7.64 W/kg at Threshold?

jws said:
http://www.paolotiralongo.it/caratteristike.html

....wonder how he determines his threshold (soglia)?
actually he's under-stating his case: I make 450W/57 kg some 7.90 W/kg or ~23% over the top of Dr. Coggan's power-profiling table FTP best.

Maybe his bathroom scales are a tad optimistic?

I just noticed his FTP W/kg is higher than the chart-topper for 5-min (7.6 W/kg) so he's indeed very special (as Phil Liggett might say).

frenchyge said:
More than likely he's referring to one of the myriad sports 'thresholds' besides the one that Dr. Coggan defined.
all still too high IMHO. The only metric that makes much sense would be MAP putting him around 7.9 W/kg and roughly 6W/kg FTP (75%).

In any case, it's interesting how the p-p tables quickly point out erroneous data.

Speaking of Italians what about Basso and Cunego?

rmur17 said:
all still too high IMHO. The only metric that makes much sense would be MAP putting him around 7.9 W/kg and roughly 6W/kg FTP (75%).

In any case, it's interesting how the p-p tables quickly point out erroneous data.

Speaking of Italians what about Basso and Cunego?

I thought the same, that it may be reasonable for MAP.

It's a good example of why you should never take at face value the figures people throw out. Even IF it's accurately measured, you really need to know the duration and other details. And, of course, it's important to be consistent within the scheme that you use.

By the way, good catch on the math, Rick. Maybe he was using his winter weight, which would work to about 2kg higher.

Jeez, I fluctuate almost 2kg daily!!

I have been doing some research and there is strong evidence to suggest that anyone with a true FTP over 6 w/kg must be suspect of hematocrit manipulation.

john979 said:
I have been doing some research and there is strong evidence to suggest that anyone with a true FTP over 6 w/kg must be suspect of hematocrit manipulation.
Yes, manipulation by excessive talent and training. :p

john979 said:
not that I really know, but I'm guessing that you would also refer to high-altitude training as hematocrit manipulation.

-Eric