58-year-old Dies while Mountain Biking!

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 22:00:03 GMT, Artoi <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>In article <[email protected]>,
>>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>But it didn't. He didn't die from running marathons. He died from
>>>MOUNTAIN BIKING. Face the facts!

>>Mike, you are ignoring the root cause of his death, which is a heart
>>attack of some form.

> Yes, DUE TO MOUNTAIN BIKING.

Due to physical exertion. Any
number of activities involve
the level of physical exertion
involved in mountain biking.

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 21:57:32 GMT, Artoi <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>In article <[email protected]>,

>>>He died of a heart attack.
>>>That can happen during any kind of exercise.
>>>I presume that you are a fat turd that never exercises?
>>>If so, then you also can die due to the excess fat.
>>>If not, then you also can die from a heart attack while doing your
>>>exercise.
>>>
>>>Some of your posts make you look like an idiot.
>>>That will not help your cause.

>>Correct, or even acute mental stress just sitting at a desk can start a
>>so called heart attack.

> But it didn't. He died from mountain biking. You are just afraid to
> admit the truth!

Considering the semantic
masturbation you are so keen
on, I would expect you to not
make such a ridiculous
statement. You cannot die from
mountain biking any more than
you can die from walking down
the street.

Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 15:45:21 GMT, Michael Halliwell <[email protected]> wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 21:34:22 -0400, pmhilton <[email protected]> wrote:

Artoi wrote:

In article <[email protected]>, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:

More evidence that mountain biking's alleged "health benefits" are exaggerated. If you die, where is the net benefit???

If one does not mountain bike, perhaps, one will not die?

Yes, he would probably still be alive.

Thank you Dr. Vandeman, MD, for your expert medical opinion.....be certain to let the Colorado M. E. know about it...I'm sure he'd be clueless otherwise. Now you're certain it wasn't the running of marathons? Or the love of french and italian cuisine? Or an underlying medical condition? And please, for the rest of us poor medical laypersons, detail the signs, symptoms and general progression of this horrible disease that apparently you are so medically qualified to diagnose that you can assess it as the cause of death from a newspaper clipping and not have to examine the remains.

Why do YOU think he died? I notice that you decline to say, because you'd then have to admit that the mountain biking was the ost likely cause of his death. It's OBVIOUS!

I'm not a MD or ME, so I can't say with the certainty that you have, but I would guess that it was likely related to an existing medical condition. I would lean that way as the individual is described as being healthy enough to run marathons. Perhaps a heart condition? I wouldn't say mountain biking was the cause, but rather that he was mountain biking when he died (big difference there, Mike).

By the way, you didn't detail the signs and symptoms and progression of this horrible disease that you apparently so qualified to diagnose...have you alerted the CDC as to your findings of "mountain biking" as a cause of death and how it could become an epidemic as there are so many mountain bikers these days?

Michael Halliwell

Mike Vandeman said:
>And if he died hiking, swimming, cutting the lawn or having dinner with
>his family therein *we* may ascertain *you* would consider those
>activities negative activities... interesting how to attempt to link
>things negative to the mountain bike sport.[/color]

He didn't. He died from MOUNTAIN BIKING.

>But you do indeed accept there are some health benefits to riding a
>mountain bike

Yes, but no NET benefit. In otherwise, the disadvantages far outweigh
the advantages.

Actually, one thing we do not know is whether he would have lived to 58 if he HADN'T taken up mountain biking. If, in the absence of mountain biking as an exercise, he would have died of a heart attack at the age of 48, then one can argue that there was a net benefit for him of an additional 10 years of life.

And I am afraid that I do not know of any country where you can put "Mountain Biking" as the cause of death on a death certificate. If you know better, I am happy to be enlightened.

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 20:05:30 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman wrote:
>> On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 21:53:43 GMT, Artoi <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>He didn't die of specific mountain biking related activity

>> Prove it. Liar.
>>

>The burden of proof is on you,
>fool.

Nope, you just made a claim. Prove it (hint: you CAN'T!).

>> but an
>>
>>>intrinsic cause. He could have died the same way if he sat there and
>>>found out his share portfolio just crashed 90%.

>> ===
>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>
>> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!
>>
>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 18:08:57 +1000, matagi
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman Wrote:
>>

>> >And if he died hiking, swimming, cutting the lawn or having dinner

>> with
>> >his family therein *we* may ascertain *you* would consider those
>> >activities negative activities... interesting how to attempt to link
>> >things negative to the mountain bike sport.

