:--(

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Shaun Rimmer, Mar 20, 2003.

  1. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    For the first time in quite a while, I woke this morning feeling very saddened.

    My thoughts go out to those in suffering everywhere.

    Shaun aRe - Today is not a good day.

    Tags:

  2. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > For the first time in quite a while, I woke this morning feeling very saddened.

    I think it's my fault. I used up all the good luck yesterday when I got my brother's Frod Fiasco
    through an MOT.

    > My thoughts go out to those in suffering everywhere.

    3am this morning, I was in Eye (which is a real place in Suffolk) picking up staff from the chicken
    factory. Reports of war were coming in, as always with breaking news, little facts and newscasters
    stretching out the material they had. A crowd of people were gathered around the telly in the
    canteen, half of them in a sort of voyeuristic trance. The other half were saying things like "kill
    the bastards".

    Bizarre as it may seem, I'm more upset about Russ. After all, the war was inevitable - doesnt
    surprise me in the slightest. I don't know Russ personally but he obviously rides his bike in the
    right mindset. And a lot. And this is one of those very bad things that comes along and buggers you
    up like a hoover inhaling a ball bearing.

    > Shaun aRe - Today is not a good day.

    Agreed. Nice and sunny though. And the smell of fresh cut grass is drifting in through the window.

    Maybe an am-b group hug is in order.

    Andy Chequer

  3. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message

    > > For the first time in quite a while, I woke this morning feeling very saddened.
    >
    > I think it's my fault. I used up all the good luck yesterday when I got my brother's Frod Fiasco
    > through an MOT.

    Heheheh - you bastard!

    > > My thoughts go out to those in suffering everywhere.
    >
    > 3am this morning, I was in Eye (which is a real place in Suffolk) picking
    up
    > staff from the chicken factory. Reports of war were coming in, as always with breaking news,
    > little facts and newscasters stretching out the
    material
    > they had. A crowd of people were gathered around the telly in the canteen, half of them in a sort
    > of voyeuristic trance. The other half were saying things like "kill the bastards".

    People are strange.

    > Bizarre as it may seem, I'm more upset about Russ. After all, the war was inevitable - doesnt
    > surprise me in the slightest. I don't know Russ personally but he obviously rides his bike in the
    > right mindset. And a
    lot.

    Aye, and I'm upset for him too. Still, I'm more upset for the rather 'lots' of people that are
    now/are soon gonna be killed, injured, or made sick by this 'war'.

    > And this is one of those very bad things that comes along and buggers you
    up
    > like a hoover inhaling a ball bearing.

    Get a Dyson and quit yer bitchin'.

    > > Shaun aRe - Today is not a good day.
    >
    > Agreed.

    Aye, what with the war, Russ, Darsh' 'news', and my g/f has had a big row with her daughter this
    morning. Oh, and my coffee tasted bad this morning too. It's the end I tells ya.....woe, woe,
    woe,..........

    > Nice and sunny though.

    Not here - overcast and damp.

    > And the smell of fresh cut grass is drifting in through the window.

    We got the scent of freshly fertilised farm land.

    > Maybe an am-b group hug is in order.

    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{a.m-b}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

    I feel better already. You?

    ',;~}

    > Andy Chequer

    Later Andy,

    Shaun aRe

  4. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...

    > > I think it's my fault. I used up all the good luck yesterday when I got
    my
    > > brother's Frod Fiasco through an MOT.
    >
    > Heheheh - you bastard!

    None more shocked than me. I've put about half a mile of welding into it the last few days.

    > > 3am this morning, I was in Eye (which is a real place in Suffolk)
    picking
    > up
    > > staff from the chicken factory. Reports of war were coming in, as always with breaking news,
    > > little facts and newscasters stretching out the
    > material
    > > they had. A crowd of people were gathered around the telly in the
    canteen,
    > > half of them in a sort of voyeuristic trance. The other half were saying things like "kill the
    > > bastards".
    >
    > People are strange.

    As Echo and the Bunnymen were heard to exclaim.

    > Aye, and I'm upset for him too. Still, I'm more upset for the rather
    'lots'
    > of people that are now/are soon gonna be killed, injured, or made sick by this 'war'.

