58-year-old Dies while Mountain Biking!

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 10:24:23 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>>The burden of proof is on you,
>>>fool.

>> Nope, you just made a claim. Prove it (hint: you CAN'T!).
>>

>Your claim is that mountain
>biking's health benefits are
>exaggerated.

If mountain biking had a health benefit, he would still be alive. It
has no NET health benefit.

You cannot prove
>that. One person dying means
>nearly nothing statistically,
>especially compared to other
>recreational activities.
>
>The burden is on you to prove
>that you have a point, which
>you don't. Moron.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On 7 Sep 2006 13:44:03 -0700, "mamba" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>There's that incisive, objective mind at work again. If it's OBVIOUS
>to Mikey, well then, it's got to be FACT to the planet.
>
>Mikey, got any FACTS about how many people have heart attacks while
>driving LA freeways every year? Want to guess how many hundreds of
>times it exceeds the same rate among mountain bikers partaking in their
>sport?

It's obvious to you as well as me that mountain biking has a higher
rate of heart attacks.

>Sure this doesn't address the original context of relative sport safety
>- if that's what your first troll was all about. But it's at least as
>relevant as the correlation you're inferring between mountain biking
>and deaths due to exertion.
>
>OK, I'm bored now. Go away.
>
>> >Mike Vandeman wrote:
>> >

>> But it is BY FAR the most likely explanation. Of course, you avoid
>> giving an alternative explanation, because it's OBVIOUS that he dies
>> from mountain biking.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 08:11:57 +1000, matagi
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman Wrote:
>>
>> But it didn't. He died from mountain biking. You are just afraid to
>> admit the truth!

>Ok, can you outline the pathological process by which mountain biking
>caused his death?

Irrelevant. It is obviously the proximate cause.
===

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 10:22:07 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>> But not running marathons. Only MOUNTAIN BIKING killed him.
>>>

>> Again, you don't know that.
>> Running could have easily
>> caused damage whose effects
>> were only realized some time
>> later. You are not a doctor.

> I AM a doctor. It's obvious that the most probable cause was the
> mountain biking.

You idiot. "Medical" was obviously implied. You are not a physician.

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 10:24:23 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>> Nope, you just made a claim. Prove it (hint: you CAN'T!).
>>>

>> Your claim is that mountain
>> biking's health benefits are
>> exaggerated.

> If mountain biking had a health benefit, he would still be alive. It
> has no NET health benefit.

You idiot. By that logic, nothing has a NET health benefit. I have news
for you: we all die.

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 10:21:08 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>> Triggered by mountain biking, but NOT by running marathons.
>>> Interesting....

>> You don't even know it was
>> triggered by mountain biking.
>> All you know is that it
>> occurred while he was mountain
>> biking,

> What a coincidence! It was probably the latte he drank before mountain
> biking that killed him! Right. Idiot.

You didn't refute anything of what I said.

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 10:27:05 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>> You missed the point. Several marathons didn't kill him. MOUNTAIN
>>> BIKING did.
>>>

>> No, you missed the point.
>> Mountain biking did not kill
>> him, and you really have no
>> way of showing it was even he
>> exertion due to mountain biking.

> He didn't die sipping a latte. He died mountain biking. DUH!

You spew on logical fallacy after another. If I get hit by a car while
drinking a latte, is it because of the latte?

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 10:28:44 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>> It happens all the time! It just happened again. Ride off a cliff, and
>>> then tell me you can't die from mountain biking.

>> You, sir, are an idiot. If you
>> ride a bike off a cliff, you
>> may die from breaking your
>> neck, but not from mountain
>> biking.

> So if you are shot to death, I guess the shooter had nothing to do
> with it! It was all the bullet's fault. Right.

The difference being that the only way to get a bullet into your heart
is from a gun. You can have a heart attack walking down the street. Idiot.

> It's so clear how
>> muddy your mental waters are .
>> . seek help.

> ===
>
> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

>>Ok, can you outline the pathological process by which mountain biking
>>caused his death?

> Irrelevant. It is obviously the proximate cause.

So, if someone eats nothing but Big Macs until their arteries are so clogged
and they have a heart attack, whatever they happen to be doing at the time
they die is the proximate cause? Very interesting. This means that when my
mother died of a stroke in her car while waiting for a friend in the parking
lot of a supermarket, the proximate cause was parking. I'll have to forward
this to the coroner.

ChuckD

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:04:37 -0400, "Fole Haafstra"
<reply.to.group.not.me> wrote:

>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> More evidence that mountain biking's alleged "health benefits" are
>> exaggerated. If you die, where is the net benefit???
>>
>> Mike
>>

>You are simply pathetic.
>The man died breathing Rocky Mountain air. I guess that mountain air is bad
>for one's health.
>You also express no human decency, compassion, or respect in such matters.

