59cm Merlin Extralight frameset plus extras

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by Bill, Jul 26, 2004.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Late 90's 59cm Merlin Extralight. Includes silver Chris King headset
    that was purchased new this year. Also includes Columbus Muscle all
    carbon fork with carbon steerer. 1" steerer. Fork has approx. 500
    miles.

    (This raked fork has a carbon unibody (fully carbon) and is designed
    for long distances for professionals. Lightness and comfort are the
    main characteristics of this fork. The use of the special titanium
    mesh layer together with the particular profiling of the fork blade
    facilitates the absorption of high frequency vibrations such as those
    induced by irregular terrain and braking. High Modulus carbon fibre
    has also been used for the 'skin' of Muscle, and this adds extra
    stability and strength. So overall, comfort, adhesion and better
    control. 1" or 1 1/8" 380 grams)

    Also included 130mm x 17 degree Forte stem, new unused headtube metal
    badge not attached yet, new frame decals with installation
    instructions, a very large window decal and a System 1 Trek seatpost
    with micro head adjustment.

    Bike frame is incredible. You will not be disappointed.

    MTS325 Size-specific Seamless Tubing
    By any measure, the Merlin Extralight has no peer. Built with MTS325
    size-specific seamless tubing, the Extralight rides with an
    exhilarating blend of comfort, speed, and sure-footed security. Frame
    weights start at an amazing 2.4 pounds. Yet the Extralight's exclusive
    double-butted titanium tubing has greater fatigue
    strength-to-weight--both before and after welding--than any other
    frame material, to guarantee a lifetime of durable performance. The
    Extralight's comprehensive list of features is almost overwhelming.
    Highlights include the oversize, laterally rigid 7/8-inch
    double-butted chainstays, individually selected custom-sized MTS325
    tubing for each frame size, and Merlin 6-4 titanium dropouts with
    vertical slots for instantaneous wheel changes, all set into pure
    racing geometry designed by Tom Kellogg. Additional details include a
    precision-reamed super-durable extended seat collar; our exclusive
    lightweight internally relieved bottom bracket shell that is machined,
    faced and threaded after welding to guarantee perfect alignment and
    concentricity, and Merlin's welded tubular three-piece brake bridge
    with a machined center boss to eliminate brake chatter at any speed.

    57.5 frame size ctr-ctr
    57.5 top tube

    pictures upon request.

    $1,200.00 plus shipping. e-mail [email protected]

    Thanks,

    Bill F.

    Tags:

  2. Bill