Joe Bernard said:Tim McNamara said:In article <[email hidden]>,
Joe Bernard <[email hidden]> wrote:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:> It seems to be my week for explaining myself. I bought this frame
> from Rivendell in 1996. At that time all the All-Rounders came
> with 26" wheels; later on these wheels were only used on smaller
> frames and 700C wheels were used on the larger frames. It was my
> mountain bike for several years (hence the choice of this frame
> rather than a road frame) and has been converted into my primary
> bike for brevets and touring. You can see the bike here:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:> I use the Panaracer Pasela 26 x 1.25 which has been an excellent
> tire so far.- Hide quoted text -Quoted message said:Quoted message said:> - Show quoted text -
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:And The Hobbit says [again], 650B is for smallish frames with fat
tires and fenders without a lot of toe-clip overlap for people who
know the truth: 26" wheels are slow on pavement.Quoted message said:Until I got the Paselas, I've have agreed with you but no longer. I
tried a bunch of different tires over the past 11 years and found that
my average speeds were about 1 mph slower over the same rolling to hilly
routes as on my 700C bikes at the same perceived effort. With the
Paselas there is no difference according to my cycle computers
(calibrated by roll-out). The All-Rounder rolls just as well on these
tires as my road bikes with 700 x 25s.- Hide quoted text -Quoted message said:- Show quoted text -
Well then, Ozark's got it all worked out and I'm an idiot. That's OK,
I'm married. I'm used to it. Ozark wins again!-
Now available: "Life as a Zero Sum Game" - by Joe Bernard, with a
special introduction by the Pied Piper of Bicycle Hooey, Grant Petersen