'77 Worlds

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Steve McGinty, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. I don't usually find the British Cycling website entertaining, but this memoire of the 1977 worlds
    in Venezuela was an eye opener

    http://www.bcf.uk.com/features/dave_01.html

    "Inside was quite dark with dodgy music and silhouettes of girls dancing. It turned out to be a
    knocking shop and it was my birthday. The lads all had a whip round and suggested I go and have a
    good time -- well I was a young full blooded male and a sprinter at that so I started to dance with
    this girl.

    Moments later the lights went on, the door burst open, it was a cop raid. To my horror the girl I
    was dancing with had no teeth and was covered in spots. That was a lucky escape but no such luck --
    we were all pinned up against the wall with guns pointed at the back of our heads."

    Cheers! Stephen Cheers! Stephen

    Tags:

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Steve McGinty" <[email protected]_DOT_.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Moments later the lights went on, the door burst open, it was a cop raid. To my horror the girl I
    > was dancing with had no teeth and was covered in spots. That was a lucky escape but no such luck
    > -- we were all pinned up against the wall with guns pointed at the back of our heads."

    Sounds like a description of Chris Mitchell with a wig on.

  3. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Steve McGinty" <@4ax.com...

    > I don't usually find the British Cycling website entertaining, but this memoire of the 1977 worlds
    > in Venezuela was an eye opener
    >
    > http://www.bcf.uk.com/features/dave_01.html
    >
    > "Inside was quite dark with dodgy music and silhouettes of girls dancing. It turned out to be a
    > knocking shop and it was my birthday. The lads all had a whip round and suggested I go and have a
    > good time -- well I was a young full blooded male and a sprinter at that so I started to dance
    > with this girl.
    >
    > Moments later the lights went on, the door burst open, it was a cop raid. To my horror the girl I
    > was dancing with had no teeth and was covered in spots. That was a lucky escape but no such luck
    > -- we were all pinned up against the wall with guns pointed at the back of our heads."
    >
    > Cheers! Stephen Cheers! Stephen

    Were you/are you a cheerleader?

    VERY funny that article; thanks, Ken.