    All true.

    > > And this is one of those very bad things that comes along and buggers
    you
    > up
    > > like a hoover inhaling a ball bearing.
    >
    > Get a Dyson and quit yer bitchin'.

    Ooh, get you with the posh dirt sucker.

    > Aye, what with the war, Russ, Darsh' 'news', and my g/f has had a big row with her daughter this
    > morning. Oh, and my coffee tasted bad this morning too. It's the end I tells ya.....woe, woe,
    > woe,..........

    Poor Darsh. Let's hope he gets some good news too. And Bomba's mum.

    > > Maybe an am-b group hug is in order.
    >
    > {{{{{{{{{{{{{{a.m-b}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    >
    > I feel better already. You?

    Worked for me dude.

    Andy Chequer, off to play chicken with some spring compressors.

  5. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Andy Chequer wrote:

    >>People are strange.
    >

    > As Echo and the Bunnymen were heard to exclaim.

    I thought The Doors were first.

    >>>like a hoover inhaling a ball bearing.
    >>
    >>Get a Dyson and quit yer bitchin'.
    >

    > Ooh, get you with the posh dirt sucker.

    That's no way to talk about his new fiancee

    >>Aye, what with the war, Russ, Darsh' 'news', and my g/f has had a big row with her daughter this
    >>morning. Oh, and my coffee tasted bad this morning too. It's the end I tells ya.....woe, woe,
    >>woe,..........
    >

    > Poor Darsh. Let's hope he gets some good news too. And Bomba's mum.

    Ah, me mam'll be fine.

    > Andy Chequer, off to play chicken with some spring compressors.

    Life's just one big party, eh?

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > > I think it's my fault. I used up all the good luck yesterday when I
    got
    > my
    > > > brother's Frod Fiasco through an MOT.
    > >
    > > Heheheh - you bastard!
    >
    > None more shocked than me. I've put about half a mile of welding into it
    the
    > last few days.

    Bet you were tired after that walk.

    > > > 3am this morning, I was in Eye (which is a real place in Suffolk)
    > picking
    > > up
    > > > staff from the chicken factory. Reports of war were coming in, as
    always
    > > > with breaking news, little facts and newscasters stretching out the
    > > material
    > > > they had. A crowd of people were gathered around the telly in the
    > canteen,
    > > > half of them in a sort of voyeuristic trance. The other half were
    saying
    > > > things like "kill the bastards".
    > >
    > > People are strange.
    >
    > As Echo and the Bunnymen were heard to exclaim.

    And the Stranglers (?). It's a conspiracy......Hang on, isn't a conspiracy, when you get like,
    criminals that have been in jail, like being pirates and stuff?

    > > Aye, and I'm upset for him too. Still, I'm more upset for the rather
    > 'lots'
    > > of people that are now/are soon gonna be killed, injured, or made sick
    by
    > > this 'war'.
    >
    > All true.

    ;-(

    > > > And this is one of those very bad things that comes along and buggers
    > you
    > > up
    > > > like a hoover inhaling a ball bearing.
    > >
    > > Get a Dyson and quit yer bitchin'.
    >
    > Ooh, get you with the posh dirt sucker.

    It was a gift - It's broke ;-(

    > > Aye, what with the war, Russ, Darsh' 'news', and my g/f has had a big
    row
    > > with her daughter this morning. Oh, and my coffee tasted bad this
    morning
    > > too. It's the end I tells ya.....woe, woe, woe,..........
    >
    > Poor Darsh. Let's hope he gets some good news too. And Bomba's mum.

    I think there's more chance of the former........

    > > > Maybe an am-b group hug is in order.
    > >
    > > {{{{{{{{{{{{{{a.m-b}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    > >
    > > I feel better already. You?
    >
    > Worked for me dude.

    Yeah - feeling all loved up now....not to mention kinda horny......

    > Andy Chequer, off to play chicken with some spring compressors.

    OOoooo!

    Have fun.

    Shaun aRe

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Andy Chequer wrote:
    >
    > >>People are strange.
    > >

    > > As Echo and the Bunnymen were heard to exclaim.
    >
    > I thought The Doors were first.

