7 Minute Rotator Cuff Solution - $118 on amazon.com?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Steve Freides, Nov 29, 2003.

  1. "4precious" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Are the exercises in this book any better than the ones you can get for free on the internet, such
    > as at the site below?
    >
    > http://familydoctor.org/handouts/265.html
    >
    > Eric

    Those exercises are in the book. Obviously the book goes into a lot more detail -- it covers the
    anatomy of the shoulder, the whys and wherefores of shoulder injuries, and has many levels of
    routines for rehab and injury prevention. It's a good read for anyone who works out.

    Randy

  2. Drs

    Drs Guest

    [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote in message
    [email protected]

    [...]

    > I have a copy that I am willing to sell - the only problem is that I live in Australia.
    >
    > I bought it a few years ago when I had shoulder problems - it;s only been read the once and is
    > just sitting here.
    >
    > I don't know about transferring money for the book and shipping to me
    > - but I don't want an arm or a leg for it - just what I paid for the book and shipping - about
    > US$25.

    Yer dreaming. It's second hand, mate. I might give you AU$25 for it.

    --

    "Posting at the top because that's where the cursor happened to be is like shitting in your pants
    because that's where your asshole happened to be." Andreas Prilop

  3. Art S

    Art S Guest

    "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > [email protected]
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > > I have a copy that I am willing to sell - the only problem is that I live in Australia.
    > >
    > > I bought it a few years ago when I had shoulder problems - it;s only been read the once and is
    > > just sitting here.
    > >
    > > I don't know about transferring money for the book and shipping to me
    > > - but I don't want an arm or a leg for it - just what I paid for the book and shipping - about
    > > US$25.
    >
    > Yer dreaming. It's second hand, mate. I might give you AU$25 for it.

    And if he won't sell it for less, you can buy it from Amazon, right?

    And save money, right?

    Art

  4. On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 00:08:37 +1100, "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >[email protected] <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >[email protected]
    >
    >[...]
    >
    >> I have a copy that I am willing to sell - the only problem is that I live in Australia.
    >>
    >> I bought it a few years ago when I had shoulder problems - it;s only been read the once and is
    >> just sitting here.
    >>
    >> I don't know about transferring money for the book and shipping to me
    >> - but I don't want an arm or a leg for it - just what I paid for the book and shipping - about
    >> US$25.
    >
    >Yer dreaming. It's second hand, mate. I might give you AU$25 for it.

    I made the offer in good faith after reading of the problems of sourcing the book,

    I am not profiting from the exercise - only recouping my original cost.

    If you don't agree - there is no need to disparage me.

    Bundy

  5. Drs

    Drs Guest

    Art S <[email protected]> wrote in message
    [email protected]
    > "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> [email protected]

    [...]

    >>> I don't know about transferring money for the book and shipping to me - but I don't want an arm
    >>> or a leg for it - just what I paid for the book and shipping - about US$25.
    >>
    >> Yer dreaming. It's second hand, mate. I might give you AU$25 for
    >> it.
    >
    > And if he won't sell it for less, you can buy it from Amazon, right?

    I'm not desperate about it, just making a point.

    --

    "Posting at the top because that's where the cursor happened to be is like shitting in your pants
    because that's where your asshole happened to be." Andreas Prilop

  6. Proton Soup

    Proton Soup Guest

    On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 03:25:52 +1100, "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Art S <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >[email protected]
    >> "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>> [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> [email protected]
    >
    >[...]
    >>>
    >>> Yer dreaming. It's second hand, mate. I might give you AU$25 for
    >>> it.
    >>
    >> And if he won't sell it for less, you can buy it from Amazon, right?
    >
    >I'm not desperate about it, just making a point.

    A very poor one, too. The price is determined by market forces, supply and demand. For a person who
    doesn't want his arm to fall off, $50 may be a fair price.

    Proton Soup

  7. Art S

    Art S Guest

    "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Art S <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > [email protected]
    > > "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:bqkn90$bp2$1[email protected]...
    > >> [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> [email protected]
    >
    > [...]
    > >>
    > >> Yer dreaming. It's second hand, mate. I might give you AU$25 for
    > >> it.
    > >
    > > And if he won't sell it for less, you can buy it from Amazon, right?
    >
    > I'm not desperate about it, just making a point.

