7 Reasons To Start Bike Riding

Great post you have here. I agree that running does out more stress on the joints compared to cycling. While I have yet to take cycling seriously, this post has certainly opened my eyes causing me to view cycling in a different light. I used to bike leisurely around our neighborhood when I was a kid but never really considered it as a sport. Now, I feel I have more reasons to justify buying a bike a hit the road again. Thanks!

Well I guess everyone has their reasons for cycling. Some of the reasons you stated of course. Some do it for fun, to relax or just for the challenge like racers do.

I certainly opted for cycling, rather than any other sports, because It seemed to me that it was something that will put me out there either in nature or in town, help me commute and easily go from point A to point B. It also is a very good way to tone my body, shape my legs, and try to tiny my tummy a little bit in the process.
Also, I feel like I can fly on a bike, and I love how my adrenaline can take great jumps whilst sleeping up.
It makes me happy, relieves my stress and boost my energy, plus I love when I bump into some other cyclist - such a great sight nowadays when everyone seems to prefer to get into a car and drive, rather than cycle. So many bikes are just rotting in people's sheds and garages...

These are all great reasons to start cycling. I love cycling. The feeling of the wind and going fast is just amazing and nothing beats that feeling. It's such an adrenaline rush.

I definitely love cycling for the energy boost it gives me, as well as the full body workout. The 'on the go' aspect appeals to me as well...if I can get a workout in while I'm on my way to work or running errands, all the better!

Mostly though I love cycling for the sheer fun of it...I'm super uncoordinated and team sports aren't really my thing, so biking is one of the few athletic pursuits that I can just enjoy un-self consciously. It's a social thing for me as well, I've made some awesome cyclist friends and going on group rides is so much fun!

Like others have said, there seems to be a lot more camaraderie with cycling than what you get with other sports.

When I was younger I used to go jogging and also to the gym, and most of the time I wouldn't speak to anyone. As soon as I left the house on a bike though it seems like you join a big unofficial club, and every cyclist you see either nods, waves or speaks to you.

What about the exercise bike? You can pedal and exercise for as long as you like at a stationary point. You can enjoy the experience equivalent to riding an actual bike. This realistic experience is a major charm. You can place the exercise bike anywhere in your house.

What about the exercise bike? You can pedal and exercise for as long as you like at a stationary point. You can enjoy the experience equivalent to riding an actual bike. This realistic experience is a major charm. You can place the exercise bike anywhere in your house.

While the exercise bike is a good form of...well, exercise and if the only reason your cycling is to get fit, then it is an option but you can't say that riding an exercise bike is anywhere near as enjoyable as riding a real bike in the outdoors.

All great reasons. Plus if you live somewhere that has beautiful scenery, that's very peaceful and fun!

That's good to know that it preserves the body and even saves it. I rode the bike for months after I learned how to, then months after I stopped. My dad recently got me going again and he joins me. He realized he needed to lose some weight haha. I guess I need to bike even more if I'm tired most of the time during the day. I need that energy back.

Those are more reasons to start cycling! I started cycling because it is a way for me to travel short distances, but too long to be covered by walking alone. Cycling enables me to go to the farmer's market easily and buy whatever food we need for that day. Cycling enables me to run quick errands like going to the grocery or paying our bills. It is a quick and easy way to get things done and for me the health impact is just an added bonus.

There are plenty of ways to enjoy a warm spring afternoon, but riding a bike is one of the most active ways to spend your leisure time.

Bicycling has all sorts of health benefits—physical and mental. It engages your legs, but it's easy on your joints, and it really does provide a sense of freedom.

Running has the potential to take its toll on the body. Biking, on the other hand, is far lower impact and engages the muscles in the legs without as much force coming down on the knees. So long as you keep your legs pumping on your bike, it ends up being a smoother, lower risk form of cardio you’ll appreciate, especially if you're recovering from an injury.

Challenge yourself by powering your way up hills and pushing your speed over 10 mph, but even keeping to a leisurely pace is a great way to supplement an active lifestyle.

I used running,but when l start riding bike,it totally different from running or other sports .
I can feel the wind in my face.I can feel speed!So amazing!