    Which came first, the doors or the rooms? - I'm lost anyways....

    > >>Get a Dyson and quit yer bitchin'.
    > >

    > > Ooh, get you with the posh dirt sucker.
    >
    > That's no way to talk about his new fiancee

    > >>Aye, what with the war, Russ, Darsh' 'news', and my g/f has had a big
    row
    > >>with her daughter this morning. Oh, and my coffee tasted bad this
    morning
    > >>too. It's the end I tells ya.....woe, woe, woe,..........
    > >

    > > Poor Darsh. Let's hope he gets some good news too. And Bomba's mum.
    >
    > Ah, me mam'll be fine.

    > > Andy Chequer, off to play chicken with some spring compressors.
    >
    > Life's just one big party, eh?

    Nah, 'sjust an orgy.

    Shaun aRe

  8. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > Andy Chequer, off to play chicken with some spring compressors.

    ...which is not nearly as fun as playing compressor with some spring chickens...

  9. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    John Harlow <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > Andy Chequer, off to play chicken with some spring compressors.
    >
    > ...which is not nearly as fun as playing compressor with some spring chickens...

    I already had you figured for some kinda deviant.

    Shaun aRe

  10. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > Andy Chequer, off to play chicken with some spring compressors.
    >
    > ...which is not nearly as fun as playing compressor with some spring chickens...

    But just as covered in lubricant.

    Andy Chequer oily at this moment.

  11. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote
    in
    > > > message news:[email protected]...

    > got
    > > my
    > > >
    > > > Heheheh - you bastard!
    > >
    > > None more shocked than me. I've put about half a mile of welding into it
    > the
    > > last few days.
    >
    > Bet you were tired after that walk.

    Dunno about that, but my forearms have a nice tan now.

    > > picking
    > > > up
    > always
    > > > material
    > > canteen,
    > saying
    > > >
    > > > People are strange.
    > >
    > > As Echo and the Bunnymen were heard to exclaim.
    >
    > And the Stranglers (?). It's a conspiracy......Hang on, isn't a
    conspiracy,
    > when you get like, criminals that have been in jail, like being pirates
    and
    > stuff?

    I don't know. My head hurts. I've got an E+tB version here and I like it. Is someone who likes
    conspiracy theories a conspiracy theoretician?

    > > > Aye, and I'm upset for him too. Still, I'm more upset for the rather
    > > 'lots'
    > > > of people that are now/are soon gonna be killed, injured, or made sick
    > by
    > > > this 'war'.
    > >
    > > All true.
    >
    > ;-(

    :-(

    > > you
    > > > up
    > > >
    > > > Get a Dyson and quit yer bitchin'.
    > >
    > > Ooh, get you with the posh dirt sucker.
    >
    > It was a gift - It's broke ;-(

    They do that. Great design, Bad Plastic. Get a Bosch.

    > > > Aye, what with the war, Russ, Darsh' 'news', and my g/f has had a big
    > row
    > > > with her daughter this morning. Oh, and my coffee tasted bad this
    > morning
    > > > too. It's the end I tells ya.....woe, woe, woe,..........
    > >
    > > Poor Darsh. Let's hope he gets some good news too. And Bomba's mum.
    >
    > I think there's more chance of the former........

    Grrrrumph. Fingers crossed anyway. With so much other crap going on in the world, I'm hoping the
    good luck gets displaced elsewhere. Like into the lives of Bomba, Darsh and Russ.

    > > > {{{{{{{{{{{{{{a.m-b}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    > > >
    > > > I feel better already. You?
    > >
    > > Worked for me dude.
    >
    > Yeah - feeling all loved up now....not to mention kinda horny......

    My place or yours?

    > > Andy Chequer, off to play chicken with some spring compressors.
    >
    > OOoooo!
    >
    > Have fun.

    Update: have the struts off the car (nothing siezed on a 10 year old Ford - huh?), and the new ones
    are the wrong type. Flangemonkeys.

    Andy Chequer off for a whinge to his friendly motor factor.