    So was I.

    Someone wants the book. It is available for $100 (Yes, I know it was more). Yet another person
    offers to sell it at a far lower price.

    And you say "It is used, I don't care if the only other copies available cost more than $100 (US),
    I'm going to pay less than the original sales price because it was read one time and isn't
    pristine".

    You can certainly say that but, IMO, if you really want the book it is... counterproductive. (If I
    had offered to sell my (used) copy at list, undercutting the other sellers by almost $100 and the
    person wanting to buy said "it is used. I won't pay what you paid to buy it", I would decide to try
    offering it elsewhere. For more.)

    Art

  8. Lee Michaels

    Lee Michaels Guest

    "Proton Soup" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 03:25:52 +1100, "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Art S <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >[email protected]
    > >> "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > >[...]
    > >>
    > >> And if he won't sell it for less, you can buy it from Amazon, right?
    > >
    > >I'm not desperate about it, just making a point.
    >
    > A very poor one, too. The price is determined by market forces, supply and demand. For a person
    > who doesn't want his arm to fall off, $50 may be a fair price.

    Which is exactly the point I was making about the so called ethics of copying and distributing this
    information.

    Mr Robinson is in a position to greatly help many people with a fine publication that can make a
    drastic difference in people's lives. So what does he do? He denys these people free and easy access
    to this publication. Why? Does it matter?

    He is rither totally incompetent or he just enjoys screwing people over. In either case, Mr
    Robinson's behavior is unethical. Why should people have to pay top dollar to buy something that the
    could easily provide?

  9. Art S

    Art S Guest

    "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nada-spam*@comcast.net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s52...

    > "Proton Soup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 03:25:52 +1100, "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Art S <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > >[email protected]
    > > >
    > > >[...]
    > > >
    > > >I'm not desperate about it, just making a point.
    > >
    > > A very poor one, too. The price is determined by market forces, supply and demand. For a person
    > > who doesn't want his arm to fall off, $50 may be a fair price.
    > >
    > Which is exactly the point I was making about the so called ethics of copying and distributing
    > this information.
    >
    > Mr Robinson is in a position to greatly help many people with a fine publication that can make a
    > drastic difference in people's lives. So what does he do? He denys these people free and easy
    > access to this publication. Why? Does it matter?
    >
    > He is rither totally incompetent or he just enjoys screwing people over. In either case, Mr
    > Robinson's behavior is unethical. Why should people have to pay top dollar to buy something that
    > the could easily provide?

    Its unethical to be incompetent? I didn't know that.

    Art

  10. Lee Michaels

    Lee Michaels Guest

    "Art S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nada-spam*@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]_s52...
    > >
    > > "Proton Soup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    message

    > > > A very poor one, too. The price is determined by market forces, supply and demand. For a
    > > > person who doesn't want his arm to fall off, $50 may be a fair price.
    > > >
    > > Which is exactly the point I was making about the so called ethics of copying and distributing
    > > this information.
    > >
    > > Mr Robinson is in a position to greatly help many people with a fine publication that can make a
    > > drastic difference in people's lives. So
    what
    > > does he do? He denys these people free and easy access to this
    publication.
    > > Why? Does it matter?
    > >
    > > He is rither totally incompetent or he just enjoys screwing people over.
    In
    > > either case, Mr Robinson's behavior is unethical. Why should people have
    > > pay top dollar to buy something that the could easily provide?
    > >

    > Its unethical to be incompetent? I didn't know that.

    I was referring to the previous post where Steve and I were discussing this. I was just trying to
    compare the actions of robinsom versus his victims. Mr Robinson is BOTH unethical and incompetent.
    And a few other things as well.

    I am just saying that this guy goes so far beyond bad service, that he invites creative work arounds
    and revenge plots.

  11. Art S

    Art S Guest

    "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nada-spam*@comcast.net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s52...

