718 Cyclery

danfoz

Apr 12, 2011
Another season, and time for another chain.

Apparently my local bike shop's Campagnolo11 chain rivet peening tool recently went missing. We have another pro shop close by in Brooklyn who I know builds a lot of high end bikes and is certainly in possession of the tool required to install my recently acquired Chorus11 chain, however I have had some suspect work done at that shop on more than one occasion along with the tell tale sign that some of their salespeople come to my local shop for their mechanical work. WTF?

So, currently unemployed and keeping expenses down (otherwise I would simply purchase the tool myself and install), I was looking around for another shop close by where I can have faith the guy installing my new chain will have at least installed one other chain whose install required peening the rivet. Believe it or not Campy is not all that common around these or any parts, and while installing a chain is not all that difficult, it's correct installation is critical, especially on a bike that is frequently subjected to high torque loads.

Which leads to my point....

In my search for a local shop to install my chain, and highly recommended by someone who loves bikes as much as myself, I discovered 718 Cyclery. A 5 minute ride from my front door and another reason I love my neighborhood.

/img/vimeo_logo.png

Joe seems like a good person.

Good luck with your next job/career move, Dan.

If you can do anything associated with the oil & gas industry Pennsylvania and Ohio companies are hiring damn near anyone that can pass a drug test and fog a mirror for very good money.

Thanks Bob. I am a couple weeks away from getting my real estate license and already have a desk waiting for me at one of the bigger brokerages in NYC, so PA will have to wait on me a little longer.

Heading down to get my chain installed after class today and will get to see the shop and meet the folks in person.