>> He didn't. He died from MOUNTAIN BIKING.
>>
>> >But you do indeed accept there are some health benefits to riding a
>> >mountain bike

>> Yes, but no NET benefit. In otherwise, the disadvantages far outweigh
>> the advantages.
>>

>Actually, one thing we do not know is whether he would have lived to 58
>if he HADN'T taken up mountain biking. If, in the absence of mountain
>biking as an exercise, he would have died of a heart attack at the age
>of 48, then one can argue that there was a net benefit for him of an
>additional 10 years of life.
>
>And I am afraid that I do not know of any country where you can put
>"Mountain Biking" as the cause of death on a death certificate. If you
>know better, I am happy to be enlightened.[/color]

Of course you can. Whatever was the cause, goes on the death
certificate.
===

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 20:06:46 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman wrote:
>> On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 22:00:03 GMT, Artoi <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>Mike, you are ignoring the root cause of his death, which is a heart
>>>attack of some form.

>> Yes, DUE TO MOUNTAIN BIKING.

>Due to physical exertion. Any
>number of activities involve
>the level of physical exertion
>involved in mountain biking.

You missed the point. Several marathons didn't kill him. MOUNTAIN
BIKING did.

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 20:08:06 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman wrote:
>> On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 21:57:32 GMT, Artoi <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>Correct, or even acute mental stress just sitting at a desk can start a
>>>so called heart attack.

>> But it didn't. He died from mountain biking. You are just afraid to
>> admit the truth!

>Considering the semantic
>masturbation you are so keen
>on, I would expect you to not
>make such a ridiculous
>statement. You cannot die from
>mountain biking any more than
>you can die from walking down
>the street.

It happens all the time! It just happened again. Ride off a cliff, and
then tell me you can't die from mountain biking.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On 5 Sep 2006 13:39:14 -0700, "mamba" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>OHMIGOD
>
>That settles it. Thanks for sharing the truth, Mike. I'm going to
>give up mountain biking and do something safer, like drive my car. No,
>wait, that's dangerous. Maybe I'll just hike. Wait, that's pretty
>strenuous.
>
>I've got it. I'll sit on my duff and watch TV all day. Maybe play
>some computer games. Then I'll muster up some energy and post assinine
>remarks on usenet (to several groups who couldn't care less). That
>will soon allow me to join the ranks of the obese, lazy (and obviously
>healthy!) couch potatoes that make up a growing portion of our society.
> Thank God you've saved me from a life of physical activity. Would
>hate to repeat the errors of our ancestors - for several thousand
>years.
>
>You're supposed to be a clever guy. Surely you can come up with
>something better than that. But thanks for a good chuckle!

Now try it again, this time turning on your brain first.

>Chuckles Vandeman wrote:
>> More evidence that mountain biking's alleged "health benefits" are
>> exaggerated. If you die, where is the net benefit???
>>
>> Mike

===

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 20:05:02 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman wrote:
>> On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 14:21:52 -0400, pmhilton <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>Mike Vandeman wrote:
>>> It's OBVIOUS!
>>>

>>>Your opinion that a given conclusion is obvious is very nearly worthless
>>>as an assumption uless some form of mental rigor is brought to bear. In
>>>this instance, you have brought nothing to the discussion but a single
>>>hastily formed opinion.

>> CONSPICUOUSLY ABSENT is YOUR assessment of why he died. OBVIOUSLY, you
>> are afraid to ADMIT that he died from mountain biking, which he
>> OBVIOUSLY did.

>No, he died of a heart attack.
>Idiot.

Triggered by mountain biking, but NOT by running marathons.
Interesting....

>> Make all the claims you wish. In support of that
>>
>>>opinion you must offer objective data & logically sound reasoning. You
>>>have offered neither.
>>>
>>>Seems to me this fundamental lack, along with your monomaniacle
>>>androgeny has been mentioned hundreds of times by scores of posters.
>>>
>>>PH

>> ===
>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>
>> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!
>>
>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 05:08:20 GMT, Michael Halliwell
<[email protected]> wrote:

><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
><head>
></head>
>Mike Vandeman wrote:
> type="cite">
> <pre wrap="">On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 15:45:21 GMT, Michael Halliwell
><a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote:
>
> </pre>
> <pre wrap="">Mike Vandeman wrote:
>
> </pre>
> <pre wrap="">On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 21:34:22 -0400, pmhilton <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:p[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote:
>