    > "Art S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nada-spam*@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]_s52...
    > > >
    > > > "Proton Soup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > message

    > for

    > right?

    > > > Which is exactly the point I was making about the so called ethics of copying and distributing
    > > > this information.
    > > >
    > > > Mr Robinson is in a position to greatly help many people with a fine publication that can make
    > > > a drastic difference in people's lives. So
    > what
    > > > does he do? He denys these people free and easy access to this
    > publication.
    > > > Why? Does it matter?
    > > >
    > > > He is rither totally incompetent or he just enjoys screwing people over.
    > In
    > > > either case, Mr Robinson's behavior is unethical. Why should people have
    > > > pay top dollar to buy something that the could easily provide?
    > > >

    > > Its unethical to be incompetent? I didn't know that.
    > >

    > I was referring to the previous post where Steve and I were discussing this. I was just trying to
    > compare the actions of robinsom versus his victims. Mr Robinson is BOTH unethical and incompetent.
    > And a few other things as well.

    OK. That I can't argue with. Least not effectively. (His real goal is to...)

    > I am just saying that this guy goes so far beyond bad service, that he invites creative work
    > arounds and revenge plots.

    Creative work arounds? Certainly.

    Revenge plots? I think that THAT one is a little extreme. Uh... You don't have my address do you?

    Art

  12. Lee Michaels

    Lee Michaels Guest

    "Art S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nada-spam*@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]_s52...
    > >
    > > "Art S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nada-spam*@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]_s52...

    > > message

    > > for

    > > right?

    off,

    So
    > > what
    > > publication.

    > > In
    > > > >

    > > > Its unethical to be incompetent? I didn't know that.
    > > >

    > > I was referring to the previous post where Steve and I were discussing
    this.
    > > I was just trying to compare the actions of robinsom versus his victims.
    Mr
    > > Robinson is BOTH unethical and incompetent. And a few other things as
    well.

    > OK. That I can't argue with. Least not effectively. (His real goal is
    to...)

    > > I am just saying that this guy goes so far beyond bad service, that he invites creative work
    > > arounds and revenge plots.
    >
    > Creative work arounds? Certainly.
    >
    > Revenge plots? I think that THAT one is a little extreme. Uh... You don't have my address do you?

    LOL You are safe Art.

    You obviously like danger because you live in close proximity to gun and dog nuts.

    I am a pussycat. But this Robinson guy creates some rather strong responses in people.

    Not from me though. Remember my experience?? I got my product within three or four months each time.
    This is an unusually good experience with the HFL crowd. I am a happy customer.

    <smirk

  13. Top Spin

    Top Spin Guest

    On 2 Dec 2003 09:39:56 -0800, [email protected] (4precious) wrote:

    >Are the exercises in this book any better than the ones you can get for free on the internet, such
    >as at the site below?
    >
    >http://familydoctor.org/handouts/265.html
    >
    >Eric

    As Randy said, the exercises are similar, but not identical. The HLF book has multi-level routines
    for both rehab and injury prevention.

    Here's a quickie translation from that site to the HLF book:

    Exercise 1 is like the Standing "L" Fly (done sitting). This is not included in the lower level
    exercises.

    Exercise 2 is the Lying "L" Fly.

    Exercise 3 is Internal Rotator Curl and is only recommended for rehab of an internal rotator
    cuff injury.

    Exercise 4 is the Supraspinatus Fly and is strongly advised against.

    One major exercise in the HFL book is Lying Fly, not shown on that web site. They also make a big
    deal of stretching.

    --
    Spam sink email address, sorry

  14. >On 2 Dec 2003 09:39:56 -0800, [email protected] (4precious) wrote:

    >>Are the exercises in this book any better than the ones you can get for free on the internet, such
    >>as at the site below?
    >>
    >>http://familydoctor.org/handouts/265.html
    >>
    >>Eric
    >
    >As Randy said, the exercises are similar, but not identical. The HLF book has multi-level routines
    >for both rehab and injury prevention.
    >
    >Here's a quickie translation from that site to the HLF book:
    >
    >Exercise 1 is like the Standing "L" Fly (done sitting). This is not included in the lower level
    >exercises.
    >
    >Exercise 2 is the Lying "L" Fly.
    >
    >Exercise 3 is Internal Rotator Curl and is only recommended for rehab of an internal rotator
    >cuff injury.
    >
    >Exercise 4 is the Supraspinatus Fly and is strongly advised against.
    >
    >One major exercise in the HFL book is Lying Fly, not shown on that web site. They also make a big
    >deal of stretching.

    http://www.aafp.org/afp/20030315/1315ph.html

    This is the same as above Family Doctor handout.

