52 cm frame- cna a 184cm rider make it fit?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Alan Smollen, May 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan Smollen

Alan Smollen Guest

If I use a long seat post and stem, would I be ok riding a 52cm frame Fuji Aloha triatholon bike? I
    am 184cm tall with a 88 cm inseam. I wonder also about a giant tcr aero 55cm seat post. the chart
    says it will fit with the 300 mm seat post. What is the deal. if your seat and hands and feet are in
    the correct position, does it matter what size the frame is. giant uses the slooped frame. the fuji
    is straight at the top tube.

The reason for the questions is that I live in Japan and have found these bikes real cheap. I can
    not find a 58cm bike in this country with a reasonable price.

thank you Alan Smollen

--
    Acappella Radio=Check out what I'm listening to right now at http://www.live365.com/stations/266369
    . It's an online radio station on
    Live365.com. Just click on the link to listen.

--
    Acappella Radio=Check out what I'm listening to right now at http://www.live365.com/stations/266369
    . It's an online radio station on
    Live366.com. Just click on the link to listen.

Tags:

2. Doug

Doug Guest

>If I use a long seat post and stem, would I be ok riding a 52cm frame Fuji Aloha triatholon bike? I
    >am 184cm tall with a 88 cm inseam. I wonder also

I rode a 50cm frame for quite some time in college and after, strictly for budgetary reasons. I used
    a long post and stem. It was no big deal for me, but the long parts made the ride a bit squishy and
    flexy at times. I normally ride a 56. Others more knowledgeable about fit can comment on the
    mechanics.

>The reason for the questions is that I live in Japan and have found these bikes real cheap. I can
    >not find a 58cm bike in this country with a reasonable price.

This is a valid reason as far as I'm concerned. Good luck.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.