66 Teeth !

Lazarus-g

Oct 26, 2001
I was watching &quot;the History of the Kamikaze&quot; today and that is one crazy race that deserves it name, but what intrigued me was when they discussed what gear they were using on the front, some were using 52 which I recognize and then it started to get wild.<br /><br />Some said 58, some 60 and I even heard 66, but not knowing much I'm intrigued to find out how big these gears go on race bikes.<br /><br />Is 66 tops or do they go higher. ( i know these gears were on downhill bikes but I'd like to know what kind of sizes are around)<br /><br />Thanks Laz

ever heard of Koen de Koker. Once a promising cyclist and singer of cycling songs. He once tried to beat the world hour record with a 70x12 jeaah really 12meter 46 centimeters he managed to do 47km in an hour on this monstrous gear. <br /><br />Thice 70 teeth coge was speciaaly made for him.

[quote author=maarten link=board=6;threadid=2458;start=0#22729 date=1037580174]<br />ever heard of Koen de Koker. Once a promising cyclist and singer of cycling songs. He once tried to beat the world hour record with a 70x12 jeaah really 12meter 46 centimeters he managed to do 47km in an hour on this monstrous gear. <br /><br />Thice 70 teeth coge was speciaaly made for him.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />thats a good effort, wonder if his knee's are nailed no though hehe