help all, especially the young, gain a greater
> understanding of the world and its peoples through hostelling." This
> mission is accomplished by providing programs and inexpensive
> accommodations designed to promote cultural understanding and global
> awareness through travel and shared experiences. The San Diego Council
> serves this mission by offering programs and accommodations in two
> locations in San Diego.
>
> REGISTRATION OPENS AUGUST 15TH. GO TO ACTIVE.COM TO REGISTER OR CALL
> 619-338-9981 AND ASK FOR TIFFANY.
>
> For more info go to http://www.sandiegohostels.org/bike.shtml or call
> 619-338-9981.

alt.MOUNTAIN-BIKE

My knobbies don't want to go 400 miles on pavement.

Although I think there might be at least one San Diegoian who'd be
interested.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchell[NOSPAM] wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> The 50th Anniversary of the Annual Christmas Bike Trip is scheduled
>> for December 26-31, 2006. Every year since 1956, bicyclists from all
>> over the country have participated in this unusual and challenging
>> cycling tradition. Organized by the San Diego Council of Hostelling
>> International USA, the Christmas Bike Trip features a 400-mile route
>> through the mountains, desert, and seacoast of Southern California.
>> The ride is a major fundraiser supporting the San Diego Councils'
>> Youth Education and Outreach programs.
>> Cyclists can join this Christmas tradition for $300 (Hostelling
>> International members) or $325 (includes a one year membership). The
>> fee includes two meals per day, modest indoor accommodations, sag
>> wagon support, gear transport, and a commemorative Christmas Bicycle
>> Trip T-shirt.
>> Hostelling International USA is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization
>> whose mission is "To help all, especially the young, gain a greater
>> understanding of the world and its peoples through hostelling." This
>> mission is accomplished by providing programs and inexpensive
>> accommodations designed to promote cultural understanding and global
>> awareness through travel and shared experiences. The San Diego
>> Council serves this mission by offering programs and accommodations
>> in two locations in San Diego.
>>
>> REGISTRATION OPENS AUGUST 15TH. GO TO ACTIVE.COM TO REGISTER OR CALL
>> 619-338-9981 AND ASK FOR TIFFANY.
>>
>> For more info go to http://www.sandiegohostels.org/bike.shtml or call
>> 619-338-9981.
>>

> alt.MOUNTAIN-BIKE
>
> My knobbies don't want to go 400 miles on pavement.
>
> Although I think there might be at least one San Diegoian who'd be
> interested.

As I posted on RBM, "Anyone want to take bets on when they'll have to change
the name of this to the "Winter Fest Bike Trip"?

Seriously. LOL

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The 50th Anniversary of the Annual Christmas Bike Trip is scheduled for
> December 26-31, 2006. Every year since 1956, bicyclists from all over
> the country have participated in this unusual and challenging cycling
> tradition. Organized by the San Diego Council of Hostelling
> International USA, the Christmas Bike Trip features a 400-mile route
> through the mountains, desert, and seacoast of Southern California. The
> ride is a major fundraiser supporting the San Diego Councils' Youth
> Education and Outreach programs.
> Cyclists can join this Christmas tradition for $300 (Hostelling
> International members) or $325 (includes a one year membership). The
> fee includes two meals per day, modest indoor accommodations, sag wagon
> support, gear transport, and a commemorative Christmas Bicycle Trip
> T-shirt.
> Hostelling International USA is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization
> whose mission is "To help all, especially the young, gain a greater
> understanding of the world and its peoples through hostelling." This
> mission is accomplished by providing programs and inexpensive
> accommodations designed to promote cultural understanding and global
> awareness through travel and shared experiences. The San Diego Council
> serves this mission by offering programs and accommodations in two
> locations in San Diego.
>
> REGISTRATION OPENS AUGUST 15TH. GO TO ACTIVE.COM TO REGISTER OR CALL
> 619-338-9981 AND ASK FOR TIFFANY.
>
> For more info go to http://www.sandiegohostels.org/bike.shtml or call
> 619-338-9981.

My gosh, it's been 100 - 107 outside, Christmas?? Not quite ready for
that thought.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchell[NOSPAM] wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>> The 50th Anniversary of the Annual Christmas Bike Trip is scheduled
>>> for December 26-31, 2006. Every year since 1956, bicyclists from all
>>> over the country have participated in this unusual and challenging
>>> cycling tradition. Organized by the San Diego Council of Hostelling
>>> International USA, the Christmas Bike Trip features a 400-mile route
>>> through the mountains, desert, and seacoast of Southern California.
>>> The ride is a major fundraiser supporting the San Diego Councils'
>>> Youth Education and Outreach programs.
>>> Cyclists can join this Christmas tradition for $300 (Hostelling
>>> International members) or $325 (includes a one year membership). The
>>> fee includes two meals per day, modest indoor accommodations, sag
>>> wagon support, gear transport, and a commemorative Christmas Bicycle
>>> Trip T-shirt.
>>> Hostelling International USA is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization
>>> whose mission is "To help all, especially the young, gain a greater
>>> understanding of the world and its peoples through hostelling." This
>>> mission is accomplished by providing programs and inexpensive
>>> accommodations designed to promote cultural understanding and global
>>> awareness through travel and shared experiences. The San Diego
>>> Council serves this mission by offering programs and accommodations
>>> in two locations in San Diego.
>>>
>>> REGISTRATION OPENS AUGUST 15TH. GO TO ACTIVE.COM TO REGISTER OR CALL
>>> 619-338-9981 AND ASK FOR TIFFANY.
>>>
>>> For more info go to http://www.sandiegohostels.org/bike.shtml or
>>> call 619-338-9981.
>>>

>> alt.MOUNTAIN-BIKE
>>
>> My knobbies don't want to go 400 miles on pavement.
>>
>> Although I think there might be at least one San Diegoian who'd be
>> interested.

> As I posted on RBM, "Anyone want to take bets on when they'll have to
> change the name of this to the "Winter Fest Bike Trip"?
>
> Seriously. LOL

Who would pay that? Do you get a 3/4 ounce of gold with admission?
--
Phil Lee, Squid

"Phil Lee, Squid" <

> Who would pay that? Do you get a 3/4 ounce of gold with admission?
> --
> Phil Lee, Squid

The same people that pay to ride the San Juan Hut ride through SW Colorado.
I was asked to go on one of these this year......I replied "why, I ride
these roads for free all the time!"

Gary

GeeDubb wrote:
> "Phil Lee, Squid" <
>>
>> Who would pay that? Do you get a 3/4 ounce of gold with admission?
>> --
>> Phil Lee, Squid

> The same people that pay to ride the San Juan Hut ride through SW
> Colorado. I was asked to go on one of these this year......I replied
> "why, I ride these roads for free all the time!"

Well, five (six?) nights' accommodations, two meals daily and SAG support
for ~ $300 doesn't seem that outlandish, but I too would rather make my own
plans.