58th Omloop Het Volk

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by steve, Mar 2, 2003.

1. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

So maarten did you get to see any of this race? :D

Tags:

2. easyrider

easyrider New Member

So much for the "best Belgium based team" rivalry. BLOW OUT. My question is: Does Quick Step become a soap opera trying to control this many star-quality riders in the next few months?

It would be easy if they had horses for courses and everyone else rode in support, but they have several guys that can compete to win in the same events.

3. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

I quite like this photo

4. RalleighOke

RalleighOke New Member

When things aren't going SA's way it is not going our way :(

But in light of all that has happened, I am still positive.....because I can still cycle and my rugby team has won their first 2 games in the Super 12....and Ferrari will not let me down.:D

5. maarten

maarten New Member

NOPE,

I was in Spain at that time on a training camp with the youngsters of our team. They punished me on the steep sections for being 10 to 20 kilo's heavier then them but on 3-4% stretches where I can push the big gear most of them had to admit I was going to fast up the mountain.

Season has now started officially but they all had a week holiday so we decided to go for a trainig camp to the Spanish sun.

We already had our team campionships 2 weeks ago. Finished 2nd(10cm or so) after a 16 year old(national champion, winner of the jugen tour in austria ans most succesfull rider in his category) but I won my category(vets I am 21 :) beating all our elite and U23 riders, they should have known, loose the sprinters before the last K else you are wasted.

We hope to be as succesfull as last year but that will be difficult.