> </pre>
> <pre wrap="">Artoi wrote:
>

> </pre>
> <pre wrap="">In article <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a>,
>Mike Vandeman <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote:
>

> </pre>
> <pre wrap="">More evidence that mountain biking's alleged "health benefits" are
>exaggerated. If you die, where is the net benefit???
>

> </pre>
> <pre wrap="">If one does not mountain bike, perhaps, one will not die?
>

> </pre>
> <pre wrap="">Yes, he would probably still be alive.
>

> </pre>
> <pre wrap="">Thank you Dr. Vandeman, MD, for your expert medical opinion.....be
>certain to let the Colorado M. E. know about it...I'm sure he'd be
>clueless otherwise. Now you're certain it wasn't the running of
>marathons? Or the love of french and italian cuisine? Or an underlying
>medical condition? And please, for the rest of us poor medical
>laypersons, detail the signs, symptoms and general progression of this
>horrible disease that apparently you are so medically qualified to
>diagnose that you can assess it as the cause of death from a newspaper
>clipping and not have to examine the remains.
> </pre>
> <pre wrap=""><!---->
>Why do YOU think he died? I notice that you decline to say, because
>you'd then have to admit that the mountain biking was the ost likely
>cause of his death. It's OBVIOUS!
>
> </pre>
>I'm not a MD or ME, so I can't say with the certainty that you have,
>but I would guess that it was likely related to an existing medical
>condition. I would lean that way as the individual is described as
>being healthy enough to run marathons. Perhaps a heart condition? I
>wouldn't say mountain biking was the cause, but rather that he was
>mountain biking when he died

But not running marathons. Only MOUNTAIN BIKING killed him.

(big difference there, Mike). <br>
>By the way, you didn't detail the signs and symptoms and progression of
>this horrible disease that you apparently so qualified to
>diagnose...have you alerted the CDC as to your findings of "mountain
>biking" as a cause of death and how it could become an epidemic as
>there are so many mountain bikers these days?<br>
>Michael Halliwell<br>

===

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 18:08:57 +1000, matagi
> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> with

>>> He didn't. He died from MOUNTAIN BIKING.

>>> Yes, but no NET benefit. In otherwise, the disadvantages far
>>> outweigh the advantages.
>>>

>> Actually, one thing we do not know is whether he would have lived to
>> 58 if he HADN'T taken up mountain biking. If, in the absence of
>> mountain biking as an exercise, he would have died of a heart attack
>> at the age of 48, then one can argue that there was a net benefit
>> for him of an additional 10 years of life.
>>
>> And I am afraid that I do not know of any country where you can put
>> "Mountain Biking" as the cause of death on a death certificate. If
>> you know better, I am happy to be enlightened.

> Of course you can. Whatever was the cause, goes on the death
> certificate.[/color]

OK, Do(r)c, how much do you want to bet that "mountain biking" was NOT
listed as the COD in this case? Charity of your choice.

(Hint: by your logic, "breathing air" could be listed on EVERY HUMAN
BEING'S DEATH CERTIFICATE. Sorry for confusing you with that word...LOGIC.
LOL )

A man dies at 58 years old while mtbing. Yahooo!!

I feel bad for his family, but a hundred 100 years the average man
wasn't expected to make 50 and now he's out mtbing. I can only hope for
having such a sweet exit from this world.

laters,

marz

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 20:05:02 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>>CONSPICUOUSLY ABSENT is YOUR assessment of why he died. OBVIOUSLY, you
>>>are afraid to ADMIT that he died from mountain biking, which he
>>>OBVIOUSLY did.

>>No, he died of a heart attack.
>>Idiot.

> Triggered by mountain biking, but NOT by running marathons.
> Interesting....

You don't even know it was
triggered by mountain biking.
All you know is that it
occurred while he was mountain
biking, making whatever
connections you wish to draw
untenable. As usual.

