7 speed Sachs

I'm thinking of buying a speed sachs hub for my bike. does anyone happen to
know the dropout width required for one of these?
thanks
Geoff

--
www.bswa.org

I used to have one, but unfortunately can't recall the spacing, though
I do know the Shimano 7-speed is 130.

Of course, if your frame is steel then any bike shop can widen or
narrow its spacing. I've done this to two of my upright bikes, one to
run the 7-speed, and one to run a 3-speed.

Mark

X wrote:
> I'm thinking of buying a speed sachs hub for my bike. does anyone happen to
> know the dropout width required for one of these?

The Sachs 7-speed hub has been replaced by the SRAM Spectro S7.

Sheldon Brown lists this as a 132-mm hub for the brakeless and drum
brake versions, and 130-mm for the coaster brake version:
<http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/sram.html>.

Mr. Brown also offers a gearing calculator for both the older Sachs and
the newer SRAM internally geared hubs:
<http://sheldonbrown.com/internal-gears.html#sachs7> and/or
<http://sheldonbrown.com/gears/internal.html>.

--