$65.83 postage for a bianchi cap... Help !

Fraggle

Jul 2, 2006
I’ve just found the cap I’ve been searching for, the Liquigas Italian Champions Cap. Found it on the Bianchi USA website http://store.bianchiusa.com/home.php Great and for only $12.00 USD that a pretty good price too. So off I went through the order process, a few local (US) options for postage $3.95 UPS Ground, $9.05 UPS air, $17.00 Express.

Here’s where it all went pare shaped, see I’m down under here in Australia. So I go through the login process and come out the other side with a postage cost of, wait for it….. $65.83 USD !! What a rip off, to post a cap that probably weighs, what 40-50grams!!

Bianchi, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Here’s my problem now really want the cap, but cannot justify what would be $100 aussie dollars for it. Has anyone seen this cap on another site ?

Alternatively are there any honest cyclists in the States that could be a middle man to avoid the astronomical postage Bianchi want to charge ? I can deposit the postage costs into a bank account, just really need a US address and an honest person who can forward the cap on for me.

Can anyone help ?

i cant say ive seen it anywhere else :( one thing you could try is to email probikekit/parker international etc and see if they can get it in for you.

good luck

Fraggle said:
I’ve just found the cap I’ve been searching for, the Liquigas Italian Champions Cap. Found it on the Bianchi USA website http://store.bianchiusa.com/home.php Great and for only $12.00 USD that a pretty good price too. So off I went through the order process, a few local (US) options for postage $3.95 UPS Ground, $9.05 UPS air, $17.00 Express.

Here’s where it all went pare shaped, see I’m down under here in Australia. So I go through the login process and come out the other side with a postage cost of, wait for it….. $65.83 USD !! What a rip off, to post a cap that probably weighs, what 40-50grams!!

Here’s my problem now really want the cap, but cannot justify what would be $100 aussie dollars for it. Has anyone seen this cap on another site ?

Alternatively are there any honest cyclists in the States that could be a middle man to avoid the astronomical postage Bianchi want to charge ? I can deposit the postage costs into a bank account, just really need a US address and an honest person who can forward the cap on for me.

Can anyone help ?

Ouch! Sounds like they want to send it to you overnight air-express. Try sending them an email and ask for a standard UPS rate. I received a Thomson seatpost from the US last week that only cost US$12.

Cheers

Geoff

Fraggle said:

Can anyone help ?

Ouch! Sounds like they want to send it to you overnight air-express. Try sending them an email and ask for a standard UPS rate. I received a Thomson seatpost from the US last week that only cost US$12.

Cheers

Geoff

This one?

7232e2ffbbcee1ca4f9d575bca2207bb.jpg

Try

http://www.bianchi.com/bianchistore/en/catalogue/productResult.aspx?type=new

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIQUIGAS-BIANCH...509274QQihZ015QQcategoryZ137007QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry I should have posted a picture of the cap, as you probably will get it confused with the normal green team cap.

geoffs said:

Cheers

Geoff
Thanks Geoff that was the first thing I did, but unfortunately no reply a week later. Perhaps I'm to small of a customer for them to be concerned with :(

That is Highway robbery mate:eek:

I have had a snowboard delivered from LA (to AUS) within 3 working days for USD$45 and a wheelset from the US east coast in 4 days for the same price!;)

I have bought LOADS of gear online from the states & UK, the only thing i can suggest if you have searched high & low online for this cap - is to set up a favourite search on ebay (specify US site) for say "bianchi cap/hat", then you will cop an email anytime somebody lists one.

Good luck, hope you get your cap.

Sorry for the OT, but I just love it when Phil&Paul pronounce it "Leaky Gas". That just cracks me up ;-))))

fish156 said:
Sorry for the OT, but I just love it when Phil&Paul pronounce it "Leaky Gas". That just cracks me up ;-))))
Apparently that is how it is pronounced in Italy. Not the best choice for a company name.:p

fish156 said:
Phil pronounces it leaky, but Paul says Lick-wi-gas

I just checked it as well - but they wanted to charge $89.00 (us) postage to Aussie Land.

Well the best Aussie response to that is GET ROOTED Bianchi!

janiejones said:
I just checked it as well - but they wanted to charge $89.00 (us) postage to Aussie Land.

Well the best Aussie response to that is GET ROOTED Bianchi!
Just get a t-mobile cap its cheaper

You could try going to your LBS that sells bianchi and ask them to order you one whenever they get some new bikes. I dont know about there but all the bike stores here are getting them in a month or two.

Fraggle said:

Can anyone help ?
=========================================================
A number of net sellers make their real $ from pushing up the postage prices. There is no way it will really cost you this amount to get it sent to you.
They'll also use a box that is too big an fill it with too much disposable packaging - typical American wasteage.
As another poster has typed...give them the 2 fingered salute:mad: then look for another cap.
There are plenty of sellers who charge reasonable P & P prices and have good gear too:)