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 05:08:20 GMT, Michael Halliwell
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
>><head>
>></head>
>>Mike Vandeman wrote:
>>type="cite">
>> <pre wrap="">On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 15:45:21 GMT, Michael Halliwell
>><a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote:
>>
>> </pre>
>> <pre wrap="">Mike Vandeman wrote:
>>
>> </pre>
>> <pre wrap="">On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 21:34:22 -0400, pmhilton <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:p[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote:
>>

>> </pre>
>> <pre wrap="">Artoi wrote:
>>

>> </pre>
>> <pre wrap="">In article <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a>,
>>Mike Vandeman <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote:
>>

>> </pre>
>> <pre wrap="">More evidence that mountain biking's alleged "health benefits" are
>>exaggerated. If you die, where is the net benefit???
>>

>> </pre>
>> <pre wrap="">If one does not mountain bike, perhaps, one will not die?
>>

>> </pre>
>> <pre wrap="">Yes, he would probably still be alive.
>>

>> </pre>
>> <pre wrap="">Thank you Dr. Vandeman, MD, for your expert medical opinion.....be
>>certain to let the Colorado M. E. know about it...I'm sure he'd be
>>clueless otherwise. Now you're certain it wasn't the running of
>>marathons? Or the love of french and italian cuisine? Or an underlying
>>medical condition? And please, for the rest of us poor medical
>>laypersons, detail the signs, symptoms and general progression of this
>>horrible disease that apparently you are so medically qualified to
>>diagnose that you can assess it as the cause of death from a newspaper
>>clipping and not have to examine the remains.
>> </pre>
>> <pre wrap=""><!---->
>>Why do YOU think he died? I notice that you decline to say, because
>>you'd then have to admit that the mountain biking was the ost likely
>>cause of his death. It's OBVIOUS!
>>
>> </pre>
>>I'm not a MD or ME, so I can't say with the certainty that you have,
>>but I would guess that it was likely related to an existing medical
>>condition. I would lean that way as the individual is described as
>>being healthy enough to run marathons. Perhaps a heart condition? I
>>wouldn't say mountain biking was the cause, but rather that he was
>>mountain biking when he died

> But not running marathons. Only MOUNTAIN BIKING killed him.

Again, you don't know that.
Running could have easily
caused damage whose effects
were only realized some time
later. You are not a doctor.

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 20:05:30 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>>Prove it. Liar.
>>>

>>The burden of proof is on you,
>>fool.

> Nope, you just made a claim. Prove it (hint: you CAN'T!).

Your claim is that mountain
biking's health benefits are
exaggerated. You cannot prove
that. One person dying means
nearly nothing statistically,
especially compared to other
recreational activities.

The burden is on you to prove
that you have a point, which
you don't. Moron.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Mike Vandeman wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 18:08:57 +1000, matagi
>><[email protected]> wrote:

>>>Actually, one thing we do not know is whether he would have lived to
>>>58 if he HADN'T taken up mountain biking. If, in the absence of
>>>mountain biking as an exercise, he would have died of a heart attack
>>>at the age of 48, then one can argue that there was a net benefit
>>>for him of an additional 10 years of life.
>>>
>>>And I am afraid that I do not know of any country where you can put
>>>"Mountain Biking" as the cause of death on a death certificate. If
>>>you know better, I am happy to be enlightened.

>>Of course you can. Whatever was the cause, goes on the death
>>certificate.

> OK, Do(r)c, how much do you want to bet that "mountain biking" was NOT
> listed as the COD in this case? Charity of your choice.
>
> (Hint: by your logic, "breathing air" could be listed on EVERY HUMAN
> BEING'S DEATH CERTIFICATE. Sorry for confusing you with that word...LOGIC.
> LOL )[/color]

Please don't use the word
'logic' to define MVs rants,
whatever they may be. I may
have problems grasping reality
if you do so . .

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 20:06:46 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>>Yes, DUE TO MOUNTAIN BIKING.

>>Due to physical exertion. Any
>>number of activities involve
>>the level of physical exertion
>>involved in mountain biking.

> You missed the point. Several marathons didn't kill him. MOUNTAIN
> BIKING did.

No, you missed the point.
Mountain biking did not kill
him, and you really have no
way of showing it was even he
exertion due to mountain biking.

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 20:08:06 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>>But it didn't. He died from mountain biking. You are just afraid to
>>>admit the truth!

>>Considering the semantic
>>masturbation you are so keen
>>on, I would expect you to not
>>make such a ridiculous
>>statement. You cannot die from
>>mountain biking any more than
>>you can die from walking down
>>the street.

> It happens all the time! It just happened again. Ride off a cliff, and
> then tell me you can't die from mountain biking.

You, sir, are an idiot. If you
ride a bike off a cliff, you
may die from breaking your
neck, but not from mountain
biking. It's so clear how
muddy your mental waters are .
.. seek help.

Once again I am humbled by the rapier-like wit of your retort. That
sure put me in my place. "Turn on my brain". Geez, how do I recover
from such a direct and insightful rebuke?