60th Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré - ProT

JAPANic

Aug 11, 2003
This should be interesting... not many big names but I'll be watching Rogers/Hincapie & Evans to see how they are progressing.

JAPANic said:
This should be interesting... not many big names but I'll be watching Rogers/Hincapie & Evans to see how they are progressing.
It will be good to see those guys you mentioned... and other Tour contenders... but I'm never sure whether riders aren't just using it as a training ride before the tour... like Lance did... and not trying to win it.

Leipheimer takes the prologue over Hushovd. Guess he's back 'on form' after being **** in the Giro.

Why does Eurosport allow Duffield to commentate on cycling? He has no idea how the sport works.

Eldrack said:
Leipheimer takes the prologue over Hushovd. Guess he's back 'on form' after being **** in the Giro.

Why does Eurosport allow Duffield to commentate on cycling? He has no idea how the sport works.
Valverde strong as well.

1. Levi Leipheimer (Astana)-6'10"05
2. Thor Hushovd (Crédit Agricole) 6'11"47
3. Alejandro Valverde (Caisse d'Epargne) 6'16"29.

Duffy sucks.

The idea that Levi suddenly goes from suck to star without help is absurd. The guy was getting dropped a week ago and now spanks everyone.

Eldrack said:

I caught the very end of this and wondered what happened through the idiot's excited screaming. Guess the Brits are as blind to Astana as the Americans are. How sad.

Did you catch Velonews' article this morning where Astana was downplaying Levi's chances in the Dauphine? Guess they're at the "rope-a-dope" game again and the press is eating it up. Well, if they're stupid enough to fall for the frightening naive Obama, they're dumb enough to give into Bruyneel.

Duffield's girlish shrieking was a total embarassment - but he has made impassioned defences of Armstrong before now and always wets himself with excitement when English Speaking Riders do well. Not like Harmon is that much better - he has an orgasm every time he sees a turquoise jersey.

Crankyfeet said:
CH - Menchov is only 30... will Gesink have to wait 4 or 5 years before he can lead a Rabo TdF team? It seems a huge waste of talent if he has to wait that long.
no, if, biiig if, Rabo are still alive post Rass...

Gesink is the putative leader in the medium term.

Dekker will get the leadership in 2009. 2010 will be co-leadership.

Menchov will not be there next year.

Crankyfeet said:
Did I miss something in the news?
nah, just a Dutch team, when Dekker and Gesink have the ability, they have the reigns, de facto Dutch team...

Van Poppel, Mollema, Posthuma, Weening, strong support.

Ava Marie said:
Menchov is supposed to go to the new, improved, version of Tinkoff.
if they get Putin's GazProm petrodollars.

If US stays in Iraq and oil at 200 a barrel, yep!

Crankyfeet said:
CH - Menchov is only 30... will Gesink have to wait 4 or 5 years before he can lead a Rabo TdF team? It seems a huge waste of talent if he has to wait that long.
Menchov will (have to) leave Rabo... Of course because its better for Rabo to have a Dutch rider who can compete for big wins...

My gues is that in 2 or years Dekker will leave as well. But thats just a gues. At Rabo its all about Gesink and there was a bit of trouble between Dekker and Rabo about his former 'trainer'....

cyclingheroes said:
Menchov will (have to) leave Rabo... Of course because its better for Rabo to have a Dutch rider who can compete for big wins...

My gues is that in 2 or years Dekker will leave as well. But thats just a gues. At Rabo its all about Gesink and there was a bit of trouble between Dekker and Rabo about his former 'trainer'....
Ceccho his name is heroes :D

cyclingheroes said:

are sure are we about the former bit? Is Dekker still working with Cecchini?

cyclingheroes said:
Yep, for friends Luigi , he comes from Lucca... A village where many riders live(d)...:D

Nickname Ceccho.
does some nice meals, organic produce. His friends invited, Danilo (Hondo, a good Italian name), Jorg, Tyler, and Thomas Dekker. Rene can eaves drop :p