Please explain what "respect" an environmental rapist such as a
mountain biker is due.... This should be good!
===

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:57:16 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:

>MattB wrote:
>> cc wrote:

>>> Yeah, except for the possibility that all those large mammals would
>>> need something else to do with their testosterone on Saturdays,
>>> Sundays, and Mondays. While an optimist would insist something
>>> constructive be done instead, e.g. riding a bike, god knows what
>>> they'd actually get into . . .

>> Without football, they might only have ATVng and shootin' **** for
>> recreation. Maybe we should let them keep it!
>>

>Agreed. If only there were another high-risk activity that didn't
>involve the outdoors !

There is! Drug addiction! Better than killing innocent wildlife.
===

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:04:37 -0400, "Fole Haafstra"
> <reply.to.group.not.me> wrote:
>

>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>More evidence that mountain biking's alleged "health benefits" are
>>>exaggerated. If you die, where is the net benefit???
>>>
>>>Mike
>>>

>>You are simply pathetic.
>>The man died breathing Rocky Mountain air. I guess that mountain air is bad
>>for one's health.
>>You also express no human decency, compassion, or respect in such matters.

> Please explain what "respect" an environmental rapist such as a
> mountain biker is due.... This should be good!

A mountain biker is still a
person. It's obvious you have
no idea what humanity and
respect are, as evidenced by
your consistently pathological
indecency.

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:53:36 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman wrote:
>> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:04:37 -0400, "Fole Haafstra"
>> <reply.to.group.not.me> wrote:
>>

>>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>You are simply pathetic.
>>>The man died breathing Rocky Mountain air. I guess that mountain air is bad
>>>for one's health.
>>>You also express no human decency, compassion, or respect in such matters.

>> Please explain what "respect" an environmental rapist such as a
>> mountain biker is due.... This should be good!

>A mountain biker is still a
>person.

So is a rapist. Now tell me what respect they are due.

It's obvious you have
>no idea what humanity and
>respect are, as evidenced by
>your consistently pathological
>indecency.

===

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:53:36 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>>Please explain what "respect" an environmental rapist such as a
>>>mountain biker is due.... This should be good!

>>A mountain biker is still a
>>person.

> So is a rapist. Now tell me what respect they are due.

A better example would be how
I treat you. Sure, I patronize
you, but I still treat you as
if you were human.

> It's obvious you have
>
>>no idea what humanity and
>>respect are, as evidenced by
>>your consistently pathological
>>indecency.

> ===
>
> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Good point.

Artoi wrote:
> He didn't die of specific mountain biking related activity but an
> intrinsic cause. He could have died the same way if he sat there and
> found out his share portfolio just crashed 90%.
> --

On 2 Oct 2006 21:35:48 -0700, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Good point.
>
>Artoi wrote:
>> He didn't die of specific mountain biking related activity but an
>> intrinsic cause. He could have died the same way if he sat there and
>> found out his share portfolio just crashed 90%.

You don't know that. The MOST LIKELY explanation is the he died from
mountain biking.
===

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On 2 Oct 2006 21:35:48 -0700, "[email protected]"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Good point.
>>
>>Artoi wrote:
>>
>>>He didn't die of specific mountain biking related activity but an
>>>intrinsic cause. He could have died the same way if he sat there and
>>>found out his share portfolio just crashed 90%.

> You don't know that. The MOST LIKELY explanation is the he died from
> mountain biking.

Judged by who? You? Don't you
get it? Your opinion is worse
than useless...

Mike Vandeman wrote:

>On 2 Oct 2006 21:35:48 -0700, "[email protected]"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Good point.
>>
>>Artoi wrote:
>>

>>>He didn't die of specific mountain biking related activity but an
>>>intrinsic cause. He could have died the same way if he sat there and
>>>found out his share portfolio just crashed 90%.
>>>

>You don't know that. The MOST LIKELY explanation is the he died from
>mountain biking.

Once again, Dr. Vandeman, MD, has jumped in and failed to indicate (as
previously asked) the lethal mechanism to this individual: just because
he passed away while mountain biking does not make mountain biking the
cause....using your arguement, a 90 year old man dying during sexual
intercourse with a 20-something woman died from sex; not heart disease
or old age or any number of other causes.

Michael Halliwell

cc <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>> Your claim is that mountain
>>> biking's health benefits are
>>> exaggerated.

>> If mountain biking had a health benefit, he would still be alive. It
>> has no NET health benefit.
>>

> You idiot. By that logic, nothing has a NET health benefit. I have
> news for you: we all die.
>
>> You cannot prove
>>> that. One person dying means
>>> nearly nothing statistically,
>>> especially compared to other
>>> recreational activities.
>>>
>>> The burden is on you to prove
>>> that you have a point, which
>>> you don't. Moron.

>> ===
>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>
>> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you
>> are fond of!
>>
>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

We all die Mikey,
Life caused his death