    I do these four exercises each week for some time now. I don't know who advises against Exercise 4,
    but is this asserter a real physician? This character who sells the booklet is not a physician, as
    far as I can tell.

    If you want to follow quacks and "personal trainer" types rather than real doctors, be my guest. The
    four exercises if done regularly and with increasing dumbbells will strengthen the muscles
    collectively labeled "rotator cuff," which is what the original poster's goal was.

    You might also want to read http://www.drmirkin.com/fitness/F231.html

    Better to do these exercises every other day than to have an injury that requires surgery.
    Prevention is better than the knife and healing.

    A Google search will also direct you to Theraband and other elastic cord versions of these
    exercises. I initially did these, but switched to weights after a band broke and snapped me in the
    face. The dumbbells are more satisfactory anyway.

  15. Diablo

    Diablo Guest

    "Suzeann Loomis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > A Google search will also direct you to Theraband and other elastic cord versions of these
    > exercises. I initially did these, but switched to weights after a band broke and snapped me in
    > the face.

    Almost as much fun as having a welt across the face from a stretch cord from 20 yards out.

    Anyone had any experience with a chiropractor and RC rehab/impingement treatment out of curiosity?

    steve

  16. Bill

    Bill Guest

    I have a copy to sell for $25.

    Bill, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 10:05:20 -0500, "Steve Freides"
    <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I was talking to someone at the gym yesterday who I've seen in the pool
    only
    > >kicking - he said he has a rotator cuff problem. When I asked if he'd
    heard
    > >of the 7 Minute Rotator Cuff Solution, he said no, so I said I'd get some more information for
    > >him and write it down for the next time I see him.
    > >
    > >So I go poking around Google and see the book apparently has a list price
    of
    > >$20 but Amazon sells it for $118! I'm assuming it's out of print or something like that.
    > >
    > >Can anyone shed some light on this for me, and/or point me to somewhere I could send this guy
    > >where he could get the book for $20 and not $120?
    > >
    > >For what it's worth, I've never seen the book nor read it but I've heard good things about it and
    > >wouldn't mind reading it myself sometime, too.
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > >-S- http://www.kbnj.com
    > >

    > I have a copy that I am willing to sell - the only problem is that I live
    in
    > Australia.
    >
    > I bought it a few years ago when I had shoulder problems - it;s only been
    read
    > the once and is just sitting here.
    >
    > I don't know about transferring money for the book and shipping to me -
    but I
    > don't want an arm or a leg for it - just what I paid for the book and
    shipping -
    > about US$25.

  17. Ff123

    Ff123 Guest

    On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 03:07:17 -0500, "Bill" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I have a copy to sell for $25.

    Please contact me if Steve doesn't bite.

    ff123 [email protected]

    For those individuals who have expressed concerns about how I choose to spend my money, I
    have actually found and read various online sites regarding shoulder health and
    weightlifting. For example:

    http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/292kilt2.html http://www.t-
    mag.com/nation_articles/280rotator2.html

    One of the useful tidbits I picked up from the first site is that I am probably inappropriately
    prioritizing chins over shoulder presses (I will be fixing that workout problem immediately).

    Still, I would like to read what is generally considered to be the classic book in this area.

  18. Neil

    Neil Guest

    FYI A few weeks ago I purchased a copy of the 7minute rotator cuff solution from Posture Prince
    Products in Vancouver BC. It was 19.95 US$ with shipping and handling of $7.50. The purchase was
    through Paypal and arrived in a few days. The website is www.bodyballsynergy.com/books_7min.html.

    berlin.de...