58-year-old Dies while Mountain Biking!

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 10:22:07 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>> But not running marathons. Only MOUNTAIN BIKING killed him.
>>>

>>Again, you don't know that.
>>Running could have easily
>>caused damage whose effects
>>were only realized some time
>>later. You are not a doctor.

> I AM a doctor. It's obvious that the most probable cause was the
> mountain biking.
>
>>> (big difference there, Mike). <br>

>>> ===
>>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>>
>>> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you
>>> are fond of!
>>>
>>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> ===
>
> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you
> are fond of!
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

A doctor of Stupidity!

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On 2 Oct 2006 21:35:48 -0700, "[email protected]"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Good point.
>>
>>Artoi wrote:
>>> He didn't die of specific mountain biking related activity but an
>>> intrinsic cause. He could have died the same way if he sat there and
>>> found out his share portfolio just crashed 90%.

> You don't know that. The MOST LIKELY explanation is the he died from
> mountain biking.
> ===
>
> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you
> are fond of!
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

And Mikey, YOU DONT KNOW EITHER. Yet you spew your ******** as if were
fact. Please go back to talking to empty rooms at conferences that no one
attends, and you cant and or wont specifiy the time and location of.

A man died of a heart attack. Everyone knows that mountain biking is one of
the major contributors to heart disease, right? (insert rolleyes here)

I feel bad for the friends and family of the individual that died. Having
someone post something so irresponsible on a public forum is beyond
comprehension.

Read this article for more of the same, irresponsible garbage.
http://www.gatago.com/ca/environment/25350969.html

Heir Vandeman's comments do nothing more than sum up how callous, inhumane,
and delusional, and intellectually challenged he is. He doesn't even have
the slightest clue as to what a myocardial infarction is, yet he sticks
"doctor" along with his name (as if to imply his comments carry some
additional meaning).

"Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]

and delusional, and intellectually challenged he is. He doesn't even have
the slightest clue as to what a myocardial infarction is, yet he sticks
"doctor" along with his name (as if to imply his comments carry some
additional meaning).

"Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> On 2 Oct 2006 21:35:48 -0700, "[email protected]"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Good point.

>> You don't know that. The MOST LIKELY explanation is the he died from
>> mountain biking.

> And Mikey, YOU DONT KNOW EITHER. Yet you spew your ******** as if were
> fact. Please go back to talking to empty rooms at conferences that no one
> attends, and you cant and or wont specifiy the time and location of.

"Roberto Baggio" <[email protected]> wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

>A man died of a heart attack. Everyone knows that mountain biking is one
>of the major contributors to heart disease, right? (insert rolleyes here)
>
> I feel bad for the friends and family of the individual that died. Having
> someone post something so irresponsible on a public forum is beyond
> comprehension.
>
> Read this article for more of the same, irresponsible garbage.
> http://www.gatago.com/ca/environment/25350969.html
>
> Heir Vandeman's comments do nothing more than sum up how callous,
> inhumane, and delusional, and intellectually challenged he is. He doesn't
> even have the slightest clue as to what a myocardial infarction is, yet he
> sticks "doctor" along with his name (as if to imply his comments carry
> some additional meaning).

Mr. Vandeman is a Ph.D., not an MD. He is the world's foremost expert on how
mountain biking impacts hiking trails and otherwise interferes with hikers.
In short, he is a genius and you, sir, are an idiot. Why was your stupid
message posted 3 times? Once you get that straightened out, maybe we will
listen to what you have to say.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Roberto Baggio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>

> Mr. Vandeman is a Ph.D., not an MD. He is the world's foremost expert on
> how mountain biking impacts hiking trails and otherwise interferes with
> hikers. Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

The world's foremost expert? This certainly doesn't say much about the
others

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:42:31 -0500, "di" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Roberto Baggio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>

>> Mr. Vandeman is a Ph.D., not an MD. He is the world's foremost expert on
>> how mountain biking impacts hiking trails and otherwise interferes with
>> hikers. Regards,
>>
>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>> aka
>> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota
>>

>The world's foremost expert? This certainly doesn't say much about the
>others

There aren't any others.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:42:31 -0500, "di" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> "Roberto Baggio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>

>>> Mr. Vandeman is a Ph.D., not an MD. He is the world's foremost expert on
>>> how mountain biking impacts hiking trails and otherwise interferes with
>>> hikers. Regards,
>>>
>>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>>> aka
>>> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota
>>>

>>The world's foremost expert? This certainly doesn't say much about the
>>others

> There aren't any others.

Because no one else would waste a lifetime on such a worthless cause.

Gee, response by 4 major groups using dozens of people and running a 4x4 up
trails in the pristine forest just to rescue a man in his THIRTIES who had a
heart attack. Think of the damage the 4x4 caused! Think of the problems
hikers older than their thirties will cause! Damn hikers - no respect for
nature and the destruction they cause.

HIKER WITH HEART ATTACH RESCUED

North Vancouver (North Shore news) - A North Shore hiker is lucky to be
alive this week after he was rescued from Mount Seymour provincial park just
minutes before having a heart attack.

The Vancouver area resident, in his thirties, had been walking for about an
hour on the popular North Vancouver trail Monday afternoon when he started
having chest pains.

A member of his group called 911 as the man began making his way back down
the mountain.

District firefighters, B.C. Ambulance, North Shore Rescue, and Seymour
resort staff all responded to the call, sending rescuers in on a 4x4 to
pluck the main from the trail, and rush him back to a waiting ambulance.
Within moments, he went into full cardiac arrest. Paramedics were able to
revive the man en route to Lions Gate Hospital, where his is listed in
stable condition.

The man was lucky the incident happened where it did, according to rescuers.

"If it had happened in the alpine, his chances of survival would be have
been slim to none," said B.C. Ambulance spokesman Tim Jones.

"He got his second chance."

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:40:57 -0500, "di" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:42:31 -0500, "di" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>The world's foremost expert? This certainly doesn't say much about the
>>>others

>> There aren't any others.

>Because no one else would waste a lifetime on such a worthless cause.

Protecting wildlife is the most worthwhile cause there is. Of course,
no mountain biker would know that. Or care.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande