700 x 35c tire width

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tekbuf, Jun 17, 2003.

  1. Tekbuf

    Tekbuf Guest

    My bicycle came wih Bontrager 700 x 35c tires. Is the width an odd size tire width? I seem to have
    difficulty locating this tire size (including from Bontrager). Even though I have little to compare
    it to, I really like the comfort of the ride. I am consdering replacing with the same size. I am
    also considering a cyclocross tire of the same size but can't locate any. Any info is apprecaited.

    --
    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:

    Tags:

  2. Kbh

    Kbh Guest

    I just bought a set of 700x35 Panaracer Pasela's from Nashbar. I don't think its an uncommon size,
    just not popular with bicycle manufacturer marketing types, becuse they're 'fat' and 'heavy' (the
    tires, that is). They're great for touring and all-round use.

    Kyle

  3. TekBuf wrote:
    > My bicycle came wih Bontrager 700 x 35c tires. Is the width an odd size tire width? I seem to have
    > difficulty locating this tire size (including from Bontrager). Even though I have little to
    > compare it to, I really like the comfort of the ride. I am consdering replacing with the same
    > size. I am also considering a cyclocross tire of the same size but can't locate any. Any info is
    > apprecaited.

    I believe they could also be called 622-35 or even 587-35 maybe. 622 equals 700C and 587 equals 700D

    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tire_sizing.html Better check with Sheldon ;)

    --
    Perre

    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

  4. Bfd

    Bfd Guest

    [email protected] (TekBuf) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > My bicycle came wih Bontrager 700 x 35c tires. Is the width an odd size tire width? I seem to have
    > difficulty locating this tire size (including from Bontrager). Even though I have little to
    > compare it to, I really like the comfort of the ride. I am consdering replacing with the same
    > size. I am also considering a cyclocross tire of the same size but can't locate any. Any info is
    > apprecaited.

    700x35 (or 35-622) are available and can be found here:

    http://www.rivbike.com/webalog/tires_tubes/10011.html

    or here:

    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/tires/622.html

    --
    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

  5. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

    "TekBuf" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > My bicycle came wih Bontrager 700 x 35c tires. Is the width an odd size tire width? I seem to have
    > difficulty locating this tire size (including from Bontrager). Even though I have little to
    > compare it to, I really like the comfort of the ride. I am consdering replacing with the same
    > size. I am also considering a cyclocross tire of the same size but can't locate any. Any info is
    > apprecaited.

    My vote is for the Avocet Fasgrip's. Wire bead and no kevlar - they're inexpensive.

    --
    Robin Hubert <[email protected]

  6. > TekBuf wrote:
    > > My bicycle came wih Bontrager 700 x 35c tires. Is the width an odd size tire width? I seem to
    > > have difficulty locating this tire size (including from Bontrager). Even though I have little to
    > > compare it to, I really like the comfort of the ride. I am consdering replacing with the same
    > > size. I am also considering a cyclocross tire of the same size but can't locate any. Any info is
    > > apprecaited.

    Anything from 28c to 37c should be fine. That's just the width in mm, sounds like your bike is a
    hybrid or touring bike, they generally come with wider tires.
    --
    _________________________

    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

  7. Peter Cole

    Peter Cole Guest

  8. I was up in them thar hills practicing for the death ride and it felt very nice to have a fat avocet
    32 on the front. In tht thin air you drop like a stone on the long downhills, and the thought of
    pizza-ing out far from town is no fun. My continental ultra-gatorskin 28 on the back felt hard,
    narrow and slow compared to the nice fat 32. Now I want to try 35s!

    One thing people don't mention is fat tires seem to be less flat-prone, am I right? A flat much more
    than negates any speed advantage of smaller tires except in a time trial, unless you've got support
    vehicles waiting.