  12. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message

    > > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > in

    > > got
    > > > my

    > > > None more shocked than me. I've put about half a mile of welding into
    it
    > > the
    > > > last few days.
    > >
    > > Bet you were tired after that walk.
    >
    > Dunno about that, but my forearms have a nice tan now.

    Who needs SolaTan eh?

    > > > picking
    > > always
    > > > canteen,
    > > saying

    > > > As Echo and the Bunnymen were heard to exclaim.
    > >
    > > And the Stranglers (?). It's a conspiracy......Hang on, isn't a
    > conspiracy,
    > > when you get like, criminals that have been in jail, like being pirates
    > and
    > > stuff?
    >
    > I don't know. My head hurts.

    Your head doesn't hurt me. I've seen it, and woulda thought it should, but no, it don't - weird eh?

    > I've got an E+tB version here and I like it. Is someone who likes conspiracy theories a conspiracy
    > theoretician?

    I'd call 'em 'tosser'. Just for the hell of it like, see how they reacted.

    > > > 'lots'
    > > by
    > > >
    > > > All true.
    > >
    > > ;-(
    >
    > :-(

    ',-(

    > buggers
    > > > you

    > > > Ooh, get you with the posh dirt sucker.
    > >
    > > It was a gift - It's broke ;-(
    >
    > They do that. Great design, Bad Plastic. Get a Bosch.

    It was my sister that broke it. It wouldn't have mattered if it'd been made from unbreakableium.

    > > row
    > > morning
    > > >
    > > > Poor Darsh. Let's hope he gets some good news too. And Bomba's mum.
    > >
    > > I think there's more chance of the former........
    >
    > Grrrrumph. Fingers crossed anyway. With so much other crap going on in the world, I'm hoping the
    > good luck gets displaced elsewhere. Like into the lives of Bomba, Darsh and Russ.

    Errrmm, right - did I just drop a clanger re-bomba's mum? - Soz if there's something going on there
    that I missed/forgot about. I thought you'd thrown that in as a sideways dig at Bomba.............

    > > > Worked for me dude.
    > >
    > > Yeah - feeling all loved up now....not to mention kinda horny......
    >
    > My place or yours?

    Peperoni, or hot and spicy special?

    > > > Andy Chequer, off to play chicken with some spring compressors.
    > >
    > > OOoooo!
    > >
    > > Have fun.
    >
    > Update: have the struts off the car (nothing siezed on a 10 year old
    Ford -
    > huh?), and the new ones are the wrong type. Flangemonkeys.

    If everything goes right when working on a car, you missed something, and will likely die later.
    Just the way it is.

    > Andy Chequer off for a whinge to his friendly motor factor.

    and stuff. Then do it again.

    Shaun aRe

  13. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    >>Grrrrumph. Fingers crossed anyway. With so much other crap going on in the world, I'm hoping the
    >>good luck gets displaced elsewhere. Like into the lives of Bomba, Darsh and Russ.
    >

    > Errrmm, right - did I just drop a clanger re-bomba's mum? - Soz if there's something going on
    > there that I missed/forgot about. I thought you'd thrown that in as a sideways dig at
    > Bomba.............

    It was in the Darsh thread. My mum went in for cancer surgery yesterday. Don't worry about it, I
    thought it was rather amusing ;)

  14. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > >>Grrrrumph. Fingers crossed anyway. With so much other crap going on in
    the
    > >>world, I'm hoping the good luck gets displaced elsewhere. Like into the lives of Bomba, Darsh
    > >>and Russ.
    > >

    > > Errrmm, right - did I just drop a clanger re-bomba's mum? - Soz if
    there's
    > > something going on there that I missed/forgot about. I thought you'd
    thrown
    > > that in as a sideways dig at Bomba.............
    >
    > It was in the Darsh thread. My mum went in for cancer surgery yesterday. Don't worry about it, I
    > thought it was rather amusing ;)

    Soz pal - that message wasn't on my server - I just thought that (typically) Andy was saying you're
    mum was suffering having you as a son, heheheheh...

    Hey, all the best to your mum Jon - hope she heals up quick.

    Shaun aRe